Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I couldn't care less about the gender of soldiers since I accept the game as fantasy and good kind of fantasy(low magic), tho I've been visiting game's wiki and its irritating to see every reference to protag is reading "misthios" + "kassandra", instead of simply misthios. Either female option is canon(?) or people editing the wiki are buncha butthurt sexists :P

They used the woman for the novels and stuff I think, so inasmuch as anything can be canon, she's the canon protagonist. But who cares it's a dumb game

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What. The. Fuck. Is. Up. With. The. Mercenaries. And. Aggro. System. In. This. Game.

- okay so I killed some Athens captain in buttfuck nowhere, got 2 helmet bounty, nice and easy, I then wandered around in a Spartan territory. Two mercenaries up on my ass, they chased me to a Spartan camp, and the Spartan soldiers in there proceed to... attack me???

- Some asshole merc got alerted while I was running around in a city, he attacked me first, I defensed myself of course, the city guards proceed to gang rape me???

- I led a merc from an empty field with no one in sight into a fort so obviously no one knew who started the fight, yet the Athens guards in that fort fought me instead of the merc???

- I outed a Spartan king in a story mission and he got exiled, post cutscene I got to chase him down and eliminate him for good, while we were fighting the Spartan soldiers from the city joined the fight... against me instead of the betrayal proved king, what???

- Why am I prohibited to enter faction camps and forts, yet other mercenaries are free to do so? Why are they instantly attracted to where I'm hiding in these places like I have a fucking GPS on my head?

- I just freed some slaves, fought their captors, somehow got bounty from it, the slaves went back and sucker punched me?

Seriously this game quite possibly has the very worst faction system I've ever played through. No matter which side you just fight for minutes earlier, if you engage with someone immediately after, they will always attack you, no question asked. Literally aside from wild animals, every NPC in this game is programmed to be against you once you have bounty or you're fighting against anyone. Civilians will fight you, chickens will fight you, everyone except your right hand Barnabas will fight you, and the game conveniently drops 2 or 3 mercenaries near you so they can fuck up what you're doing in the most convenient way possible.

Does anyone find this fun? Honest question, because everything related to mercenaries and NPC aggro in this game has just been a pain in the ass for me :what:

Deleted member 7219

What. The. Fuck. Is. Up. With. The. Mercenaries. And. Aggro. System. In. This. Game.

- okay so I killed some Athens captain in buttfuck nowhere, got 2 helmet bounty, nice and easy, I then wandered around in a Spartan territory. Two mercenaries up on my ass, they chased me to a Spartan camp, and the Spartan soldiers in there proceed to... attack me???

- Some asshole merc got alerted while I was running around in a city, he attacked me first, I defensed myself of course, the city guards proceed to gang rape me???

- I led a merc from an empty field with no one in sight into a fort so obviously no one knew who started the fight, yet the Athens guards in that fort fought me instead of the merc???

- I outed a Spartan king in a story mission and he got exiled, post cutscene I got to chase him down and eliminate him for good, while we were fighting the Spartan soldiers from the city joined the fight... against me instead of the betrayal proved king, what???

- Why am I prohibited to enter faction camps and forts, yet other mercenaries are free to do so? Why are they instantly attracted to where I'm hiding in these places like I have a fucking GPS on my head?

- I just freed some slaves, fought their captors, somehow got bounty from it, the slaves went back and sucker punched me?

Seriously this game quite possibly has the very worst faction system I've ever played through. No matter which side you just fight for minutes earlier, if you engage with someone immediately after, they will always attack you, no question asked. Literally aside from wild animals, every NPC in this game is programmed to be against you once you have bounty or you're fighting against anyone. Civilians will fight you, chickens will fight you, everyone except your right hand Barnabas will fight you, and the game conveniently drops 2 or 3 mercenaries near you so they can fuck up what you're doing in the most convenient way possible.

Does anyone find this fun? Honest question, because everything related to mercenaries and NPC aggro in this game has just been a pain in the ass for me :what:

There is a theme running through this post.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

This looks terribad, and I like the game. It's like an ugly pus from the older games, and like them, void of any self-critical thinking or i.r.o.n.y.

Some old fart with a lame-ass micro-penis blade (as opposed to your massive cock of a spear of Leon-fucking-nidas) is telling you, he spends his life fighting against those who slaughter (huh like the PlayerCharacter? Like the fucking Ass-Ass-ins?) and against those who feel superior to others ... is this a game where I play a badass Spartan or a fucking
fedora.png
larping sim? No you old fart, you spend your days practicing the blade, so you can defend the honor of m'lady.

The incredibly pathetic home-made micropenis blade and the sad, sad, manifesto declaration by the old incel is nothing short of mega turbo-dweeb status.

It's like the game is telling me that not only am I meeting this guy, right here
5d0c30062215283cad49518c9495974b681cd3a08bfcb2ea6a93c4058cdfcf6e_1.jpg
but I'm also in awe, how fucking cool he is. :roll:

I did not realize my eyes could physically roll that far back in my head.

This first expansion looks like a dumb and tonedeaf mess, will skip.

rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
of
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png
rating_prosper.png

Last edited:
It's this guy.

Artabanus,[1] better known as Darius, was the Persian assassin of King Xerxes I of Persia.

A proponent of free will, he is considered to be one of the very first proto-Assassins and was active several centuries before the order's formal establishment. His assassination of Xerxes I was the first recorded usage of the Hidden Blade, which went on to become the iconic weapon of the Assassin Brotherhood.

A proponent of free will.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
It's this guy.

It's not about who he is, it's what he says and that penisblade.

A proponent of free will.

A proponent of faggotry, judging by the trailer.

This ass-lore has to die. It is stupid, only complete retards and sophists would consider the "lore" profound, let alone engaging.

Exmaples:

- All the protagonist does in all Ass games, this one included, is slaughter people.
- To feel superior to all other people, because you're basically god-of-death.
- Free will is not even a thing, even though there are *some* choices in this game (finally), it's so incredibly ironic to use free will in any of these Ass games, that the less said about it, the better the games are.
- Let's say, for argument's sake that the penisblade was impressive and not laughably stupid at some point - compared to the Spear of Leonidas, it is lough-out-loud sad and pathetic.

I wouldn't be caught dead with this incel toy

57fe647529e1238f668b4568-collectible.png

when I have the Spear of Leonidas, one of the most epic weapons ever

maxresdefault.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
The main theme of this game is cool

Gonna play this on PC (I played a bit on my brother's PS4). I'm aiming to 60 FPS with a 1060 GTX. Wish me luck. :salute:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Gonna play this on PC (I played a bit on my brother's PS4). I'm aiming to 60 FPS with a 1060 GTX. Wish me luck. :salute:

That is enough GPU for the game to reach 60fps, no worries, just make sure you have a CPU to match - the game is CPU heavy, so ymmv. If you back that 1060 up with a relatively recent CPU, you'll be fine.

Wait a second, they turned Darius into an assassin? WTF? And when i thought alt-history in creed games couldn't get any worse...

It's not just that is is so bad, because it is so bad, it's that they think they're being smart or interesting. Every single time the games touch that idiotic "lore" and go all second rate Dan Brown on our ass, that's when the suckage begins. AC:Odyssey has a reasonable enough plot, and by no coincidence is almost free of any "lore" that burdens all other Ass games.

Every time they start with the "lore" I feel like I'm trapped in an elevator with a particularly flatulent person.

Most fun I've had with an AC game since Unity.

The level system is worthless, designed to sell XP boost packs to struggling casual players (easier difficulty modes get less XP and so struggle a lot more with the game's level-based/levelgating difficulty). Thankfully it's nothing cheatengine can't fix (just boost yourself to max level asap).

The writing is straight out of those cheap late 90s/early 00s fantasy tv shows (legend of the seeker, hercules etc). So it's pc and lots of teen/young adult humor and tone, still more entertaining than the dullness of the previous 3 entries. They're introducing significant features with patches, and considering how Origins also got a pc-only tweaking/configuring menu a year later, it's possible that you'll be able to tweak the bigger mechanical flaws out of the game once they 're done developing it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The writing is straight out of those cheap late 90s/early 00s fantasy tv shows (legend of the seeker, hercules etc). So it's pc and lots of teen/young adult humor and tone, still more entertaining than the dullness of the previous 3 entries.

So cheesy dumb fodder fantasy and teen humour are fun and the opposite is dull.

:updatedmytxt:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Translating DX12 calls to DX11 creates massive CPU overhead, all of their Anvil Next games suffer from this.

Would it kill them to offer the game in DX12 mode as an option? The CPU overhead in this game is just silly.

Codex Year of the Donut
honestly no idea why this is even an assassin's creed game instead of just a historical standalone game

You are not cynical enough.

Of course it would have been better if it wasn't an AssCreed game, but
dollars.png
rules at the end of the day.
not even sure if it would net them more money as AC though
would a unique historical AAA RPG really sell worse than the 72nd installment of a franchise?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom