Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/origins/en-us/game-info

I don't like posting rumors, but since even RPS decided to comment on it, hell, why not.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/322505836/

NeoGAF summary: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165890

An Ubisoft dev said the following on 4chan forums:

"Egypt. There won't be an AC in 2016. You may screencap this and refer to it when nothing is shown in E3 2016. You'll have to wait until 2017 for it. The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It's made by the Black Flag team. You may leave any question you want answered."

Well, lets hope the best.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/37176...+set+in+Egypt/

and yeah, take this with a lot grain of salt

Update:

Originally Posted by Quentyn

Found the original 4chan thread. There a few more post from him where he answers questions.

Added a temporary trip

>>322506651
Ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. The story is set before the Assassins and Templars even existed. This is basically a prequel to all ACs.

>>322506779
Think Black Flag. IE, not much to climb outside of villages.

lol that was a game being made between Prince of Persia and AC. It was cancelled and most of its tech was used in AC.

>>322509845
This one has a lot more story than any of the rest. Going back to Ancient Egypt means they can do whatever they want, without "historical accuracy" to hold them back.

>>322510162
>>322509539
Can't take that risk. Screencap my claim and wait for the glaring absence of AC in E3 2016.

>>322510154
I believe the next one is going to have a lot less recycling, which is nice.

>>322510204
>>322510261
You play as a slave or ex-slave. He looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin (like this guy >>322510112). He is not edgy, from my understanding. He's a nobody that barely speaks.

The biggest difference about this one is how colorful it looks. Like holy fuck, blue skies, lush vegetations and desert sequences where you get mirage and shit. Also you have a pet eagle you can control.

Forget Prince of Persia. It will never come back. The reason why AC exists at all is because PoP meant Ubi has to pay for license, since they don't own the IP. AC is Ubi's own IP, so merchandising and all that shit is theirs to keep. PoP is financially not worth it.

>>322511805
No, the world is made from scratch. No recycling. The only recycling is animation and even then, this one will change most of it. As far as recycling goes, this next one will have the least amount of it.

>>322512465
PC, PS4 and Xbone. Not sure if they'll ever port it to whatever Nintendo makes next.

>>322512478
They might do that and sell it when the AC movie is out in 2016

>>322512546
No one works on consoles anymore. Only programmers and technical directors have console devkits. The rest work on PC since the ports to consoles are so easy with the new gen.
The average pc is an i7 64gb ram and 670gtx
Depending on your needs, you may have a more powerful one.

>>322514554
When you put it like that, it sounds even better

>>322514608
It's not naval combat. It's just a means of navigation and some have interiors you can enter for quests.

>>322514645
illustrator/artist. I have no fucking clue what the movie is about, save for the fact that it's not related to the games at all. I think it happens in Spain or something. Don't quote me on i

>>322515398
I have no idea. A bit less, I think. The focus is more on adventure

>>322515638
There is an attachment to history, course. It's fucking AC, it's part of the design.

>>322515665
I might be wrong. The original game included Greece, which you can travel to. But it was cut from the game due to scale issues. So the naval side is now a mystery to me. There are talks about making a trilogy of this same character, so they might explore Greece/Rome next.

>>322517061
Funny you ask. I'm playing MGSV while replying to this thread. It's my favorite series but this game is so repetitive. I can't bring myself to finish it. I just switched to Bloodborne now.

>>322517143
Prototyping and creating art benchmarks

>>322517189
No idea

>>322517202
No, never.

>>322517339
Not sure about FC, but it's about 3 times Black Flag. Unlike BF, you don't have to load cities. Everything is seameless.

Thanks for the talk guys. See you all at E3 for those who screencapped this thread. I hope the movie does not turn out to be shit, but who am I kidding.

Also, happy new year.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/322505836/

Forgot one post. The last part is his answer to why there is no AC in the Japan/China setting.

>>322508167
Not sure yet, it's still in the works. Not even close to Alpha yet.

>>322508265
None of that in the working place. Honestly, there is no fucking talk about SJW and other nonsense at work. The media blows this shit way out of proportion.

Oh by the way, online (COOP) is completely cut from the series for the time being. Not sure it will ever come back, to be honest.

>>322508419
Fuck if I know. Everyone wants it, but I have no idea why they don't do it. The people in charge seem to think the mechanics don't work in that setting. I kind of understand, though. You have to redesign the character and his/her controls from scratch. That means you cannot recycle animations and other systems. Every AC game is fucking expensive to make. So recycling is essential. Without it, other things will be sacrificed.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
The first Ass Creed is a funny game. How did a game that is set in the middle east become mainstream?

This looks cool
assassins-creed-5.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
>Anno Domini two thousand and sixteen
>Still giving a fuck about Assassin's Creed

pippin

Meh, rumor threads pop up in the chans every day. There was one Looking Glass Studios dev posting there one day though, that was fun.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sounds fake as fuck. Even still, who cares about AC nowadays? Black Flag was good, but only when compared to the rest of the series, which is just bad. It was still a very shallow vacuum-the-map experience and nobody should get hyped for more of that sort of thing. Would have been excited if it was Black Flag 2 in the Mediterranean or feudal Japan setting.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I can imagine them taking a break if they feel it's needed to save the series (which in itself seems an all but impossible task). They might launch watch_dogs 2 this year, hoping to save that franchise.

Syndicate didn't sell that well (which reminds that reviews aren't as important as the fact whether gamers enjoyed last year's offering) and a third game with meh reception and sales could sink the ship.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There has to be stuff to coincide with the movie, too good of a marketing opportunity to pass up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've lost track of how many fucking AssCreed games there are... it's like Cow-a-Doody. How good could they be if they keep shitting one out every year?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Giving any Creedence to the latest 4shit fake rumour.

And that negro picture is indeed a Prince of Persia thing, according to a simple google image search.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Giving any Creedence to the latest 4shit fake rumour.

It's not as funny if you draw attention to it.

Remember, people who wouldn't notice are retards, so you don't need to worry about whether or not they notice it. It's a self-solving problem, my favorite kind.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I've lost track of how many fucking AssCreed games there are... it's like Cow-a-Doody. How good could they be if they keep shitting one out every year?

It's actually worse than Cowadoody, the first Ass Creed came in 2007:

The Assassin's Creed series is an award-winning video game series that currently consists of nine main games, seventeen spin-off games, several short films and various transmedia projects. Each of the main games have spawned novelizations, adapting and adding to the story of their respective game.

And the last two main games have been broken at launch to boot. Why do people keep buying these shitty games? :retarded:

pippin

Wasn't an Asscreed game based in China released recently or some time ago?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Actually, considering the first Assassin's Creed game was born from the wreckage of a canceled Prince of Persia project, I wouldn't be shocked if they reused assets and work from that PoP beta screenshot for a new AC.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Maybe they can work hard to make one devoid of filler that's actually fun to play and is interesting at the same time.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom