Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Frozen

Arcane
:deadhorse:

Oracsbox

They are still making these games? Don't people get tired of playing the same thing every year?
No
The mechanics are usually smooth,the visuals are constantly improved and look great and there's plenty to do.
However if you don't like one you won't enjoy the rest same with any genre/series.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Can't wait to climb one of these.

bd4350d6d6eb530a02bf348eb2595799.jpg

Suicidal

Arcane
Can't wait for Assassin's Creed Africa where you play as a Zulu warrior chucking spears at people and cursing them with voodoo magic.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't wait for Assassin's Creed Africa where you play as a Zulu warrior chucking spears and people and cursing them with voodoo magic.
And then run for 3 days on the Savannah, chasing your next meal.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Are you really sure that Ubisoft would let themselves pass on the opportunity to WE WUZ Byzantium? Can't miss the chance to show people how truly diverse Constantinople was, and show that Turks always lived there and were in fact the true Romans.

Oracsbox

Are you really sure that Ubisoft would let themselves pass on the opportunity to WE WUZ Byzantium? Can't miss the chance to show people how truly diverse Constantinople was, and show that Turks always lived there and were in fact the true Romans.
I'd like to think they wouldn't be that retarded with the Turks but who knows
You know maybe the Byzantium thing isn't so far fetched.
Also why not Russia,Levant and North Africa that way they can have different ethnicity and not totally take the piss with historical accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They already did it with both Egyptians and Greeks. Egyptians all looked like Arabs for whatever reason, and Greeks are all dark brown, instead of being of the usual European complexion. Just look at what they did to Cleopatra who was Greek, as had been all the rulers of Egypt since the time of Alexander.

Also why not Russia,Levant and North Africa that way they can have ethnics in and not totally take the piss with historical accuracy.
You're talking about the company that unashamedly said they depicted both boys and girls attending classes in Origins/Odyssey because fuck historical accuracy XD. The sole purpose of these games is to act as propaganda.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

They already did it with both Egyptians and Greeks. Egyptians all looked like Arabs for whatever reason, and Greeks are all dark brown, instead of being of the usual European complexion. Just look at what they did to Cleopatra who was Greek, as had been all the rules of Egypt since the time of Alexander.

Also why not Russia,Levant and North Africa that way they can have ethnics in and not totally take the piss with historical accuracy.
You're talking about the company that unashamedly said they depicted both boys and girls attending classes in Origins/Odyssey because fuck historical accuracy XD. The sole purpose of these games is to act as propaganda.
you're right I'm deluding myself..I always hope for better things

Gerrard

Arcane
In before they call them (or they call themselves) "Vikings" in the game.

Oracsbox

That overclock article in full

Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok Leaks - Cross-Gen AC with Vikings
RUmour has it that Assassin's Creed (Codename) Kingdom will release in 2020, launching as a cross-generation title for current-generation hardware and their next-generation counterparts.

A new leak has revealed the actual name for the title, Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok, centring the game around Vikings and kingdoms which span from Great Britain to Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, with each kingdom being split into separate settlements and holds.

With the game's reported 2020 release, it is unlikely that Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok will be present at this year's E3, especially given the early state that is seen in the game's recently leaked screenshots.

Settlements within the game will allegedly feature a level of customisation and an in-game economy, with large-scale conquest battles returning to the series after their debut in Odyssey. The legendary weapon Mjolnir is also said to be present within the game as an artefact, like Odyssey's spear of Leonidas.

Co-op is also said to be present within Assassin's Creed Ragnarok, allowing friends to play together in most side quests and during exploration. Many other mechanics from Odyssey such as naval battles, eagle vision and the series' RPG mechanics will also be present within the game. Ubisoft Montreal are reportedly leading the cross-generation project.

The protagonist of the new game is rumoured to be the legendary Ragnar Lodbrok, who helps to create the "Great Heathen Army", a coalition of warriors from Denmark, Norway and Sweden who invaded and controlled a large section of Great Britain in the 9th century.

While the screenshots that are provided with this leaked information give it an air of legitimacy, it is worth noting that this information originates from 4chan, which means that this information should be taken with an extra helping of salt. Like all leaked information, there is a good chance that this information is false. Even so, a Viking addition to the Assassin's Creed series is undoubtedly an interesting prospect.

No I don't believe it either

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
They are still making these games? Don't people get tired of playing the same thing every year?
Everything was shit after Assassin's Creed 1. Odyssey and Origins made me interested in the series again. They are casual "RPGs" but casual in a good way.
AC 2 was cool, the pirate one was ok, but yeah the last two really changed shit up. I like them

I'm certainly curious to see what they can do with it. Ubisoft has been surprisingly willing to shift focus with these games, making it the least stale of their regular game franchises. Compared to Far Cry which has felt like the same game since 3, AC games have been heavily changing up their formula every few entries since AC4. They've got a shitload of issues, but I'll be damned if I'm not here for the insane and insanely stupid story and historical setting.

That being said, I'm also really sad that the original creator for these games, Patrice Desilets, got shitcanned. His original plan for the series was to take the original modern day protagonist through a bunch of different time periods in the Animus, have him turn into a super assassin through the bleed effect, and finish the series in America. I believe I saw somewhere that the idea was for him to Desmond to literally time travel at that stage, but I can't remember where I read that part of it. Either way it's batshit insane but it sounds like entertaining insanity and it was from a singular creative vision which is definitely not the case from current AC games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom