Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

ATLAS - sandbox pirate MMO

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by PorkyThePaladin, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    :shredder:

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. TheImplodingVoice Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

TheImplodingVoice
    Because developers think that any game with a semi open world or open world that has multiplayer is an mmo these days. Same with RPGs. If you can level up a skill then people consider it an rpg these days as well.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    :gd:

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ColonelTeacup Liturgist

ColonelTeacup
    It was one of the more easily accesible videos which caught me semi-up to date on the current situation with arc. I did not think his other less-reputable actions were necessary at the moment.
    I hear they have been doing wonders for africa.

^ Top  
  5. Frozen82 Arcane

Frozen82
    Is this that racist game where you larp as a slave and gather cotton?

Always bet on the Chinese to deliver.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Trans-Financial-Man Savant

Trans-Financial-Man
    I remember watching this video on youtube of this chink in africa. He was bewildered at the state of africa and how little the africans had done with their own country. He was openly slagging off black people to this one african's face. He was so pissed off that these guys couldn't understand basic concepts of a paid workforce. I have the vid here.

"You went backwards instead of forwards!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. ColonelTeacup Liturgist

ColonelTeacup
    It's a documentary called "empire of dust". And that moment is when the main narrator, the chinese guy is dropping those quotes on him and he hates it because he's smart enough to know he's right but has no way to fix it.

Oh, I hadn't realized the uploader of the vid linked the full documentary already. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2019
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    :avatard: lol at the reviews right now

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-after-cheaters-spawn-in-ww2-tanks-aeroplanes

• Funny Funny x 10
    • incline incline x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Talby Arcane Patron

Talby
    Codex USB, 2014
    Technology moved so fast in those days.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    YARR MAY-TEEEEEEEEEEE
    IM A GAMERRRRRRRRR YARRRRRRRRRR

WHO CARE ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE COMMUNISM

IM A GAMEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SUBSCRIBER TO ME IM A 40 YR OLD FAT GUY PRETEND 2 B PIRAT YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[​IMG]

• STOP! posting x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 3
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Whales everywhere! It's like a mobile dev's dream!

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    On the actual game, I think I've figured out why there are actually so "many" people playing it.
    Many reviews and talks about the game I watched mentioned that it is so broken it's just hilariously funny, moreso with friends. A non-stop laughing orgy.
    As a fan of trash movies, I can get behind that reasoning.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Trans-Financial-Man Savant

Trans-Financial-Man

I have seen only this one You Yube channel say they like the game. Even then, they have a biased experience based around their own cult of personality that no one else will have. The only way to have fun in this game is to play on a private server with a small, exclusive community of people funding your Patreon you know.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...offline-for-a-second-time-in-less-than-a-week

• Funny Funny x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Brings back the good old days of Rallos Zek when Peace of Formosa threw the warring raid guilds into a Wold War against them by giving no fucks and fighting everyone at once.

God protect Chinese food from them.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Neerasrc Educated

Neerasrc
    - I played 1000 hours.
    - This game alone is not played.
    - Too many bugs in the game.
    - There must be a group of friends of at least 10 people. (Or you'il eat raid.)
    - The existing colony system did not hold well. (Previous system imperial system)
    - Large clans travel in groups of 50 people. They have established highly developed cities.
    - escape if you see a Mystic ship.
    - If you see a ship made with legendary material, escape again.
    - The island / structures / ships you work for 1 month may come out of your hands in 1 day.
    - Lawless islands are good for a start.
    - Don't start the game before Wipe. (coming soon)

There are too many details in the game. Each subject is a story in itself. Is the game enjoyable? Definitely because PTW (Pay to win) does not.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. grimace Erudite

grimace
    Is this free to play (pay to win) yet?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    :what:

But, why?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Neerasrc Educated

Neerasrc
    Just buy the game once. Play forever.
    Warning: Early access to the game.

Eats a lot of time. It's hard to survive. You need to find a clan quickly. Weekends are usually 2x. On weekends you are collecting treasure, animals and resources..etc also you have to skip lvl. You'il try hard to build a ship. Be sure to review the guides -)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Neerasrc Educated

Neerasrc

Because the game was really fun. Sailing, fear, excitement, everything .. I had so much fun with my friends. maybe the fear of losing tied me to the game.

[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Neerasrc Educated

Neerasrc
    Significant development:

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/atlas-news/news/atlas-roadmap-r207/

This wipe will come. They talked for sure before that, and everyone stopped playing games. (Waste of time) They're not talking about making the same mistake. -)

^ Top