Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ATLAS - sandbox pirate MMO

Lhynn

Arcane

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I still don't understand why the devs are calling this shit an MMO, the map is split into servers, each capped at 150 players, 150 player ain't massive, fuck, I believe Rust has servers with 500 people and that shit still ain't a MMO.
Because developers think that any game with a semi open world or open world that has multiplayer is an mmo these days. Same with RPGs. If you can level up a skill then people consider it an rpg these days as well.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Wow so wait, the Ark devs caused some kind of an outrage with Ark by never finishing it and instead pushing out an overhaul DLC, and then before they made that work they went and made another overhaul DLC but this time they also had another dev team working on the MMO backend? Am I getting this right?

Lol if so.
IIRC they also added in microtransactions to their early access game, which they never finished and just said "was done". The issue with ark is long and storied, but I know of a video if you've time to spend and are interested.

posting shitty cleanprincegaming give me money on patreon with my shitty faggoted videos?

It was one of the more easily accesible videos which caught me semi-up to date on the current situation with arc. I did not think his other less-reputable actions were necessary at the moment.
West vs China wars aren't uncommon in MMOs. It's a difficult battle quite often, because Chinese players usually use cheats, lag like hell, use exploits and have massive numbers united in a couple of groups while EU and American groups are more divided.
Funny to see these garbage journalists call fighting Chinese players racism. Yeah, just let them dominate the entire server. Having a fun war and bantering with enemy clans? Nah, that's racism.
chinks manage to ruin every thing they come into contact with.
I hear they have been doing wonders for africa.

Frozen

Arcane
Is this that racist game where you larp as a slave and gather cotton?

Always bet on the Chinese to deliver.

Wow so wait, the Ark devs caused some kind of an outrage with Ark by never finishing it and instead pushing out an overhaul DLC, and then before they made that work they went and made another overhaul DLC but this time they also had another dev team working on the MMO backend? Am I getting this right?

Lol if so.
IIRC they also added in microtransactions to their early access game, which they never finished and just said "was done". The issue with ark is long and storied, but I know of a video if you've time to spend and are interested.
posting shitty cleanprincegaming give me money on patreon with my shitty faggoted videos?
It was one of the more easily accesible videos which caught me semi-up to date on the current situation with arc. I did not think his other less-reputable actions were necessary at the moment.
West vs China wars aren't uncommon in MMOs. It's a difficult battle quite often, because Chinese players usually use cheats, lag like hell, use exploits and have massive numbers united in a couple of groups while EU and American groups are more divided.
Funny to see these garbage journalists call fighting Chinese players racism. Yeah, just let them dominate the entire server. Having a fun war and bantering with enemy clans? Nah, that's racism.
I remember watching this video on youtube of this chink in africa. He was bewildered at the state of africa and how little the africans had done with their own country. He was openly slagging off black people to this one african's face. He was so pissed off that these guys couldn't understand basic concepts of a paid workforce. I have the vid here.

"You went backwards instead of forwards!"

Last edited by a moderator:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Lol if so.
I remember watching this video on youtube of this chink in africa. He was bewildered at the state of africa and how little the africans had done with their own country. He was openly slagging off black people to this one african's face. He was so pissed off that these guys couldn't understand basic concepts of a paid workforce. I have the vid here.

"You went backwards instead of forwards!"
It's a documentary called "empire of dust". And that moment is when the main narrator, the chinese guy is dropping those quotes on him and he hates it because he's smart enough to know he's right but has no way to fix it.

Oh, I hadn't realized the uploader of the vid linked the full documentary already. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:avatard: lol at the reviews right now

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-after-cheaters-spawn-in-ww2-tanks-aeroplanes

Ark dev's pirate MMO Atlas goes offline after cheaters spawn in WW2 tanks, aeroplanes
"Compromised" admin account blamed.

Grapeshot Games, an offshoot of Ark developer Studio Wildcard, has been forced to takes its pirate MMO Atlas offline and rollback its servers after cheaters began spawning giant whales, tanks, and even aeroplanes into the game.

The incident began yesterday evening when a group of players were streaming their armada's attempt to bring down an enemy galleon on Twitch. In the stream, hosted by a dashingly outfitted BurkeBlack, the armada's carefully laid plans are thrown into disarray as giant whales suddenly began spawning in unnaturally large numbers around the enemy's vessel.

As the stream went on, events took an even more bizarre turn, when BurkeBlack's ship was suddenly dive-bombed by an aircraft - not, usually, the sort of vehicle players would expect to encounter (particularly in a high-speed free-fall) during a pirate game.

Meanwhile, other players managed to record footage of armoured tanks being spawned into the world, seemingly by the same band of cheaters.

The incidents were quickly shared across Atlas' official subreddit, and, with the mayhem escalating, Grapeshot announced that it would be temporarily shutting down the game's North American PvP network in order to rollback the world state. When play resumed a little later, servers had been rolled back roughly five and a half hours.

In a statement published in response to the incident, Atlas live producer and lead community manager Jatheish was quick to dismiss reports that the "devastation" was caused by hacks, third-party programmes, or exploits. Instead, Grapeshot insisted that the illicit spawns had been made possible when "an admin's steam account was compromised".

Unsurprisingly, the Atlas community was unimpressed by the Grapeshot's apparent lapse in network security. Many on the game's subreddit were also perturbed at the seeming lack of repercussions for Black Butterfly, the player group that, based on the initial whale incident, appeared to be at the centre of the evening's events.

All in all, it hasn't been the smoothest of sailing for Atlas since its official unveiling late last year. The pirate MMO managed to miss its intended early access launch date three times before Grapeshot Games made the unusual decision to release it to streamers only. When Atlas was finally made available to all, it was immediately subjected to a torrent of negative Steam reviews due to reportedly poor performance and the discovery of a hidden menu implying that Atlas was originally intended as DLC expansion for Ark.

Despite these early wobbles, it appears that many players are still enjoying the game - at the time of writing, it's the 17th most popular title on Steam, with 31,292 concurrent players.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
YARR MAY-TEEEEEEEEEEE
IM A GAMERRRRRRRRR YARRRRRRRRRR

WHO CARE ABOUT IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE COMMUNISM

IM A GAMEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SUBSCRIBER TO ME IM A 40 YR OLD FAT GUY PRETEND 2 B PIRAT YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ci-captain-morgan-original-spiced-rum-d263a0fe5dd6c1b2.jpeg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the actual game, I think I've figured out why there are actually so "many" people playing it.
Many reviews and talks about the game I watched mentioned that it is so broken it's just hilariously funny, moreso with friends. A non-stop laughing orgy.
As a fan of trash movies, I can get behind that reasoning.

On the actual game, I think I've figured out why there are actually so "many" people playing it.
Many reviews and talks about the game I watched mentioned that it is so broken it's just hilariously funny, moreso with friends. A non-stop laughing orgy.
As a fan of trash movies, I can get behind that reasoning.

I have seen only this one You Yube channel say they like the game. Even then, they have a biased experience based around their own cult of personality that no one else will have. The only way to have fun in this game is to play on a private server with a small, exclusive community of people funding your Patreon you know.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...offline-for-a-second-time-in-less-than-a-week

Cheaters force Ark dev's pirate MMO Atlas offline for a second time in less than a week
Illicit spawns blamed on "technical exploit".

Grapeshot Games, an offshoot of Ark developer Studio Wildcard, has been forced to takes its pirate MMO Atlas offline for a second time in less than a week, following yet more shenanigans from cheaters - who this time spawned in drakes and hijacked official in-game server messages.

Late last week, Grapeshot elected to shut down its Atlas servers and instigate a rollback of more than five hours after cheaters, believed to belong to player group Black Butterfly, caused havoc by spawning the likes of tanks, giant whales, and airplanes into the pirate game. The studio later claimed the incident was a result of an admin's Steam account being "compromised", and that it had "taken the appropriate steps to ensure this does not happen again."

Unfortunately, while Atlas' downtime and server rollback initially appeared to resolve cheating issues, it wasn't long before more antics ensued.

As documented in a thread on the official Atlas subreddit, a second wave of illicit activity saw unscrupulous players seemingly using cheats to spawn drakes and giant whales (a few of which were spotted floating forlornly through the air) into the game. Additionally, cheaters managed to seize control of the server's status message, encouraging players to "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" before announcing "Black Butterfly strikes again".

All these events were captured during a livestream by Atlas clan (or Company, in game parlance) StreamerHouse. Grapeshot reportedly responded quickly once notified, taking its official North American PvP network offline as part of "emergency maintenance" in order to investigate the issue and rollback server world states by around three hours.

In an official statement posted to the Atlas website, assistant community manager Dollie blamed the second wave of cheats on a "technical exploit". The studio insisted that, unlike last week's events, "no administrator accounts were compromised in this situation".

It also offered assurances that it has now "protected against" the new technical exploit, and that "multiple accounts have been banned in relation to this". Additionally, the developer attempted to quell speculation as to the identity of those responsible, claiming that "the evidence and our extensive logging indicates that this group does not have any specific ties to any one company, but are instead targeting streamers and large or well-known companies."

"We will continue our investigation and will take action on all involved accounts and companies when we learn of their involvement immediately," Grapeshot concluded.

Beastro

Arcane

Brings back the good old days of Rallos Zek when Peace of Formosa threw the warring raid guilds into a Wold War against them by giving no fucks and fighting everyone at once.

God protect Chinese food from them.

Neerasrc

Learned
- I played 1000 hours.
- This game alone is not played.
- Too many bugs in the game.
- There must be a group of friends of at least 10 people. (Or you'il eat raid.)
- The existing colony system did not hold well. (Previous system imperial system)
- Large clans travel in groups of 50 people. They have established highly developed cities.
- escape if you see a Mystic ship.
- If you see a ship made with legendary material, escape again.
- The island / structures / ships you work for 1 month may come out of your hands in 1 day.
- Lawless islands are good for a start.
- Don't start the game before Wipe. (coming soon)

There are too many details in the game. Each subject is a story in itself. Is the game enjoyable? Definitely because PTW (Pay to win) does not.

Neerasrc

Learned
Is this free to play (pay to win) yet?

Just buy the game once. Play forever.
Warning: Early access to the game.

Eats a lot of time. It's hard to survive. You need to find a clan quickly. Weekends are usually 2x. On weekends you are collecting treasure, animals and resources..etc also you have to skip lvl. You'il try hard to build a ship. Be sure to review the guides -)

Neerasrc

Learned
Significant development:

https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/atlas-news/news/atlas-roadmap-r207/

Let’s get straight to reiterating and clarifying details in regards to the next Mega Update/Xbox launch which is coming very soon. The Xbox launch will include:
  • Crossplay support between PC Steam and Xbox players for ATLAS.
  • Parity between both platforms. Xbox players won't have to wait for updates as they will happen simultaneously with PC
  • We’ll be working on bringing day one Keyboard and Mouse support for the game, otherwise, it’ll arrive shortly thereafter.
The Mega Update includes content and changes currently on the PTR, as well as some additional content we’ve discussed, and this will go live on our Official Network at the time of the Xbox Launch.

We’re incredibly excited to launch crossplay; we designed the ATLAS engine for crossplay across all platforms from the outset and ATLAS will be one of the very few games with full crossplay between Steam and console.

There have been many questions about whether this update will be bringing a wipe. To be frank, this is not something we’ve decided on yet. We’re currently exploring ways in which we can handle this release without wiping and there are quite a few technical considerations which may make this a possibility, but we’ll share more info with you as soon as we’re able to.

This wipe will come. They talked for sure before that, and everyone stopped playing games. (Waste of time) They're not talking about making the same mistake. -)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom