Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG gets massive Dead City content update, standalone expansion coming later this year

Mark Richard

Arcane
Atomboy explain how the expansion works.

By stand alone is it like throne of bhaal/mask of the betrayer instead of something like the white march (taking place after main campaign instead of accessing it during campaign)

i prefer the earlier, because if it is th latter, i will just wait for trugodrad to replay the game for the "final" definite version of the game.
Standalone just means the expansion will operate independently, and owning ATOM RPG is not required in order to play. The Throne of Bhall, Mask of the Betrayer, and White March expansions aren't designed to work without the main game.

You're thinking of the point at which the expansion kicks in, mid-game or post-game. Trudograd (the ATOM expansion) is a post-game expansion to be played after the main campaign.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
It would be nice if we could import our character thou.
They're planning of doing exactly just that.
Atomboy said:
For some reason I can't see the original post with the question you're quoting but I'll reply to it still!
I dunno what a midgame expansion means, Trudograd will most probably be like... another game that's installed on your computer like a game, but you can feed your Atom RPG save to it and it will change stuff in itself according to your choices or just start a new game. Baldur's Gate 2 comes to mind a lot. Including the part where you started on LVL 7 or 8 not LVL 1

Saduj

Arcane
I love that Atomboy is so full of incline that he "dunno what a midgame expansion means". Looking forward to the stand alone expansion.

:d1p:
Will companions be imported too? Mine laid down their lives for the greater good of the collective.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I love that Atomboy is so full of incline that he "dunno what a midgame expansion means". Looking forward to the stand alone expansion.

:d1p:
Will companions be imported too? Mine laid down their lives for the greater good of the collective.
Sorry, it's just that I automatically think about the next thing as an Addon so I was like huh, are there addons that go into the middle of the game? But then I got that the thing was like those Witcher 3 thingies where you go to a wine place and there's a magical man who takes you on a journey if you're level 40. Nah, we're gonna be fully stand alone.
This might be the time for me to try this game out. :salute:
Thanks! :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom