Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ATOM RPG; ATOM Team

ATOM RPG, the Soviet Fallout-like that was Kickstarted last April, was released today after a year in Early Access and many more years in development. I've said before that ATOM seemed like it was a cut above the usual Eastern European shovelware Fallout clone. In recent weeks that's become especially clear as the game neared completion and our users began noticing its extremely culturally literate writing. I've been a bit concerned about the game being rushed to make it out this year, but judging by initial impressions, it doesn't seem to be in a particularly bad shape. It does appear that the devs didn't have time to finalize a launch trailer though, so I'll just post their release announcement:

Hello, dear friends!

At long last, it happened! Finally the moment came, when we can finally say that ATOM RPG is complete! Honestly, it’s hard for us to believe it happened so fast, in just a bit more than a year’s time. The main reason for this amazing growth from a two hour long Kickstarter beta to a game that makes some players lose themselves for 100+ hours, is in you - our awesome players.

It was very hard at times, but we managed, thanks to the advice you gave, the trust you put in us, the constant support you blessed us with. These are not empty words, when we say that ATOM is our game, but it’s also yours.

Now let’s see what we have accomplished together:

ATOM is a Fallout and Wasteland inspired RPG that became something more or less original and independant as it was developed. It’s completely non-linear. It features more than 450+ NPC characters, each with a unique portrait, a branching dialogue and his or her own place in the world’s structure.

ATOM has various endings and various paths to reach them with. The system of perks, skills and traits will let you create any character type you can imagine, be it a brawler or a traveling intellectual.

ATOM now features more than 250 unique quests of all shapes and sizes - from simple to epic, from partially hidden to in-your-face obvious.

It has 90+ different locations, scattered around three global maps. It holds 100+ types of weapons, 30+ types of enemies, and even a car. A lot is possible in this living world, the fate of which largely depends on your gameplay choices.

And the best thing is this: We’re not letting go of this world just yet. After this release, there will be plenty more content to come in the shape of free DLCs and patches!

Thank you for walking this road with us.

And let there always be ATOM!
ATOM is available on Steam now for just $15. It's a nice final treat for 2018. According to today's Kickstarter update, the game will eventually make its way to GOG as well.

Farewell into the night

Hm, I didn't knew it will come so soon. Is the game rushed?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh, jeez! Thanks a lot for the post, Infinitron! We hit the news on the Codex! And yeah, if someone didn't read the last sentence of the post - I'm exchanging emails with GOG. I think the chances are pretty good for 2019.

93% rating on steam atm

Yeah, all those people managed to complete the game instantly and reviewed it already...

Only around 15 of those reviews came after the Release, we hung out in Early Access for a year and two months though. The game was uploaded by monthly portions; E.g. last month's version was basically the Release version only without the final part of the final quest, so the people had more than enough to evaluate the game.

93% rating on steam atm

Yeah, all those people managed to complete the game instantly and reviewed it already...

Russians gonna bot.

:smug:
I honestly wish we had a bot like that :( Or a PR person. We don't, tho!

Pretty fun to watch, they have a good chemistry. Only wish the audio was a bit better.
Built in otebook mic will do that to ya :(

Hm, I didn't knew it will come so soon. Is the game rushed?
Well, yes and no :D Content was created and added slowly and methodically. The last 300 lines of translation were rushed. And now we're rushing out a bug fix.

Irgsarzh

Novice
Z7xZfmp.png

Step aside Kingmaker, best RPG 2018 coming through

oscar

Arcane
Very, very good game. Four hours in and consider it the Fallout successor (better than Underrrail). Writing is solid, stats seem very well balanced, crunchy turn-based combat and the setting is fun (pop culture references are only at about a Fallout 1 level and usually reasonably funny or intellectual. Fallout 2's were more gratuitous). The post-apoc 2005 USSR setting is also fresher than the, frankly pretty tired by this point, Fallout setting. Fantastic work guys.

A mark of a quality game is that I start making good guy choices because people are legitimately bros and the setting has some teeth to it. Sawyers stuff I found myself often going full chaotic evil simply because I found everyone so unbearable, plastic and pretentious. East Europeans seem to be much better game writers perhaps simply because they've had some brushes with hardship, violence, genuine patriotism, mafias etc while nerdy North Americans stuff often lacks teeth and feels very soft and bloated. I don't like to be SJWS made me stub my toe today kinda guy but I do notice that Western writing has gotten atrociously bad. You can't try and present a 'realistic and intellectual' setting to me where half the warriors are females with dyed blue undercuts and no one bats an eyelid. Japs and East Euros are the only ones cranking out anything that doesn't send me to sleep.

this is a surprise GOTY for the tail end of the year. damn.
Hard pressed to choose between this, Kenshi and Pathfinder Kingmaker.

I own all three. Choose this.

Shilandra

Learned
This seems nice and all but unless you can prostitute yourself to earn money to feed your crippling gambling addiction that gets so bad you have to become a master thief just to keep from ending up in the gutter then I just won't be able to get into it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very, very good game. Four hours in and consider it the Fallout successor (better than Underrrail). Writing is solid, stats seem very well balanced, crunchy turn-based combat and the setting is fun (pop culture references are only at about a Fallout 1 level and usually reasonably funny or intellectual. Fallout 2's were more gratuitous). The post-apoc 2005 USSR setting is also fresher than the, frankly pretty tired by this point, Fallout setting. Fantastic work guys.

A mark of a quality game is that I start making good guy choices because people are legitimately bros and the setting has some teeth to it. Sawyers stuff I found myself often going full chaotic evil simply because I found everyone so unbearable, plastic and pretentious. East Europeans seem to be much better game writers perhaps simply because they've had some brushes with hardship, violence, genuine patriotism, mafias etc while nerdy North Americans stuff often lacks teeth and feels very soft and bloated. I don't like to be SJWS made me stub my toe today kinda guy but I do notice that Western writing has gotten atrociously bad. You can't try and present a 'realistic and intellectual' setting to me where half the warriors are females with dyed blue undercuts and no one bats an eyelid. Japs and East Euros are the only ones cranking out anything that doesn't send me to sleep.

this is a surprise GOTY for the tail end of the year. damn.
Hard pressed to choose between this, Kenshi and Pathfinder Kingmaker.

I own all three. Choose this.
I own them all too. :brodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom