Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News ATOM RPG: Trudograd released on Early Access

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, May 11, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: ATOM RPG: Trudograd; ATOM Team

ATOM RPG: Trudograd, the standalone expansion/sequel to ATOM RPG, is out on Early Access today. Apparently the game looks very nice, although most of our users don't seem to be interested in getting too deeply into it before the final release. There's no launch trailer, so I'll just quote the announcement post here:

Dear friends!

Today, after a half year of work, we are glad to present you with Atom RPG: Trudograd, our newest game published for Early Access!

Trudograd is a story in which your adventures in the Central Wastes continue after two years. In it, you will venture into a city that survived the war, to uncover its secrets in a search for a piece of pre-war technology that might just change the world forever.

You will be able to play the game by creating a new character which will be level 15 from the start of the game, to represent that you’re no longer playing as a cadet, but as a major of ATOM. Or, you can transfer a save file made after beating ATOM RPG’s final boss and continue playing as your old ATOM RPG character. The choice is yours!

We are publishing to Early Access to learn all of your wishes, critiques, ideas and general feedback on the early stages of development with a goal to implement the best ones, making Trudograd a community effort created by players for players. It worked amazingly well last time, and we hope to repeat that success.

From the get go, Early Access is going to feature updated graphics, updated roleplaying system (WIP), several large locations, dozens of quests, a hundred unique characters, new mini game, new quest format for some quests and many more interesting additions.

This version of the game will be updated every few months, with the final release sometime later this year.

We really hope you’ll like it! Thank you for your support, and...

Welcome to Trudograd.
    Trudograd is available on Steam or GOG for just $11, so if you feel the same way as our users, we encourage you to just treat it as a preorder.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • +20 Social Credit +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. SenisterDenister Educated

SenisterDenister
    The card game needs some translating but the rest of it seems solid enough so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Iluvcheezcake Savant

Iluvcheezcake
    Bought it on GoG, will check it out a bit, but will wait for a final release :)

^ Top  
  4. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Bought, i probably wont play it until at least 1.0 but good luck

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. The_Sloth_Sleeps Learned

The_Sloth_Sleeps
    Immediately purchased.

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Pineapple Ferguson Novice

Pineapple Ferguson
    Buying this but probably won't play it for a while as I expect it'll get some extra love post release. Really loved the first one and need to play though it again since it was updated a bunch after I beat it.

^ Top  
  7. Luka-boy Arcane

Luka-boy
    Well it definitely looks like an authentic Slav experience :obviously:
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 21
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Played few first quests not going too deep cause its still 0.51 but noticed some nice stuff like writing, the ruined town, cold mechanics and some bad stuff like ridiculously high checks on second map you visit with speechcraft capped around 190 (maybe they are meant to be done much later do know but in this case you should be given chance to do them later my PC had 160 thanks to magic army ushanka and dog tags and still could not do much of those quests which were nothing big, no negotiations with head of states or mafia boses just some chimney sweaper and over proptective mom in rust sector which is in beginning in game) and that my imported char sure got imported onto second game but I could not save game with him. So far its defiantly worth buying for ten kwan shekels and some waiting for final version to play it seriously, well done Atom team.

:hero:

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    It seem that my buying&playing ATOM plan comes to a halt, but I'm more inclined to buy and play TRUDOGRAD.

^ Top  
  10. Iluvcheezcake Savant

Iluvcheezcake
    I like the new talent wheel

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    There is a big lack of high % alchohol for a real Slav experience.

^ Top  
  12. Kasparov ZA/UM Developer

Kasparov
    Looks like a routine morning scrum at ZA/UM. Very authentic indeed!

Show Spoiler
    Going to wait for a full release to check it out. Looking forward to screenshots and analyses from you guys

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    aren't you guys based in the UK now? filthy westerners wannabe traitors!

^ Top  
  14. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Yeah i didn't like the '200 is not high enough' skill rating standard.
    I'll try to explore more tonight.

^ Top  
  15. aratuk Arbiter

aratuk
    Props to the devs for deciding to release on GOG 'In Dev' as well as Steam Early Access.

:yeah:

Enthusiastically purchased. Honestly, they should be charging more. To people who like this type of game, it's AAA quality. Where's the greed, vatnik?

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • +20 Social Credit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. wtrboy Novice

wtrboy
    Done, you have my money comrades.

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. torque Novice

torque
    I feel guilty for having bought it on steam for ~9 €. Maybe I'll buy it on GOG, too.

• retadred retadred x 1
    • Equip the Ring Equip the Ring x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. FritzedProcess Savant

FritzedProcess
    I managed to finish all available quests so far this weekend. The writing and characters were fantastic, as usual. Loved the heist and Kai Ozarkov quests, and meeting a certain someone from the first game.

Since I had a fairly high personality and Speechcraft by the end of ATOM (around 170, somewhere around 200 by the time I finished the quests available in Trudograd), I had no trouble with these skill checks, but I have to admit they are pretty steep, so there's not much of a point to Speechcraft unless you go (mostly) all-in. I have invested in Speechcraft and, to a lesser degree, automatics and technology.

The new talent system is pretty good, I find it to have a more coherent structure, and every single talent does make a difference.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top