Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
UPDATE PASTA TIME

9dd7b75ee436adea9f761864834c68da2def5133.jpg

Good day, friends!

We are continuing our work on a new version, designated 0.9. Here are the major features of this update, that’s gonna hit November 14th:

• New NPC and quests for the Il-62 location;
  • More NPC and quests for the new region the Mountain Pass of Woes;
  • More NPC and quests in old locations such as Krasnoznamenny, Fogelevka, Red Fighter;
  • A whole new bunker dungeon with traps, monsters and puzzles;
  • New random encounters;
  • New crafting recipes;
  • New items, including a night vision scope;
  • Pre-release version of battle mechanics;
  • New AI features;
  • New visual effects;
  • Fixes for many, many bugs;
41257a4d28374ba53fd2f8c40f201659923a7a07.jpg

dfd63f4fa42d07adaab89aafd911f465af21727f.jpg

7ea36d4ea453f34207331d6c1b2e8c8b630b0395.jpg

As you can see, the bulk of the work went into making the locations even more settled, by adding new interactive NPC, quests, and so on. We are also continuing to polish the game mechanics AI and buggy features before the release. For the release date is almost upon us…

ColCol

Arcane
Second biggest dungeon in the game mapped out in CP437 and sent to the 3d modeller man. See? We member the good old games even when creating new age fancy 3d dungeons! Wow!
This one is going to be so good! You got a bunker, but then you got a natural cave that made it's way into the bunker, there will be skeletons and a monster nest and puzzles and everything, mmm, belissimo!
r3sQDdu.png

So beautiful! My interest has peaked!

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cought the bullet and bought it in early acess. Game seems to be more bug free and complete in 0.85 than Kingmaker and besides its setting is much more fun than Paizo SJW nonsense. Visited only first three location though but so far I am impressed.

Some more impressions after playing for around 24 hours:

Tested the game some more and went as far as diplomat can go without support of dog ad 4 well armed and armored companions. The writing is very is very mature on one hand and very corny on other with citations from Conan the Barbarian, Lenin and Clint Estwood also found the NPC from Codex me thinks very hilarious encounter and nice AK-47 and tinfoil helmet if you have luck to meet him. No bugs encountered and game is very stable but also runs fast. The combat is hard and punishing but again did not played as STR, CON and DEX 10 Bonan character I guess it would become much easier once you get good armor and potent weapons. Only thing I did not liked is that Interface is still bare bones minimum with no way to check entire past conversation and minimal option of customization of setting but again its 0.85 Alpha build.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
A big new update. Looks like release is on target for December! Another one to add to the list of incline that 2018 has been bringing us.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/1715204401694911543

0.9 Big Update
NOVEMBER 14 - ATOMTEAM
0f661a0ce9f11d0539e83c99e16d91585298d993.jpg

Good evening, friends!

Finally, it’s time for yet another large update, 0.9!

This time around we made another huge step towards the finish line, which we, hopefully, will soon cross. While the previous update had the most new characters, this one will feature the largest amount of text, quests and new ways to solve old assignments!

After this huge leap, we only have one grand update remaining, after which ATOM RPG will officially leave the Early Access stage. Yes, that’s right! Release version 1.0 is going to be out this December!

Speaking of which… Like we already stated before, after the Release version 1.0 hits Steam in a month from now, old savegame files will lose compatibility and a total wipe will happen. This is, unfortunately, required due to various technical nuances. But believe us, we’ll add enough cool new stuff, so that even the most hardcore of our players will find restarting the game a fun new experience!

But let us return to the update we got in store for you today. In it we continued to fill the world with brand new characters, unique stories, and interesting quests. We added new people to both new and old locations. We continued our work on game mechanics and the AI. We added new sounds and visual effects. And of course, we fixed a whole lot of bugs.

The only bad part (which already became an ATOM tradition) is this: The English translation lagged a bit and is only 90% ready. It means that while you will be able to meet almost every new character and do almost any new quest already today, some others will have that nasty gibberish instead of proper dialogues… This will be fixed in three days or less, we promise. For now, just avoid the new dungeon and you won’t even notice the problem. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, the change log:

Continued main story line;
  • Filled the IL-62 (circus) location with the wackiest people in the game;
  • Added people and quests to Fogelevka, Krasnoznamenny, Red Fighter;
  • Added people to locations in the new region “Mountain Pass of Woes”;
  • New encounters with their own stories to tell;
  • New characters with important quests;
  • Meetings with old friends and enemies;
  • A brand new companion;
  • Around 50 new NPC and 30 quests in total;
  • Timed effects revamped;
  • New items, including a night vision system;
  • New additions to the AI - aimed shots and grenade throws implemented properly;
  • New visual effects;
  • New sounds;
  • Many more goodies you’ll find as you play!

As always, it will take us 2-3 days to fix new bugs and finish the translation patch. After that - we’re moving to creating the 1.0 Release!

Now that the journey is almost over, we cannot thank you, our players, enough for sticking with us for all this time. We’re almost there, because of you!

Let there be ATOM!

883ed75496dce949f32f313e4167059e4ea483ea.jpg

240731f6e5fc13c28d94d328467ec69e0eee7660.jpg

f917d8f22511af18b351b09f5308507153014eb3.jpg

Looking great!

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How is the perk tree coming along? Are the branches making more sense now? And did you change the scaling of items in shops?

I would probably prefer handplaced items at merchants rather than them being random and dependent on your level.

Black Angel

Arcane
Any info on the release date? Game looks amazing.

I'm guessing mid to late December, from what they're saying.

A turn-based, isometric post-nuclear RPG coming out right in time for Christmas? Boys, I say again: welcome to the late ‘90s.
*flashback to Underrail's surprise release in December 2015*

It was a surprise for me because I wasn't keeping tabs on upcoming releases at the time, and I was also a popamoler back then

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Wow, yesterday I fell asleep the second I wrote that update text for Steam. Only the nightmares reminded me I didn't post anywhere else!

So, thank you so much, Jinn! I was really hoping some good soul would repost this stuff here while I gather my strength for the last pre-release update!

I'll just add the usual stuff that we prefer not to mention in short Steam summaries: apart from adding to quests and locations, this one is the obligatory "freaks and weirdos" update. Some asked for clowns, some asked for a better brothel, some fondly remembered that time you could star in a New Reno adult production. Well, we got it all here! Rocky Horror inspired male prostitute General Nasty is ready to take you, a mentally challenged bodybuilder and two lady mutants for a ride of a lifetime, and you even get to keep the tape! Also, thanks to a backer from way too long ago, we now have a functioning circus with several adorable clowns and performers of all kind! Will YOU brave that stage?! Also you meet someone who claims they're from the future. You prepare to write him off as a simple alcoholic. But then you notice he is wearing a silver unitard and a chicken-themed hat?! Can he be for real?! Watch and see!

And now for the replies!!!

Oh, I see you are making some area relief, so now it's not flat artificial thing it was before, very glad to see it as it was sore in the eye. Congrats!

Yup, that we did. Probably gonna de-flatten finished areas too, one day! Glad you like it!

Second biggest dungeon in the game mapped out in CP437 and sent to the 3d modeller man. See? We member the good old games even when creating new age fancy 3d dungeons! Wow!
This one is going to be so good! You got a bunker, but then you got a natural cave that made it's way into the bunker, there will be skeletons and a monster nest and puzzles and everything, mmm, belissimo!

So beautiful! My interest has peaked!

Thanks! :D It's finally ready!

Cought the bullet and bought it in early acess. Game seems to be more bug free and complete in 0.85 than Kingmaker and besides its setting is much more fun than Paizo SJW nonsense. Visited only first three location though but so far I am impressed.

Some more impressions after playing for around 24 hours:

Tested the game some more and went as far as diplomat can go without support of dog ad 4 well armed and armored companions. The writing is very is very mature on one hand and very corny on other with citations from Conan the Barbarian, Lenin and Clint Estwood also found the NPC from Codex me thinks very hilarious encounter and nice AK-47 and tinfoil helmet if you have luck to meet him. No bugs encountered and game is very stable but also runs fast. The combat is hard and punishing but again did not played as STR, CON and DEX 10 Bonan character I guess it would become much easier once you get good armor and potent weapons. Only thing I did not liked is that Interface is still bare bones minimum with no way to check entire past conversation and minimal option of customization of setting but again its 0.85 Alpha build.

Thank you for your trust! Now, in just a month, you will have the full version to play with!
Checking past conversation is actually a pretty good idea that might crawl into a future update - we're going to update the game free of charge for a few months after the release too.
As for combat - it might get a bit hardcore on the start, but as soon as you get weapons and don't go to high leveled enemies you should be fine!

How is the perk tree coming along? Are the branches making more sense now? And did you change the scaling of items in shops?

I would probably prefer handplaced items at merchants rather than them being random and dependent on your level.

Got some changes in the tree and values (though we always tinker with it), and it's the second update with no scaling already! Scaling's dead and done. Items depend on random, the merchant, and are sometimes hand placed (like the Otradnoye merchant mostly selling scrap + a few pricey things) but player's level has no involvement.

Second to third week of December, and probably +2-3 days for full English version after that. Though I'll do my best to provide English the same day Russian version hits.

I'm guessing mid to late December, from what they're saying.

A turn-based, isometric post-nuclear RPG coming out right in time for Christmas? Boys, I say again: welcome to the late ‘90s.

Can't leave X-mas without a game for all the 90's people to play, now can we! :D

I'll buy Atom.

Thanks!!!

----------------------

And I think that's it!

Now!

THREE THINGS SO IMPORTANT I'LL CAPS THEM:

1. RELEASE VERSION COMING OUT THIS DECEMBER. 16th-26th are the imprecise dates of it happening.

2. THIS UPDATE IS CURRENTLY 90% ENGLISH TRANSLATED, I'M LETTING OUT THE OTHER 10% IN 1-3 DAYS. See, until I get the full Russian version, I can't start translating it. And I get the full Russian version 3-4 days before the release. Too little time for me and the team to process 4000-6000 lines of text, hence the eternal lag. I'll post when we're done.

3. WHEN UPDATE COMES OUT, SAVES FROM VERSIONS STARTING WITH 0.* WON'T WORK WITH IT, THE WIPE IS COMING! This is highly unfortunate, but it's the only way around some issues. Still, we added enough new stuff to starting areas that you won't get bored replaying them.

Thank you everyone, always happy to have the opportunity to read and reply in this thread. Though the crunch keeps me away from doing it often, Atom relies on the Codex a whole lot!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
1. RELEASE VERSION COMING OUT THIS DECEMBER. 16th-26th are the imprecise dates of it happening.
Oh boy, this is gonna be amazing.

To the codexers currently playing the beta: How is it coming with regards to bugs? Better wait a couple of weeks after release, or can one safely d1p?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh boy, this is gonna be amazing.

To the codexers currently playing the beta: How is it coming with regards to bugs? Better wait a couple of weeks after release, or can one safely d1p?

Well, I'm technically a codexer who plays the beta... :D Gonna be honest, today alone we found and fixed around 15+ bugs, and there's sure a lot to come. The good thing is that mostly they are: "Merchant does not have the rifle I want him to sell", "NPC's portrait background should be "House" not "Cave", "NPC's name pops above his head before he introduces himself", "This monster should not appear in this region, move it". "Typo in dialogue", etc. Little cosmetic things like that will plague us even after the release, for half a month at least, but most of them will be pretty much unnoticeable (that's why it's so hard to get them).

Bigger bugs became really rare since autumn. Seems like yesterday's version only had one - a door did not want to render, and we fixed it already.

Game-killing bugs - the ones that throw you out of the game, or ask for the game's ctrl+alt+del manual shutdown were not seen for at least three months, doubt they will be back.

The only big problem lies with antique ATI card users - some minimalist configurations cannot be helped. But to fall victim to that you need a 7+ year old laptop or an even older desktop with one of 3 specific ATI cards that hate us for some reason.

you're a good man, Atomboy, I look forward to playing your game.
Thanks a lot! Hope you'll like it!!! :)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Fuck yeah, man. I loved what I played a few updates back. Been savin' myself for marriage full release, stoked AF it's right around the corner!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom