Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Atomboy, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Will you back?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2017.
  1. I will consider it!

39 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. No! I would never!..

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. kingcomrade

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    Yeah, new characters, new locations, and a new questline alone are pretty much worth couple more bucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    This is genius. Add a free horse armor dlc, then make a paid horse dlc.
    Not only will ATOM RPG be a better Fallout successor than anything Bethesda ever made, it will also have better horse armor dlc than anything Bethesda ever made.

• Brofist x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    if they are good enough to make something like Marauder- Man of Prey inspired project or some treasure hunt jobs - I'm gonna give it a try

^ Top  
  4. The Wall Savant

The Wall
    Truly genius plan to troll bad habits in undustry while making good money of it. Who says teaching doesn't pay off, teaching others the way of incline, that is!
    :incline:
    There is small technical obstacle though, first ATOM needs patch with following patch notes:
    • Added horses to the game
    • Added horse armor, buyable from merchants for 4.99 in-game rubles
    • Added horse armor, buyable from Steam for 4.99 American dollars
    Conversion rate is so bad & painful that can only be explained by Dollar and FED being hit by nuke in ATOM world and anyone who opts to buy from Steam merchant is either gifting money to devs or doesn't need it in which case it would be better spent by Russians. Plus Industry receives really good lesson, financed by rich & stupid. Win for Incline worldwide!

You can even name DLC "Gift Horse" and say that all money goes to buying actual steed as mean of fast travelling for devs to their work. Who knows, maybe Horse is also C++ savant

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Monkey Baron Learned

Monkey Baron
    There was an option to use one of my traits as a stat check!

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thought it was really cool, felt like sharing. :shittydog:

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. samuraigaiden Educated

samuraigaiden
    Are there horses in this game?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    One quick question: the game uses armor vs dodge system like in AoD?

^ Top  
  8. Okagron Prophet

Okagron
    Haven't played in over a month because i have been distracted by other games. But it seems a lot of cool stuff is coming up, so i might come back in the next update.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Already replaying now with the intent to speedrun.
    Show Spoiler

Character wise I find the start with Lone Wolf and Lucky One pretty unbeatable.

[​IMG]

It gives you additional 5 points on attribute which you should use to bump DEX and INT to 10 for AP & quicker skill advancement.
    While Lucky One does reduce all skills by 10 except for Speechcraft +15, it's not a big deal. I want to use Speechcraft anyway.

For Clothes kit, this run will go way smoother if you take Chosen One.

[​IMG]

It's a backer-only set. The run is still do-able without it, but it's slightly riskier.

• If you want to meta the fight to keep your AK, you can. But it takes longer and doesn't really improve the run speed that much. And it's kinda risky too. Better to just take the Speechcraft EXP IMO.
    • So put on your stuff, go to Otradnoye.
    • Go left upon arrival, loot stash, grab antidote.
    • Trade Antidote for stims and cash.
    • Do the usual, help the tavern girl, help find the snitch, kill the snitch, kill the rat for gold nugget.
    • Do not forget to fix the generator for easy EXP and cash as well.
    • Upon hitting Level 2 - get lockpicking 40 to get all containers unlocked in Bunker 317.
    • Otradnoye should net you a lot of cash. You should leave the village at Level 3.
    • Also, I rested 12 hours just to let the Doctor replenish his cash. He has the best price in the entire game so clear all your unwanted loot since you need backspace space for the loot at Bunker 317.

• Bunker 317 is a location packed with freebies. Some are VERY valuable. I'll be going for those only.
    • Get in with the help of the 3 Samaritans.
    • Unlock the last 2 lockers for some medical supplies.
    • Walk further in and grab 10 wires off the broken turret
    • Head right, unlock door, grab knife, and read +5 Tech magazine.
    • Head left, access terminal to open the elevator door.
    • Loot the warehouse for canned food (you need to save at least 3 of them) and some dummy grenade and loot.
    • Go below, head left to the room full of lockers. Go after the two lockers that has the following: a dynamite and two antidotes.
    • Head to the cafeteria past the poison shroom and unlock the kitchen door.
    • Talk to the Ant-Man and get the access code then kill him for his armor. The set is worth 1200 rubles and is your starter armor.
    • Head deeper and pickup cult medallion, detector and other valuable chem loot.
    • Stop by the sick bay and loot everything inside.
    • You should level up. Put every point into speech. Stop at 120.
    • Before heading outside stuff your pockets with whatever you can take but don't get encumbered.
    • Outside, use speechcraft to convince the three to leave you alone then trade with one of them for 1x RAD0 and his 120 rubles before leaving for Peregon.

• Peregon is pretty simple. I think you only need 2 tickets for this run.
    • Try to arrive during day. If you arrive at night, rest till 8 AM. You want to talk to two NPCs for free skill points. +5 Pistol and +5 Speech.
    • Volunteer to fix the standoff between the merchant and guards for Fyodor
    • There are a lot of traders with cash in Peregon, trade away everything you do not need.
    • Talk to the Merchant leader first, accept his counter-offer to kill the guard captain AND Fyodor.
    • Head to the guard captain, equip a knife and pass DEX check to knife him up.
    • Loot everything in his room. Equip his hat for +10 Speech and wield his Makarov Pistol.
    • Now consume the +2 END chem you bought from the tanker merchant and kill Fyodor with Endurance checks.
    • Loot him and return to the Merchant leader. He tries to weasel away from paying you full, but 135 Speechcraft makes sure he coughs out 3000 rubles.
    • Now you're ready for Death Tunnel.
    :shredder:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Alright, finished it.
    Show Spoiler

If you have the gas mask, the rat tunnels is the easiest way past Death Tunnels.

If you don't have the mask, you have to take the +AP Drugs and outrun the Morlochs, making a quick grab for the filter on the truck crate.
    Once done, you can just walk back to Peregon and wait for a Caravan to take you to Krasno, skipping Dan's camp completely.

So much to do in Krasno, and they're usually small rewards. So I'm going to skip those small ones and focus on the big one.
    The big one is 1000 ruble reward outside the city walls. Just get STR 7 with vodka. It's easy.
    First thing to do buy a locksmith kit and all the tobacco you can find.
    Smoke two sticks and craft cigarettes with toilet paper + tobacco. You need at least 50.
    The major loot in Krasno is getting enough cigarette to smoke-kill the Chamber of Commerce guard.
    You need access to the bunker due to main plot reason and 3,500 is a steep price to pay.
    Killing him would net you AK74 and Body Armor.
    Proceed with the mushroom cult job and smoke a pig and off I go to Dead City.

Now you know why I need the RAD0 doses. Don't even think of coming here without them. You'll die from rads.
    The encounter rate is pretty high too. Just hope for the best and run straight to the Institute ruins.
    Do what you need to do and score some good loot in there. There should be at least 5000 ruble worth of stuff for you to loot in there.
    Then return to Krasno, report your progress to the Cult and proceed to Caravanserai.

This is the combat heavy section. You should be prepared with decent Automatic weapon skill and good ammo count.
    Take a fast trip to the Old Castle.
    Kill everyone there.
    Return to Caravanserai and tell the guy to take you to the old bunker.
    Be very careful in the bunker and you're clear to take this run to the end.
    Get some alcohol ready to celebrate. (in game and outside game, that is)

Arrive at Krasno. Drink till your luck is maxed.
    Proceed to the Cult for celebration.

:) And I'm done. Resuming wait for 20 March! :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  11. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    I'm playing a high STR technophobe martial artist. Tried the cart near the bunker - couldn't start the mechanism without tech skill. Are there other ways to get inside? And do I need any mandatory skills for main missions?

^ Top  
  12. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    At least two others. Lockpick the door, or approach a small camp to the right of the entrance where a bunch of scavengers will offer to open the door for you. I wouldn't call any skill absolutely mandatory, but if you're going for a melee build it might be wise to load up on grenades and have the throwing skill in reserve.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Thanks guys! That really means a lot. But still, we would not feel honest if we'd put a price on the upcoming DLC. While not small, and definitely not horse armor, its still not big enough for a price. We'll charge some $$$ for the next DLC that will be released this year, but it will give you a whole new world-map-sized dystopian city of Trudograd to play with and will feel like a new game in itself. Anything smaller than that just doesn't seem right to sell to the people that gave us so much support and love when Atom was released. I'm totally sure that in the next decade we will devolve into a money-hungry lootbox selling corporation, but right now we're content with earning less if it means we're making players happy.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • incline incline x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    I don't know, since my AOD lore is pretty rusty, but it's like the more armor you got on, the lesser your dodge is.
    Better inventory management - like sorting stuff, dropping stuff, picking stuff up in a less convoluted manner. More info - like what's in the active slot and stuff like that. We really like how this is going!
    That's really weird! I told the bug crew, gonna do something about it. Thanks for pointing out!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Not too much in the way of balancing it out, but with new items and skill tweaks - yeah. We got a lot of fist weapons in the works, maybe even including that thing the eli bear jew roth used in the end of inglorious basterds. turned out this thing was actually real lol, it's like a glove with 22 LR rounds and a pressure plate that pops them when you hit someone.

• incline incline x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. SniperHF Arcane

SniperHF
    That's basically how it works in AoD but I don't think you could strategize around building a dodge character in ATOM like you can in AoD. I think in ATOM you'd just die playing that way. Where as in AoD it's very viable.

Maybe I'm wrong about how it works in ATOM since I haven't tried it, but you'd have very little DR and would just get murdered. Where as in AoD you can still manage decent armor throughout the game and maintain your high dodge I don't think this is the case in ATOM until you get the perk for it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    You need to add LUCK score to Dodge.
    And revamp some distinctions that are under-performing.
    Cause right now, if you force me to take LEADER, the best way to play the game is NOT to take any followers else you'll gimp yourself.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    :bounce::bounce::bounce:

• incline incline x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Sloul Learned

Sloul
    Free DLC is a wise choice, I don't know why people would say otherwise here.
    That's going to give your team +++++ rep. This rep. will fallow you on your next project and it will be a boon.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    the game needs tougher encounters also,once you figure out the system and have a decent weapon you can steamroll anything.

^ Top  
  21. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Atomboy
    I have 20 dodge, but I don't get if it's high or low. Is it viable for dodger or I better put on some armor?

^ Top  
  22. Sloul Learned

Sloul
    Armor is better.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    20 is a very high dodge level. Here's a dodge of 1:

Even with high dodge of 20 you'll still get hit all the time. Armor is essential. To get the best of both worlds there's a powerful ability called Praetorian which removes the dodge penalties from armor and headwear, but it's right on the end of an ability tree that's building you up to absorb damage rather than avoid it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Every time you spend AP your Dodge drops by 1.

• Informative Informative x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    So one thing lead to the other and now I'm currently unable to play the PS4 for at least a month, which means no KCD for a month. I still have Mount&Blade for my current medieval addiction fix, but I reckon it won't be long until my post-apocalyptic withdrawal to kick in and I'll be back in the genre in full force. So I decided to just start a real playthrough for ATOM instead of trying to fuck around over and over again trying some 'unusual' builds. Some things I want to say:
    • I really love the new tutorial section! Immediately reminded me of how Underrail handled its tutorial, you can go along with it or skip it entirely, very cool. But with that, I came to find some things that I realized I REALLY disliked
    • Camera rotation. I guess this is just Unity problem because, dammit, it felt clunky and slow as hell, which is more or less the way it is in Wasteland 2 when I tried it during free weekend. Meanwhile, I don't remember having much problem with AoD, but I guess it's because that game runs relatively smoother on my laptop. Still annoying there, though, so I'm glad they get rid of it for Colony Ship RPG.
    • Another camera related problem is how the camera always centers back at the character whenever I prompt a command, either to move or to interact with objects/NPCs. Or rather, I dislike how this game implements it. I didn't necessarily dread the feature, since Arcanum has it. But in Arcanum, the camera instantly move to our character, instead of wasting my time slowly panning from where I give the command to where my character's currently at. I guess I have more tolerance for Arcanum because it runs much smoother on my laptop. I know this means I should be getting a new rig to finally play all these cool games that's out in recent times, but still.... is there any way to get rid of the camera centering on our character?
    Maybe I should just wait for those QoL improvements before actually continuing my playthrough.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)