Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
lUR3t4E.jpg

Moshin is in the game finally! :incline:

Its still not much stronger hitting than SKS but uses more costly ammunition. :decline:

iu

Also no scooped version of this cult Russian riffle :argh:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Moshin is in the game finally! :incline:

Its still not much stronger hitting than SKS but uses more costly ammunition. :decline:

iu

Also no scooped version of this cult Russian riffle :argh:

That's great but WHY DOES IT SHOOT 7.62x39 :M

Re-chambered for more easy to find ammo Comrade. ;) If it had a bit bigger damage comparable to Dragunov and scooped version would made Mosin only run sure... as it is SKS is superior. SKS is good riffle no doubt but its not as Cult like being middle brother between Mosin and AK-47, was used in Vietnam though against Kwan imperialist aggressors quite a lot Comrade. :salute:.

As to Katya she is the only one Virtuous woman and wifu candidate in hole game. :incline:

Saduj

Arcane
Finished this last night. Overall, I'd give it high marks. The last couple of fights definitely required that I use up many of those consumables I had been hoarding. I had buffed up my companions too but none of them made it. :salute:

I have a lot of questions that would probably be answered by playing again with another build. But this is the one that is bothering me the most:

How is the smuggler quest line supposed to end? I went to the ambush and then went back to the smugglers and found the note. Eventually, I went to the Wounded Tourist Tunnel and cleared it out. But the blonde dude never came back so there was no resolution. Is it possible to find him when you visit the Dead City? Does he come back after a set amount of time? Given how much time had passed without his returning I'm thinking the latter never happens.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You were meant to die.
But as usual, you didn't.
And therefore that is the resolution.

Beggar

Cipher
Oh for fucks sake, fix your fucking games before releasing it. How long will this shit last that only after a year you can play a game properly the way it should be. Every game is in the making for at least a year even after releasing it to the public. Work at your basement and polish it. Don't polute everyone with your buggy crap

Sòren

Arcane
Oh for fucks sake, fix your fucking games before releasing it. How long will this shit last that only after a year you can play a game properly the way it should be. Every game is in the making for at least a year even after releasing it to the public. Work at your basement and polish it. Don't polute everyone with your buggy crap

don't even know what you dumbass are talking about. i don't remember any significant bugs in this game. but give some examples, please, if you are serious.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

don't even know what you dumbass are talking about. i don't remember any significant bugs in this game. but give some examples, please, if you are serious.

There were some balance issues at launch (I ran into them) but nothing game breaking. They've added new things and improved the UI/QOL which are nice improvements, they also tweaked a few systems based on feedback, but the game was solid from the get go. I don't feel cheated by the experience and will gladly play again when they add even more new stuff.

POE 1.0 was far more broken

Commissar Draco

Patron

Its ATOM RPG not Fallout 76 thread Comrade.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh boy, I'm back with some news and replies!

So, we're really going all the way with this one, might even take most of if not all of May to finish the thing. Tons of shit to do in Dead City content wise - quests, dungeons, rando encounters, chance of becoming the best tattoo master in the Wastes, a new addition to the Pynchon line of quests, a murder mystery, sexual encounters, a profound Buddhism inspired encounter with a creature, we also bought and perfected some mutilated dogs and weird instectoids. It's also gonna be rich with new features. We made a list, and I won't say who inspired it because we worked from memory mostly, but there will be tonns of things recommended by you guys. What I mean by feature is like... Something that didn't leave an empty can after consuming will now do so, the insect and animal stun% will be made better, some improvements in general, etcetera. The amount of bugs is proportional to the amount of work done, so there's gonna be a lot of fixing before we publish it, but it's looking awesome right now.

The Dead City will get a ton more stuff to do in the May DLC. A murder plot, several dungeons, the works. I posted this before, yet I'll say it again. The problem here was we actually needed this whole Dead City map only to host the shroom/AI bunker, it was meant to be tiny. But due to I don't really know what, it became a huge ass map. A huge ass map we never even imagined in our game plan... But now, since it is what it is and it's too late to back down and make it tiny, we're making it full of people. As for red fighter, well, what can I say, it's three times the size of what was planned at first, but we'll add something else with the DLC or after it. It kinda does look pretty barren.

I really think that after all the crippling bugs are fixed, yall start liking DC. If not for the incestual inbreeds then for the giant mole crickets and serial killer.

i'm assuming we are also going to meet a certain legendary stalker, that's supposed to roam abandonded tunnels. funny thing about your game is that almost all things you add are already foreshadowed in npc dialogue. this actually makes the additional content seem more natural, compared to any additions that are just there due to "popular demand". you seem to have a pretty clear idea what you want to do and what your world - apart from the regions we already visited - looks like.

never backed a game before, but if you ever start another campagne i will try to be one of the first backers. you deserve every single buck you get and more.

Haha! Thanks! One day we will give you a chance to back us, since the new stuff we're going for after the Addon in Summer or Autumn, is gonna go on Kickstarter again. Seriously man, thanks! As for the dialogues, it works both ways. Like, we had the main storyline and some quests and locations imagined long before development, but some other things like for example the whole Korallov the Sexual Tourist line was created because I made a rumor about some dude named Korallov sleeping with someone's wife. 50% of my rumors are about things we planned ahead and then made rumors to foreshadow them, but the other half are rumors I randomly made up that became actual things later because we don't like making useless rumors! But that's just me.

I can't read 123 pages of forum threads at the moment but I am looking for something to play that resembles F2. Is this the game?
It sure resembles something! I doubt you'll feel worse after trying it, it's pretty cool!

I can't read 123 pages of forum threads at the moment but I am looking for something to play that resembles F2. Is this the game?
This is the game that feels and looks the most like Fallout 1-2, but improved in many ways, more user friendly too. The character system is basically a 1:1 copy, mostly the same skills and attributes, with the exception of perks which are IMO worse. There's also the addition of crafting (Tinkering skill) which is quite useful in the beginning of the game. The main quest leaves you as free as the quest for the water chip / GECK. The setting is different though, obviously, so that might affect how you like it. The NPCs and writing is pretty good, and it has recently got a polish pass.

By comparison, ATOM is much closer to Fallout than AoD, despite AoD being obviously influenced by it.
Aw! You're too kind!

Talking Morlochs incoming.
Just a few!

Ey guys I have a very important question. Is it possible to

bang Katya?
No :( I know :( It's torture. But she was made before the sex mechanic even got on our todo list. She's ancient, that girl. One of the first five peeps in the game.

Finished this last night. Overall, I'd give it high marks. The last couple of fights definitely required that I use up many of those consumables I had been hoarding. I had buffed up my companions too but none of them made it. :salute:

I have a lot of questions that would probably be answered by playing again with another build. But this is the one that is bothering me the most:

How is the smuggler quest line supposed to end? I went to the ambush and then went back to the smugglers and found the note. Eventually, I went to the Wounded Tourist Tunnel and cleared it out. But the blonde dude never came back so there was no resolution. Is it possible to find him when you visit the Dead City? Does he come back after a set amount of time? Given how much time had passed without his returning I'm thinking the latter never happens.
His line is gonna be finished in the Dead City this May!
Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry for those teammates tho!

Hey! We perfected the original release version in what, like 2-3 months! It's the new content we add for mostly no reason, that's glitching! It shouldn't do that too much, btw. Did you find some killing glitch? There are some minor ones, but I never seen a gamebreaker since like February! Can you report it to support@atomrpg.com?
DLC will be free or paid?
The huge thing we're adding in late May is gonna be free, then we'll go away to work on a large Add-on, basically Atom 1.5. Like Broodwar for Starcraft. That's gonna go for idk, 10? 5 bucks? We'll decide when it's ready!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I completed this a couple of weeks after release without any significant issues.

Also the best optimised Unity game I think I've ever played.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Haha! Thanks! One day we will give you a chance to back us, since the new stuff we're going for after the Addon in Summer or Autumn, is gonna go on Kickstarter again.

A new game, or more content for Atom? I feel this game already has enough content, so I would prefer you start on a new game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i hope it's ATOM 2: Expeditions: Syberia.

Syberia melted down and become temperate, non radioactive haven for bunch of refugee escaping from cities. tons of new settlement popping and you are a survivor from a town that was raided / attacked seeking to rebuild a new life. get invovled in internal faction war etc.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
The American theme was only a minor focus of Fallout's worldbuilding until Bethesda came along.

With ATOM, the Russian Soviet theme is the only thing giving the world any form of identity.
Slight, but important difference.

Besides what's wrong with sticking said thematic identity?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
It's not a compelling enough identity to justify multiple games.

Like I said though, ATOM is good. I like it more than AoD and Underrail, despite having the least original setting among them.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
just because ATOM is grounded doesn't mean it have no identity. you are mistaking identity with fantasy. ATOM is the closest portrayal of our world in post apoc videogame. FAllout 2 especially took the America too far as a parody or satire, while in new vegas, not much america is left on the world (which is fair after 200 years).

ATOM is rooted, you know what the idea of russian apocalypse is like trough the eyes of people who lived trough the dissolvement of their state (iirc atomboy said the peeps in their team are old enough to experience Soviet's collapse in their lifetime) and try to retell its experience trough a post nuclear breakdown in the dawn of 21st century.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom