Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Atomboy, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Will you back?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2017.
  1. I will consider it!

39 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. No! I would never!..

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. kingcomrade

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You or anybody else who owns the game should feel free to dig through its data files and extract them: https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE

Upload a zip with the raw image files, send me a link and I'll do the rest.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. dmonin Arcane Patron Developer

dmonin
    Make the Codex Great Again!

• incline x 15
    • Brofist x 11
    • Excited! x 2
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. GloomFrost Savant

GloomFrost
    Just 1 more day before a big new update!! :yeah:

• incline incline x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Lurker47 Learned

Lurker47
    Most wastelands are Soviet style....

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    ATOM has more references than all Fallouts combined, they're just better written so it's not immediately apparent.

Though some are unmissable if you're an RPG fan.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Besides you need to be well versed in Vata culture to get them Comrade.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Politician Lurker King

Politician
    But it's completely different. I'm too lazy to defend this shit. Here, let me quote Atomboy.

If you can't see how said differences make the game much more serious overall, I don't know what does.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I take it now is as good a time as any to jump in, with the update and all?

• Yes Yes x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    Devs i propose a new difficulty lvl named Red Guard,where resources are scarse enemies kill you if they look at you hard enough and generally cant force your way to victory by bursting like farting after some hefty lunch of beans.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    ATOM devs, any plans to participate in GOG Connect in the near future?

^ Top  
  11. Multi-headed Cow Scholar

Multi-headed Cow
    I picked it up in the recent sale and I'm waiting until the 1.1 patch before firing it up. Don't know if the patch'll even do anything to super early areas and I don't know how far the dead city is into the game, but figure I may as well wait a couple days.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    Dead city is endgame,it was close to empty at earlier versions.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    so dead city will be a full on hub like the first map and mountain pass? will there another huge settlement?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    You mean it should be Aleksandr? Idk, I always write my name with an X so I guess it got translated into the game. The English spelling just always worked for me!
    Tomorrow. Maybe some patches along the way, but after tomorrow we're more or less moving ourselves to Trudograd the city that labor built. Thanks for waiting man. After tomorrow there will only be bug fix patches. The add-on will be a new game with save file transition.

This update will feature some rebalancing, but the complete trait overhaul will be in Trudograd, since you're almost certainly gonna start that one on level 20 or so, we'll be adding more stuff to the tree.

Lol I actually thought the other writer got rid of all those things general Nasty does. Glad they were left in. John Waters would be proud. Divine will have to wait until the sequel though, but eventually atom will do justice to Pink Flamingos ;D

I officially agree to anyone to posting them if anyone who is tech savvy enough to get them out of the game!

Thanks, man. We try to keep most of them on dog whistle level. Some do escape this fate, though. Especially in Russian. BUT NOR FOR THE LACK OF TRYING!

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • decline decline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Thanks for sharing, man! I fell asleep at the table last night so couldn't post shit!

Yeah, the best time. There will be no major additions to the original game after tomorrow. Only a big add-on in the future which will function as an independent game.

There will be big bases for the two major factions of the city. Both will have quests, merch and other stuff.
    Also a family estate that will forever strand atom on the fringe side of indie games along with Hatred and that Columbine RPG.

I explained what it is to the programmers, and I see nothing bad happening if we do it with the add on or maybe the whole game I guess. We didn't have enough time to properly talk about it since February, when I first read about it.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Ha! So iron man not enough for ya huh? :D Well Trudograd will be insanely hard so there's that...

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    I'm really hoping for the whole game via GOG Connect because I bought it on Steam due to the staggered launch for GOG even though I really prefer GOG. Hope it happens. Thanks!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Technomancer Novice

Technomancer
    So what's up with the power armor? Is it a secret feature in this final update or will you sell it as part of the future DLC?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Pretty Prophet

Pretty
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Can you play as General Nasty?

• Funny x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Vityaz Learned

Vityaz
    Been away from this game for a while. Can we finally use shields and backpacks at the same time?

^ Top  
  21. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    Atomboy I assume the content patch will be save game compatible so I can just continue my current game?

^ Top  
  22. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    We'll talk about it, this I promise!

We decided that PA is more suitable for a high tech place that didn't turn into a weirdo village, but survived and kept on developing old world knowledge to some extent (while being a weirdo village in other aspects) so it will most probably appear in Trudograd maybe as a one of a kind prototype and will probably have the ability to be transported into base game, since you will have travel from base game to the Add-on. The update of may 29th will have ankheg armor tho!
    NO! Will you be able to romance someone close to him in Trudograd? Probably not, but maybe yes.

Yes!
    Nope! But shield wielders say they are now better, so I guess it's worth losing extra carry weight for all that protection.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Technomancer Novice

Technomancer
    Makes sense to sell it, I'm certain it was complicated to develop, both in design and model. Will it function as a simple full body suit or will it be more like in F4 - a sort of exosuit vehicle?

What about museum DLC that you mentioned, is planned still or it's part of the Trudograd addon content?

^ Top  
  24. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Trudograd is so big, it will have a place for everything. However, the shashka (slavic sabre sword) will be available tomorrow, I decided not to make people wait for it. Now the shin or kyu guntou will take the "rare sword item" place. It's a sword the Japanese used in world wars and vs Russia so it could technically be a trophy weapon on display and also anime kids will like it and larp samurais and narutoes. We're only playing with player models in PA so it's hard to give details, but it will change the player model, so it won't be just clothes. It will have it's own skeleton and move set. Brotherhood armor from 1 and 2 and PA from STALKER comes to mind. Not a vehicle, not a suit, more of a mix.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Technomancer Novice

Technomancer
    Thanks for sharing. If it's not a metal pajama it will be worth the wait.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)