Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Atomboy, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Will you back?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2017.
  1. I will consider it!

39 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. No! I would never!..

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. kingcomrade

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. ironmask Educated

ironmask
    I have put 50 hours in this game and it is amazing. Despite being a fallout clone, it somehow manages to have a personality of it's own. The game has plenty of jokes and references that are really funny and doesn't make me cringe like fallout 2. Overall it's the best "fallout" game. Still disappointed that there was no snow.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    How did that guy 3 posts above get banned after only one post?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Efe Learned

Efe
    he doxxed infinitron in a deleted thread.
    wow even tagged informative..
    but was fake news :negative:, i betrayed you

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    Is there regional pricing for this game? I'm moving somewhere I think it will be significantly cheaper to buy.

^ Top  
  5. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    Yeah I really didn't enjoy the shopping lottery. It takes much effort to sell off all your junk due to shop keepers not having money. Pretty disappointing to find the shops have nothing good after you've just spent a half hour plus visiting multiple vendors to gather up a decent amount of cash. I get the reasons it was set up that way but no getting around that it increases the amount of time you have to spend doing stuff that isn't fun. Really my only major gripe. And the selling part is mitigated somewhat when you get to the point where you realize that selling off everything to the cashed up armor vendor for quarter value isn't the end of the world.

There were a couple of high end weapons I found in dungeons. There just wasn't much ammo for them. They spent most of their time in the trunk of the car. I felt like I was unlucky with vendor inventories for most of the game and had a problem finding the better weapons for which there is ammo. The stuff you're going to use 95% of the time. I didn't have access to a regular AK-47 until right before the last three locations, for example. There were weapons my opponents had in the last two fights that I hadn't see in game before that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Yep. I have raised this issue before.
    Most of the fixed loot is in the possession of people, unfortunately.
    People that you have to kill to get.
    E.g:
    Scoped SKS - very rare to see this in gun store - you have to either kill Sniper Ludmilla or one of the Stalker guards in Dead City
    AKM - You can find this on one of the Krasno bunker guard. Have fun aggroing the whole town - unless you treat him to a lot of cigarettes.
    Vintorez - Everyone encounters him in the Forest - if you don't kill him, you'll never see him again.

I also failed to encounter that truck caravan selling M16 in this run.
    I propose the solution as thus:
    Have an option to 'pre-order' something from the gun store.
    e.g:
    Pay 1000 rubles to ask for 'assault rifle inventory update' (M16, AKM, etc)
    Wait 24 hours and the gun store will stock up assault rifles range.

At least give the player some way to improve the store inventory.
    Same thing with the body armor store.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Oy vey! That's a lot of messages! I will reply to all of them though, unless I miss some. But first, some news.

First of all, some madmen on reddit made a viral post about us, that was very cool and helpful. I never got reddit, never understood how to use it, and how to get to it's /b/ section, so I sort of ignored it as a PR person. But look at how they proved me wrong. Now I've got 2k of "karma" and a "reddit gold" whatever that means. Also, thanks to that post, we were contacted by two journalists, one of which asked for an interview and another promised to write an article. It was bananas. Really nice people. Also, we'll be giving an interview for our buddies at IndianNoob this month. Also, GOG featured us, which is nice of them.

Last but not least... As you know (because some of you out here asked for this) sometimes we get people asking us to make a Paypal donation thing or a Patreon. Our vkontakte and Steam got especially lots of those "i wanna support you guys" messages after the last release. After a long talk we decided that the best decision, that would make us look less like sellouts, is commonly practiced among game devs, will let us have that precious extra support and grant the wish of those who wanted to support us even after buying the game, is to make a deluxe edition of Atom. This version that is cooking right now, along with the first areas of Trudograd, will have the soundtrack, and a few new weapons, as well as a new player skin that will be available on a tiny new map.

These are the only differences, and apart from a skin, a few new weapons that are neither stronger nor weaker than the vanilla arms, and a map where they will be found, the deluxe edition will be the same as the normal version most of you already bought. We want to make this a point = the deluxe atom will be added to Steam and gog ONLY for those who wanted to support us more even after buying the game. The differences are tiny and unimportant. Those who never had that wish will lose NOTHING by not buying it. So plz no hurt me too much over this decision. I think everyone would agree that this is much more fair than opening a Patreon because this way you're at least getting something for your precious support. The deluxe will be up during the steam sale where both it and the original Atom will have discounts of 20 or 30 per cent (i don't remember which).

SO there! I said it!

Now to the replies!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Don't these guys want 'easy money'?

:lol:

^ Top  
  9. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Hi! Sure. Every update comes with both English and Russian patch notes.
    Last one would be:

Change log for 1.104

- New random encounter on the Metro global map;
    - Three characters that didn't make it in the Update;
    - New full-screen modes in the game;
    - New item "Mining helmet";
    - Fixed the crafting bug (resources weren't spent);
    - Food and meds are now spent when used ''in hands'';
    - Fixed the bug with the infinite grenades that some characters had;
    - Fixed 3d model occlusion;
    - Fixed the inventory bugs;
    - Fixed the Gavrilovs quest;
    - Fixed the Maniac quest;
    - Characters don't fall through the floor in the Dead City after their death;
    - Fixed a caravan bug in the Gas Station Fortress;
    - A LOT of minor bugs are fixed.

Plus

Micro patch for 1.104:
    - Fix problems with dead animation after load save.
    - Hit phrases of teammate if the enemy attacks by an explosion.

Here's a link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1489992713697545525/?ctp=3

While I agree with high dex, and I really hate to give game advice because one day someone will say "that's how devs play so it's canon and other playstyles are bad", I hate crafting and I had nice guns by level 3-4 all the time. Maybe you're missing things?

Thank you very much. Always glad to hear stuff like that. And I believe that thing you said about a rite of passage is very true. P.S. Kuyokhin inspired a lot of stuff in the game, how could he not! ;D

There is a silent option for the Peregon bosses quest, but it isn't in the extortion branch. That list won't get you far even if you bring it to all involved, because the corruption is high.

Only things like lockpick and stealth actually roll. Conversations have a certain hard Speechcraft value that you must have in order to win. There are many 120, 140 I think even 160 checks our numbers guy put in.

What did you mean by actualization? Trudograd will cost a few bucks. It's gonna be stand-alone!
    Thank you! As a writer, I really appreciate it! I love that you like the meat quest ending, one of my fav :D

The shroom is unkillable, you're supposed to talk to it, and your actions will be important later.
    Huh. It's supposed to work in any order. I'll check with the guys.

Man, you're a beast.

Thank you very much! I'm very happy that you felt the thing we wanted to do! The weirdo atmosphere of dread and stuff!

Thank you very much! You didn't miss anything important. Back in the day we decided we can put in all sorts of shit, but not make knowledge of it important in the game. Not getting an obscure reference is okay!

I'll tell our loot guy. Yeah, we actually have a loot guy who decides what appears where and at what %. You're not the first one to not like this placement. We'll look into it and will make it a bit more fun for Trudograd. This actually is a flaw, no running around the bush with this one.

There will be plenty of snow in the addon, we're saving it for Trudograd. Thank you very much!

Sorry I missed it, what happened? Who was banned? For what? Doxing? What?
    Whaaa?

I don't know a whole lot about that, apart from this: It costs the same in Latvia as it does in US, and Steam made Russia and I believe Belorussia and stuff like Kazakhstan cheaper. I think there are two price ranges. Also, a sale is incoming this month.

The idea of ordering stuff reminded me of that idea to make a Soviet JA2 one day :D It's good. I will be sure to copypaste this post to the guys and maybe Trudograd will let the player be more in control of shops.

NO WAY! We won't even advertise the deluxe anywhere apart from a short post on Steam and our social media. It's only meant as a little bit of a gift to those who wish to support us.

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    • Salute Salute x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That's standard codex shenanigans. Some random nutcase got banned for mucking about with private info and keeps trying to get back in with alts.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ironmask Educated

ironmask
    So how big will the DLC be? You said you might even make a kickstarter for it, so I could assume it will be half the size of the base game? Anyways, I can't wait to finally see some snow. Patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter.

^ Top  
  12. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    Either I misspoke somehow in written form or was talking about something else. We won't make a Kickstarter for Trudograd, we're just gonna make it with what we have now! The next Kickstarter will have to wait until the next project which will have "nothing" to do with Atom. It's most probably gonna be power fantasy like those weird ass foreign feature length boob cartoons we were blessed with in the 80's and will crowdfund us 10 dollars, I can't wait!
    Trudograd will be big in size. Almost everything will take place in a giant layered post-apoc city that was turned into basically a single huge ass building using garbage bridges, garbage walls, Lenin statues, etc. The map we'll probably steal from F1-2, with it being a cool picture with hot spots of the city as circles and you as an arrow. You'll have the depths which are forbidden and were actually the city's ground level which was then built over, a layer where most people live, and an upper layer for better people to live, and the upper most level for the best people to live. That concept might change tho, but what will not change is the snow.
    As for the size in the sense of gameplay and how many hours you'll need to play it all, well we have until the end of the year. I can write a lot of adventures in the time we've given ourselves, and my writing buddy can outdo me twofold, so I guess it will be big. Not 15 bucks big like the original game, but still big.

Dang. Best wishes to infinitron, I like him a whole lot!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Question on this achievement:
    [​IMG]

Do you mean I can't kill ANYTHING or only skip humans?
    Can my party kill anything?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    It does, no problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Mikeal Savant

Mikeal
    Big updates like one with Dead City.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Circuit Magister

Circuit
    Wtf, codex spreading fakenews like crazy. I registered that one to contact administration about de-ejection of my old account and posted here while I was waiting for reply from infinitron... :roll:

No one was doxxed today :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    Give me a skin for the female character where she wears sandals or is barefoot and I'll buy the upgrade right away :M

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Efe Learned

Efe
    if ur taking requests I'd like a janissary uniform too

^ Top  
  19. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Make us a He-man RPG and we will shower you in gold :D
    Lots of chainmail bikinis, big boobs and even bigger biceps.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    but Infinitron's real name and a city where he lives are written on his steam profile.

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    How do you dox an AI?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You upload a pic of the power switch

• honk honk! x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    Has somebody any clue about the serial killer quest? I talked to the detective checked the body checked the whole station talked to everyone checked the whole metro and found nada.

^ Top  
  24. Atomboy Atom Team Developer

Atomboy
    To the best of my memory, since I was the one who made logic for this achievement, party kills did not count. You could run around with a party and it could kill everything, as you healed them up. Animal kills... Probably okay too. If you're going pacifist right now, better wait until I check if animal kills are ok. It might take a day.

Great to know!

Sorry guys, it's already a ghillie suit, we made like 80% of it! BUT! One modder asked for our help multiple times as he was adding an anime waifu model as protag. Like, literally an anime, with weird proportions, giant head and eyes... If that's possible, modding in a barefoot janitor should be pretty easy. As long as there's a free low poly model for it!

Well, that's basically the idea. Who knows how much of this idea survives till the end product but I really wanna do Dune meets Arnie's Conan meets Heavy Metal meets Planescape and in game dialogue meets book Conan and a bit of Frank Herbert to the best of my abilities.
    You're supposed to give up after finding nothing, and move on to different things out of frustration. THEN the killer questline will suddenly pop up again with new clues!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    :lol:

Interesting condition there...

'I am a pacifist.'
    'Did you not beat the man to an inch of his life?'
    'Yes, but I did not kill him...I wanted to spare him but Fidel blew his head up.'

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)