Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oy vey! That's a lot of messages! I will reply to all of them though, unless I miss some. But first, some news.

First of all, some madmen on reddit made a viral post about us, that was very cool and helpful. I never got reddit, never understood how to use it, and how to get to it's /b/ section, so I sort of ignored it as a PR person. But look at how they proved me wrong. Now I've got 2k of "karma" and a "reddit gold" whatever that means. Also, thanks to that post, we were contacted by two journalists, one of which asked for an interview and another promised to write an article. It was bananas. Really nice people. Also, we'll be giving an interview for our buddies at IndianNoob this month. Also, GOG featured us, which is nice of them.

Last but not least... As you know (because some of you out here asked for this) sometimes we get people asking us to make a Paypal donation thing or a Patreon. Our vkontakte and Steam got especially lots of those "i wanna support you guys" messages after the last release. After a long talk we decided that the best decision, that would make us look less like sellouts, is commonly practiced among game devs, will let us have that precious extra support and grant the wish of those who wanted to support us even after buying the game, is to make a deluxe edition of Atom. This version that is cooking right now, along with the first areas of Trudograd, will have the soundtrack, and a few new weapons, as well as a new player skin that will be available on a tiny new map.

These are the only differences, and apart from a skin, a few new weapons that are neither stronger nor weaker than the vanilla arms, and a map where they will be found, the deluxe edition will be the same as the normal version most of you already bought. We want to make this a point = the deluxe atom will be added to Steam and gog ONLY for those who wanted to support us more even after buying the game. The differences are tiny and unimportant. Those who never had that wish will lose NOTHING by not buying it. So plz no hurt me too much over this decision. I think everyone would agree that this is much more fair than opening a Patreon because this way you're at least getting something for your precious support. The deluxe will be up during the steam sale where both it and the original Atom will have discounts of 20 or 30 per cent (i don't remember which).

SO there! I said it!

Now to the replies!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Are there English patch notes for this game? What did they do to all the balance since release?
Hi! Sure. Every update comes with both English and Russian patch notes.
Last one would be:

Change log for 1.104

- New random encounter on the Metro global map;
- Three characters that didn't make it in the Update;
- New full-screen modes in the game;
- New item "Mining helmet";
- Fixed the crafting bug (resources weren't spent);
- Food and meds are now spent when used ''in hands'';
- Fixed the bug with the infinite grenades that some characters had;
- Fixed 3d model occlusion;
- Fixed the inventory bugs;
- Fixed the Gavrilovs quest;
- Fixed the Maniac quest;
- Characters don't fall through the floor in the Dead City after their death;
- Fixed a caravan bug in the Gas Station Fortress;
- A LOT of minor bugs are fixed.

Plus

Micro patch for 1.104:
- Fix problems with dead animation after load save.
- Hit phrases of teammate if the enemy attacks by an explosion.

Here's a link:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/1489992713697545525/?ctp=3

Enjoying the game so far but early game combat is really rough without cheesing the crafting system. Now I know why almost every guide out there recommend 10 dex. You're plinking enemies with weak shit early.

I'm level 8 and still stuck with quality knuckles because I can't find the recipe for a custom revolver. Custom rifle sucks with just 1 shot. And I can't use guns that don't use zip-gun ammo either because other types are nowhere to be found.

I think I'm just gonna give in and pretend I got the recipes by experimenting.
While I agree with high dex, and I really hate to give game advice because one day someone will say "that's how devs play so it's canon and other playstyles are bad", I hate crafting and I had nice guns by level 3-4 all the time. Maybe you're missing things?

Finished the game and my first thought was "shit, I wish there were more" which is a pretty good sign for any game I'd say.

Wasn't a big fan of writing initially but it grew on me as I was familiarizing myself with the world, it's a little janky but so is the setting. I like the playful tone behind it as well, one of the main "factions" is a reference to Kuryokhin (unless it's not and I'm just imagining things) who used to capture the essence of those chaotic times quite well. Guess for us, CIS folks that were born in the last 30-40 years, making (or at the very least playng/reading/watching) anything post-apocalyptic is like a weird rite of passage / therapy session of sorts, so it connected almost instantly and I couldn't care less about some technical shortcomings (it's a budget title, I get it). To be fair it works pretty well, with short loading times and no real bugs to speak of.

Anyhow, eagerly awaiting what's next, hope the guys will secure a big enough budget to go all out on their next project.

:love:
Thank you very much. Always glad to hear stuff like that. And I believe that thing you said about a rite of passage is very true. P.S. Kuyokhin inspired a lot of stuff in the game, how could he not! ;D

Atomboy quick question about a quest (sort of) in Peregon.

So i got the quest from the postman to investigate the meat vendors in Peregon, which then lead me to disgusting pedo dungeon beneath the containers. After dealing with the slavers i found a list of names, important people that were involved with these sick activities, so i proceeded to confront Nikolai Siplovsky. Thing is, confront him only allow for 2 options, extorting money from him or outright killing him which aggroed the entire town.

Is it possible to deal with him silently? Is there an alternate solution?

Thanks!

There is a silent option for the Peregon bosses quest, but it isn't in the extortion branch. That list won't get you far even if you bring it to all involved, because the corruption is high.

Are there any checks for lockpicking/technology/etc. that require the skill to be over 100?

Shorty after writing this post I stumbled upon several instances where 100 speechcraft was not enough. When I came back later with slightly higher skill (and a fedora) I cleared said checks. There's no way to see the actual roll, right?

Only things like lockpick and stealth actually roll. Conversations have a certain hard Speechcraft value that you must have in order to win. There are many 120, 140 I think even 160 checks our numbers guy put in.

Two questions.

1. Are there any new big actualizations upcoming?
2. Trudogard DLC will be free or payable?
What did you mean by actualization? Trudograd will cost a few bucks. It's gonna be stand-alone!
Wasn't a big fan of writing initially but it grew on me as I was familiarizing myself with the world, it's a little janky but so is the setting.

the writing in this game has more highpoints than all fallouts (just talking 1, 2, NV) combined. and much more than any other western rpg.

character of Dan ("if you don't find a purpose for yourself, others will find one for you" this line on itself is so magnificent. no truer words have ever been spoken inside a game)
the tale of three brothers (farm quest)
kovalev's demise
BBQ quest ending, last conversation
Kostya the yob quest, outpost captain's reaction
A-team quest
"hiding from the sky" random encounter (conversation with gypsi after that)
safe journey farm Alyonka
Character of Alexander
character of Hexogen
Alexander's recruitment conversation

and there are so many other smaller things that are just so much better.

Thank you! As a writer, I really appreciate it! I love that you like the meat quest ending, one of my fav :D

So I went to the bunker in the mountains and I
managed to shoot my way through to the talking shroom (yes a lot of drugging up was involved in fighting that squad, but I think the shroom would have talked either way) now I cant damage the damn thing and dont get any quest stuff. Did I miss or break something and should I have gone to the shroom cult in kraz first?

The shroom is unkillable, you're supposed to talk to it, and your actions will be important later.
never tried, but don't think so. and judging by your experience, it's not working. things happening there are pretty much bound to a organisation in kraz. you couldn't even talk to the squad right?

I talked to them just fine.
you meet them and they are suprised to see you, you can lie to them that you are a shroom member so they send you to the shroom which then talks about bringing him to kraz. If you dont he tries to mindrape you which fails after you concentrate very hard, afterwards fighting ensues. If you dont lie to them fighting starts immediately. the only thing you cant do is harm the shroom afterwards, it just sits there and everyone is dead, except you. You also get a code for the shroom cult bnker from leopolds corpse or whatever his name was. I wanted to investigate the cult next the quest is still active

edit:

Since the game never seemed railroaded and you get info from the locals about people going into the bunker I did not think it would be a problem to go there first after them. I have a save before I murdered my way through there so I will go back and see if it works or if I broke it.
Huh. It's supposed to work in any order. I'll check with the guys.

Oh, man they buffed the Dead City ghouls. Just ended my survival run there.
50 HP with DT7 body armor wasn't enough.

Alright, second try was successful but the Dead City's MASSIVE GREEN FOG nearly killed me.

xd22d9E.jpg

RADX isn't enough. You have to have Rads removal since the fog reduces Rad Resistance.
Final stats:

huKnd9i.jpg
Man, you're a beast.

So, I've been playing for the last week, and the game is amazing. From the first dialog with a barkeeper I expected it to be a themepark filled with modern day russian memes (which it is), but the game has so much more! Even though it's filled with chuckle-inducing and very obvious popculture references, it still manages to create a mystical and dark atmospere (opposed to original fallouts pulpy sci-fi one). Strange and unexplainable encounters and creepy gossips on the edge between reality and grimdark slav folklore, that make you think if it's real or just superstition, are very well done.
Thank you very much! I'm very happy that you felt the thing we wanted to do! The weirdo atmosphere of dread and stuff!

And I finished it. No long-winded review is necessary. This is the closest we've come to the original Fallouts since 1999. My only regret is that as a lowly Western spy I only got half the references.

We can only hope the developers stick around for the entertainment needs of the proletariat. Godspeed comrades!

Thank you very much! You didn't miss anything important. Back in the day we decided we can put in all sorts of shit, but not make knowledge of it important in the game. Not getting an obscure reference is okay!

The loot placement in this game is total shit. Or rather nonexistent. Got inside an untouched but extremely irradiated military facility gated behind a ridiculously high skill check, guarded by not-deathclaws, thought to myself, there must be some OP shit here like the Bozar but no, it's just another lame easter egg at the end. Quest rewards aren't any better, I can count on 1 hand the quests that gave out items instead of money, and all of them are junk. Then there's the randomization + scaling of shops that just piles on frustration and feels like it was designed with savescumming in mind. I can never understand putting multiple RL luck-based mechanics in a single-player game, they're a pointless, unenjoyable waste of time.
I'll tell our loot guy. Yeah, we actually have a loot guy who decides what appears where and at what %. You're not the first one to not like this placement. We'll look into it and will make it a bit more fun for Trudograd. This actually is a flaw, no running around the bush with this one.

I have put 50 hours in this game and it is amazing. Despite being a fallout clone, it somehow manages to have a personality of it's own. The game has plenty of jokes and references that are really funny and doesn't make me cringe like fallout 2. Overall it's the best "fallout" game. Still disappointed that there was no snow.
There will be plenty of snow in the addon, we're saving it for Trudograd. Thank you very much!

How did that guy 3 posts above get banned after only one post?
Sorry I missed it, what happened? Who was banned? For what? Doxing? What?
he doxxed infinitron in a deleted thread.
wow even tagged informative..
but was fake news :negative:, i betrayed you
Whaaa?

Is there regional pricing for this game? I'm moving somewhere I think it will be significantly cheaper to buy.
I don't know a whole lot about that, apart from this: It costs the same in Latvia as it does in US, and Steam made Russia and I believe Belorussia and stuff like Kazakhstan cheaper. I think there are two price ranges. Also, a sale is incoming this month.

Yep. I have raised this issue before.
Most of the fixed loot is in the possession of people, unfortunately.
People that you have to kill to get.
E.g:
Scoped SKS - very rare to see this in gun store - you have to either kill Sniper Ludmilla or one of the Stalker guards in Dead City
AKM - You can find this on one of the Krasno bunker guard. Have fun aggroing the whole town - unless you treat him to a lot of cigarettes.
Vintorez - Everyone encounters him in the Forest - if you don't kill him, you'll never see him again.

I also failed to encounter that truck caravan selling M16 in this run.
I propose the solution as thus:
Have an option to 'pre-order' something from the gun store.
e.g:
Pay 1000 rubles to ask for 'assault rifle inventory update' (M16, AKM, etc)
Wait 24 hours and the gun store will stock up assault rifles range.

At least give the player some way to improve the store inventory.
Same thing with the body armor store.
The idea of ordering stuff reminded me of that idea to make a Soviet JA2 one day :D It's good. I will be sure to copypaste this post to the guys and maybe Trudograd will let the player be more in control of shops.

Don't these guys want 'easy money'?

:lol:

NO WAY! We won't even advertise the deluxe anywhere apart from a short post on Steam and our social media. It's only meant as a little bit of a gift to those who wish to support us.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Whaaa
That's standard codex shenanigans. Some random nutcase got banned for mucking about with private info and keeps trying to get back in with alts.

ironmask

Arbiter
So how big will the DLC be? You said you might even make a kickstarter for it, so I could assume it will be half the size of the base game? Anyways, I can't wait to finally see some snow. Patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So how big will the DLC be? You said you might even make a kickstarter for it, so I could assume it will be half the size of the base game? Anyways, I can't wait to finally see some snow. Patrolling the mojave makes me wish for a nuclear winter.
Either I misspoke somehow in written form or was talking about something else. We won't make a Kickstarter for Trudograd, we're just gonna make it with what we have now! The next Kickstarter will have to wait until the next project which will have "nothing" to do with Atom. It's most probably gonna be power fantasy like those weird ass foreign feature length boob cartoons we were blessed with in the 80's and will crowdfund us 10 dollars, I can't wait!
Trudograd will be big in size. Almost everything will take place in a giant layered post-apoc city that was turned into basically a single huge ass building using garbage bridges, garbage walls, Lenin statues, etc. The map we'll probably steal from F1-2, with it being a cool picture with hot spots of the city as circles and you as an arrow. You'll have the depths which are forbidden and were actually the city's ground level which was then built over, a layer where most people live, and an upper layer for better people to live, and the upper most level for the best people to live. That concept might change tho, but what will not change is the snow.
As for the size in the sense of gameplay and how many hours you'll need to play it all, well we have until the end of the year. I can write a lot of adventures in the time we've given ourselves, and my writing buddy can outdo me twofold, so I guess it will be big. Not 15 bucks big like the original game, but still big.

Whaaa
That's standard codex shenanigans. Some random nutcase got banned for mucking about with private info and keeps trying to get back in with alts.
Dang. Best wishes to infinitron, I like him a whole lot!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Question on this achievement:
fIHGrfh.png

Do you mean I can't kill ANYTHING or only skip humans?
Can my party kill anything?

Citizen

Whaaa

Wtf, codex spreading fakenews like crazy. I registered that one to contact administration about de-ejection of my old account and posted here while I was waiting for reply from infinitron... :roll:

No one was doxxed today :lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This version that is cooking right now, along with the first areas of Trudograd, will have the soundtrack, and a few new weapons, as well as a new player skin that will be available on a tiny new map.

Give me a skin for the female character where she wears sandals or is barefoot and I'll buy the upgrade right away :M

ArchAngel

Arcane
Either I misspoke somehow in written form or was talking about something else. We won't make a Kickstarter for Trudograd, we're just gonna make it with what we have now! The next Kickstarter will have to wait until the next project which will have "nothing" to do with Atom. It's most probably gonna be power fantasy like those weird ass foreign feature length boob cartoons we were blessed with in the 80's and will crowdfund us 10 dollars, I can't wait!
-snip-
Make us a He-man RPG and we will shower you in gold :D
Lots of chainmail bikinis, big boobs and even bigger biceps.

Cromwell

Arcane
Has somebody any clue about the serial killer quest? I talked to the detective checked the body checked the whole station talked to everyone checked the whole metro and found nada.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Question on this achievement:
fIHGrfh.png

Do you mean I can't kill ANYTHING or only skip humans?
Can my party kill anything?
To the best of my memory, since I was the one who made logic for this achievement, party kills did not count. You could run around with a party and it could kill everything, as you healed them up. Animal kills... Probably okay too. If you're going pacifist right now, better wait until I check if animal kills are ok. It might take a day.

Whaaa

Wtf, codex spreading fakenews like crazy. I registered that one to contact administration about de-ejection of my old account and posted here while I was waiting for reply from infinitron... :roll:

No one was doxxed today :lol:
Great to know!

This version that is cooking right now, along with the first areas of Trudograd, will have the soundtrack, and a few new weapons, as well as a new player skin that will be available on a tiny new map.

Give me a skin for the female character where she wears sandals or is barefoot and I'll buy the upgrade right away :M
if ur taking requests I'd like a janissary uniform too
Sorry guys, it's already a ghillie suit, we made like 80% of it! BUT! One modder asked for our help multiple times as he was adding an anime waifu model as protag. Like, literally an anime, with weird proportions, giant head and eyes... If that's possible, modding in a barefoot janitor should be pretty easy. As long as there's a free low poly model for it!

-snip-
Make us a He-man RPG and we will shower you in gold :D
Lots of chainmail bikinis, big boobs and even bigger biceps.
Well, that's basically the idea. Who knows how much of this idea survives till the end product but I really wanna do Dune meets Arnie's Conan meets Heavy Metal meets Planescape and in game dialogue meets book Conan and a bit of Frank Herbert to the best of my abilities.
Has somebody any clue about the serial killer quest? I talked to the detective checked the body checked the whole station talked to everyone checked the whole metro and found nada.
You're supposed to give up after finding nothing, and move on to different things out of frustration. THEN the killer questline will suddenly pop up again with new clues!

RK47

Patron

Interesting condition there...

'I am a pacifist.'
'Did you not beat the man to an inch of his life?'
'Yes, but I did not kill him...I wanted to spare him but Fidel blew his head up.'

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Interesting condition there...

'I am a pacifist.'
'Did you not beat the man to an inch of his life?'
'Yes, but I did not kill him...I wanted to spare him but Fidel blew his head up.'
I woke up the head tester. The guy says you can kill animals all you like, just not humanoids, you also can't start battles (the dialogue line marked with [attack]) and you can't kill or mutilate through dialogue (do not use the [Dexterity] [Swiftly poke out the man's eyes] option and the like). Party can kill. Hurting humanoids without killing them is probably okay but maybe not - none of us remembers correctly.

RK47

Patron
Yes, I understand that I can't take the most profitable route anymore in Peregon.
Should be an interesting playthrough.
Will try it tonight.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, here's a list of all the references to other games I noticed:

A reference to Arcanum, where you can ask the dwarves if the reason you never see dwarven women is because they're bearded and ugly:
Screenshot_2019-06-02_20.38.30.png

Obvious Witcher reference:
Screenshot_2019-05-30_23.12.52.png

Screenshot_2019-05-30_15.47.10.png

There are more people who talk about this Rivlin of Silesia guy, but I didn't screenshot all of them.

Planescape Torment reference:
Screenshot_2019-05-30_22.41.03.png

There was also a guy in Otradnoye whose dialogue was a reference to Elminster of Baldur's Gate but I didn't take any screenshots of that conversation for some reason.

Also spotted two movie/show references.
Total Recall:

Screenshot_2019-06-01_23.37.23.png

Korgoth of Barbaria:

Screenshot_2019-05-30_21.54.40.png

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Also, here's a list of all the references to other games I noticed:

A reference to Arcanum, where you can ask the dwarves if the reason you never see dwarven women is because they're bearded and ugly:
Screenshot_2019-06-02_20.38.30.png

Obvious Witcher reference:
Screenshot_2019-05-30_23.12.52.png

Screenshot_2019-05-30_15.47.10.png

There are more people who talk about this Rivlin of Silesia guy, but I didn't screenshot all of them.

Planescape Torment reference:
Screenshot_2019-05-30_22.41.03.png

There was also a guy in Otradnoye whose dialogue was a reference to Elminster of Baldur's Gate but I didn't take any screenshots of that conversation for some reason.

Also spotted two movie/show references.
Total Recall:

Screenshot_2019-06-01_23.37.23.png

Korgoth of Barbaria:

Screenshot_2019-05-30_21.54.40.png
Ha! When I was writing it, I thought I was making a LOTR reference, but come to think of it, it really is Arcanum...
The three-boob hooker is actually a character on the other subway station and will give you a very special STD!
Rivlin has a whole character ark, with him being a famous hunter, not getting paid for a job, joining mercenaries out of desperation, failing and becoming a mutagen alcoholic, only mutagens are actually vodka.
Man, I love it when these things are spotted :DD
edit: We were actually letting you call yourself Agdam in earlier dialogues, and if you did that enough, a guy would come at you with a bottle of Agdam port wine, but we forgot about it and then it was too late, so this rumor actually was meant to lead to something in the game!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom