Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Eh, some thoughts on the less popular starting distinctions you can pick at start of the game:
Cannibal -2 Personality +15 Survival Get meat off human kills
OK if you consider Personality as your dump stat. 15 skill points is worth one level up with INT 5.

Child prodigy +1 Intellect +1 Personality +1 Attention -50% Experience points
Too big of a penalty. Needing 50% more EXP to level up means a huge drop to the rate of you gaining new abilities and skill points leading to a challenging and boring playthrough. The former to me is fine, but the latter is not.

Ascetic Slows down hunger rate +10 Survival -1 Strength -7 Carry weight
Too big of a penalty. -15 carry weight is savage compared to the minor benefits.

Circus Education +1 Dexterity +15 Sneak +10 Lockpicking +10 Pickpocket -20 Carry weight -7 Sequence
This is probably the worst penalty I've seen. Sequence is very important in combat. And the carry weight is very crippling. I don't think 2 levels worth of skills can make up for that. If the devs lessen the sequence penalty I'm fine with this trait.

Cursed Sniper +2 Attention +7% Aimed Shot Chance -2 Luck -7 Sequence -10% Normal Shot Chance
Sequence penalty is very crippling. However if you take distinctions that boosts Sequence (Lone Wolf/Shooting Gallery Fan) you can make this work.

Leader For every follower: +7 Speech +5 First Aid +5 Barter -1 Attention -1 Dexterity Followers gain +1 Dexterity +1 Endurance
You're a better leader if you avoid this distinction. Why? The loss of sequence from having to deal with -3 Dex & -3 Attention makes you incapable of issuing orders prior to their turn.

RK47

Patron
Dog lives... but so does its owner.

3enHU61.jpg

Literally

5GYRrwS.png

:lol:

flushfire

Augur
Glutton is too good to pass up on any character, I guess it's the Gifted of ATOM. Technophobe is another, since Technology is severely underused and Tinkering at 50 (including bonuses) is sufficient to make everything with a little savescumming. So crafting should be changed so that you won't be able to craft things below your skill level.

Lucky One is a bit of a trap, it gives 4 stats but 3 of those are stuck in Luck. Could be good on a RP Luck build I guess.

With Glutton + Technophobe + 5 bonus stats it's easy to max 3 stats while leaving the others (except luck) at a decent level. Picking other distinctions feel like intentional gimping. Luck should really be buffed, it's even worse than in Fallout. Make each point increase every skill like in New Vegas.

Parabalus

Arcane
Starting a new run, but I'm having trouble beating the first fight (bandits who rob you). Did they change anything there with the 1.1 patch?

Was easily beatable before.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Glutton is too good to pass up on any character, I guess it's the Gifted of ATOM. Technophobe is another, since Technology is severely underused and Tinkering at 50 (including bonuses) is sufficient to make everything with a little savescumming. So crafting should be changed so that you won't be able to craft things below your skill level.

Lucky One is a bit of a trap, it gives 4 stats but 3 of those are stuck in Luck. Could be good on a RP Luck build I guess.

With Glutton + Technophobe + 5 bonus stats it's easy to max 3 stats while leaving the others (except luck) at a decent level. Picking other distinctions feel like intentional gimping. Luck should really be buffed, it's even worse than in Fallout. Make each point increase every skill like in New Vegas.

Agreed with the Luck giving +1 to all skills.

Anabolics fan is underrated as well. The Dodge, Rads and Toxin Resistance penalty is so minor compared to the amazing carry capacity (+20!) you can practically drop the STR bonus and reinvest it into INT and still end up with a net bonus in carrying capacity.

Anabolics + Glutton is pretty much my go-to for a power gaming start.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Starting a new run, but I'm having trouble beating the first fight (bandits who rob you). Did they change anything there with the 1.1 patch?

You are supposed to loose this fight Comrade, its nice though that you can beat the fight and get this sweet AK and bandit gear, hate the game witch strip your loot and gear via some cut-scene bull shit.

Parabalus

Arcane

You are supposed to loose this fight Comrade, its nice though that you can beat the fight and get this sweet AK and bandit gear, hate the game witch strip your loot and gear via some cut-scene bull shit.

I know, but on the last patch I played I could win (1.04 I think?). After this new update I'm not having any luck, even with a combat char.

RK47

Patron
I think they shut it down cause newcomers are confused with the introductory combat being unfair

I can't confirm. It's too RNG and I didn't like doing it.

Were it up to me I'd just have the guy shoot you and left you for dead. And you wake up at Dr Mikoyan's like FNV

Parabalus

Arcane
I think they shut it down cause newcomers are confused with the introductory combat being unfair

I can't confirm. It's too RNG and I didn't like doing it.

Were it up to me I'd just have the guy shoot you and left you for dead. And you wake up at Dr Mikoyan's like FNV

I tried it a few times, but even with 10 STR /10 END the 4th (last you'd have to take before you run away and gun them down, I think they all got +AP from before) hit always knocks me down.

Sòren

Arcane
btw knewing that i can't win that battle, i once tried to trick the game and deposit all the nice stuff inside one of the boxes near the abandoned house.

when you wake up you will still find your mun and the knife, but your AK will be replaced by a wooden rifle. :lol:

Citizen

Woah, I didn't even know you could fight them, both characters I played were knocked out on the first hit, so I thought it was scripted that way :lol:

ironmask

Arbiter
The soundtrack for atom was forgettable; no where near as good as Mark Morgan's soundtrack for fallout 1, 2, and tactics. I'm not saying it's bad, it has a few songs I like, but overall it was bland.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The soundtrack for atom was forgettable; no where near as good as Mark Morgan's soundtrack for fallout 1, 2, and tactics. I'm not saying it's bad, it has a few songs I like, but overall it was bland.
The best part were the few Russian songs on the radio and in the main menu.

RK47

Patron
Well. Can confirm that I did not get Pacifist achievement despite finishing the game and killing only animals.
Not sure what the hell went wrong.

ironmask

Arbiter
The best part were the few Russian songs on the radio and in the main menu.
I wanna know what the russian songs in bunker 317 are called. Hopefully they will get a better composer for Atom 2. Maybe hire nobody's nail machine?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom