Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Citizen

Summarizes my wastelands exploration experience:
l6Szdo9x9VA.jpg

ironmask

Arbiter
Atom RPG got me interested in Russian music, after listening to these songs in the bunker. Now I have been listening to a lot of KINO.

flushfire

Augur
What happens to Alexander in the endings if you recruit him? I've always killed the guy when he appears on Red Fighter.

flushfire

Augur
Eh, what a safe ending. Thought there'd be a sinister ending for him since a NPC mentions him stopping a caravan saying they forgot their eggs or some shit.

ironmask

Arbiter
No, I said the songs in bunker 317 got me interested in 80's russian music, so I started looking for Russian music online. KINO was just one of many Russian bands I fund that I liked. So no, KINO is not in the game.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Well. Can confirm that I did not get Pacifist achievement despite finishing the game and killing only animals.
Not sure what the hell went wrong.
I'm really sorry, man. My dialogue with the QA Lead I had before telling you it was okay to hurt animals was exactly this:
- Can a guy on the codex kill animals and still get Pacifist?
- Yes.
- You sure?
- Yes.
- Are you double sure? Do you promise?
- Yes! Everyone knows you can kill animals! Why are you even asking! Everyone gets Pacifist by killing animals.

Looked in the code the other day, yup. Animals are haram. You can kill NOTHING. :'\
Seems like even the best of us, like said QA Lead dude can make terrible, irreparable mistakes.
I'm really sorry for this. We will even change the description of Pacifist to point out how you can kill nothing.
Edit: Also, we can fix your save so you'd get Pacifist. support@atomrpg.com if you want, just mention this post. In my eyes you really are a pacifist, dude.

NOW TO THE OTHER REPLIES!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
The three-boob hooker is actually a character on the other subway station and will give you a very special STD!

She refused to sex me because she doesn't do lesbian :argh:
That's it. This game isn't inclusive enough for me...
It is! We have two prostitutes who won't do a girl, but we have a few chicks that will! Same for the gays. Reee!
The guy says you can kill animals all you like, just not humanoids, you also can't start battles (the dialogue line marked with [attack]) .

Is this included?

QjnTIpc.jpg

I honestly have no other choice in the dialogue.
Oh shit. I think it ruins Pacifist too. I'll send to the guys.
What's wrong with the Old Scrapyard fight against mutants? When the fight starts it's just my main character and my squad is on the other side of the map.
But you can give the squads strategic input to put them where you like and stuff! I read into your convo with Commissar and I think therre's something messed up in the quest. We'll check it.

Atom Portraits are ready to be used by every good Comrade here.

13227.jpg

Grabbed my favorite its ideal for Commissar, Do Svidania Comrade Colonel Sergei Surkov. :salute:
The portraits are gorgeous, but the person who send the files need to check them individualy again. Several portraits are duplicated when you need to choose in the Codex.
Hell yeah! Í'm very glad that the portraits are finally on the Codex! The duplication thingy is because several people have different backgrounds. Like, Hexogen has desert, city, metro and all sorts of shit on the back. Same for other followers and some characters that change location during quests.

Atomboy, is there only one The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion ampoule you can buy? The traider said he had barrels of the respec water on him, but refuses to talk after the first purchace :(
Yup. Only one.

Holy fuck, it seems like Leonid Yakubovich just scammed me for 17000 rubles :lol:
I just wanted a lada in eggplant colour :negative:
Or did he...

Yes, he did.

We need one short review for ATOM RPG (about 1000 characters) for the Codex Top 100:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codexs-best-rpgs-2019-review-thread.127606/

It's the last among just five titles that still need reviews.

Well, at least we're in good company down that list. I love Space Rangers 2 HD!

Eh, some thoughts on the less popular starting distinctions you can pick at start of the game:
Cannibal -2 Personality +15 Survival Get meat off human kills
OK if you consider Personality as your dump stat. 15 skill points is worth one level up with INT 5.

Child prodigy +1 Intellect +1 Personality +1 Attention -50% Experience points
Too big of a penalty. Needing 50% more EXP to level up means a huge drop to the rate of you gaining new abilities and skill points leading to a challenging and boring playthrough. The former to me is fine, but the latter is not.

Ascetic Slows down hunger rate +10 Survival -1 Strength -7 Carry weight
Too big of a penalty. -15 carry weight is savage compared to the minor benefits.

Circus Education +1 Dexterity +15 Sneak +10 Lockpicking +10 Pickpocket -20 Carry weight -7 Sequence
This is probably the worst penalty I've seen. Sequence is very important in combat. And the carry weight is very crippling. I don't think 2 levels worth of skills can make up for that. If the devs lessen the sequence penalty I'm fine with this trait.

Cursed Sniper +2 Attention +7% Aimed Shot Chance -2 Luck -7 Sequence -10% Normal Shot Chance
Sequence penalty is very crippling. However if you take distinctions that boosts Sequence (Lone Wolf/Shooting Gallery Fan) you can make this work.

Leader For every follower: +7 Speech +5 First Aid +5 Barter -1 Attention -1 Dexterity Followers gain +1 Dexterity +1 Endurance
You're a better leader if you avoid this distinction. Why? The loss of sequence from having to deal with -3 Dex & -3 Attention makes you incapable of issuing orders prior to their turn.
Thanks man. I copypaste everything you say to the guys. It's really nice, maybe we'll do something about it.

Glutton is too good to pass up on any character, I guess it's the Gifted of ATOM. Technophobe is another, since Technology is severely underused and Tinkering at 50 (including bonuses) is sufficient to make everything with a little savescumming. So crafting should be changed so that you won't be able to craft things below your skill level.

Lucky One is a bit of a trap, it gives 4 stats but 3 of those are stuck in Luck. Could be good on a RP Luck build I guess.

With Glutton + Technophobe + 5 bonus stats it's easy to max 3 stats while leaving the others (except luck) at a decent level. Picking other distinctions feel like intentional gimping. Luck should really be buffed, it's even worse than in Fallout. Make each point increase every skill like in New Vegas.
Thanks! I reeeealy hope we'll improve perks in Trudograd or at least in A2.
Starting a new run, but I'm having trouble beating the first fight (bandits who rob you). Did they change anything there with the 1.1 patch?

Was easily beatable before.
Lol you DIDN"T have trouble before???
The story is this: we intended to make it unbeatable ever since we made it. Yet, players were finding new ways of beating it by micromanaging everything. We were happy with that and didn't interfere. If it doesn't work now, I guess some change in general mechanics caused it, I don't think any of the programmers decided to make this fight harder, but he might have done it by changing something.

btw knewing that i can't win that battle, i once tried to trick the game and deposit all the nice stuff inside one of the boxes near the abandoned house.

when you wake up you will still find your mun and the knife, but your AK will be replaced by a wooden rifle. :lol:

Seriously? I'll have to check that. I never told nobody to switch the AK if you managed to somehow hide it away. That's bizarre.

The soundtrack for atom was forgettable; no where near as good as Mark Morgan's soundtrack for fallout 1, 2, and tactics. I'm not saying it's bad, it has a few songs I like, but overall it was bland.
The only soundtrack I listen to without playing the game is for Planescape. Well, and I loved the VTMB one when I was edgy. We do have a few good tracks, but a soundtrack is something you just need (because a game without one would seem pretty weird) and ours for the most parts fills just that gap. It exists. We'll have a lot of better, remastered tracks in that Deluxe bundle we're making for some reason, though!

What happens to Alexander in the endings if you recruit him? I've always killed the guy when he appears on Red Fighter.
Now why would you do that? :((((((( He's awesome!

Atom RPG got me interested in Russian music, after listening to these songs in the bunker. Now I have been listening to a lot of KINO.
Wait, they have Kino in this game?!

Only in rumors. And it's not called Kino. :D

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Also, guys, I wanna make a separate post for all of you, regarding two things. First one is we're going on sale in a day or so, with a Deluxe Edition.
I already said it but I'll repeat: The deluxe has nothing but a remastered soundtrack, HD wallpapers and game-wise a spare char skin, a knife, and a field where you find the box with said skin and knife. It is only meant for those, who wanted to support us, asked for paypal\patreon. This deluxe is our reply to that. It will in no way improve your game apart from what I mentioned above, you don't need it for a full Atom experience. We're very thankful for the support, but those who already supported us once by buying the game and won't want to do it anymore won't lose anything. It's a donation, not a way to buy a somehow improved or better game like it was with say DS2SOTFS.

The second thing is I wanna channel into the awesome power you have for game planning.

As you know, Atom: Trudograd will have save transfer modeled after the one in BG1.
But unlike BG1 you don't have a level cap, which means you can finish Atom on level 12, or you can finish it on level 31.
Thus we get this problem: if we make Trudograd's difficulty aimed at LVL 20+, a dude who finished Atom on level 10 will have a bad time.
If we make Trudograd difficulty cater to LVL 10+, the completionists who finished Atom on LVL 30+ will have a bad time.

- Hey, Atomboy, just make level scaling, you big dummy!
- No, Todd, we don't do level scaling.
- Haha! Good luck with that, loser!

I truly believe it doesn't have to be level scaling. We actually have a plan how to make the game fun for both small levels and large levels without level scaling. It's codenamed "Multiclass". A rough description of it would be: the first part (early locations) of Trudograd will be made for people of level 18+ (the average level at which the game is finished according to stats we have from players and testers) slowly growing to be hard for 30+ people. However, if you start the game at say LVL 21+ you'll get a "multiclass" option available. It will make you level 1 again, but will let you keep all the perks, skills, stats and whatever you had. So now you will be able to pursue a different perk tree branch, and be entertained.
This idea works well in our heads, but if the 21+ lvl player won't choose multiclass, the game will be a cake walk for him.

Do you guys have any funky ideas? Or criticisms of that multiclass idea?

Thaaanks

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
giphy.gif

Sounds like an interesting idea, but won't all those perks and the new ones make you an unstoppable Russian sewer-trudging beast anyway?

Maybe the game could be balanced for 18+ but go relatively easy on the early stages and semi-discreetly give low level characters more experience so you'll catch up quickly. (edit: and less xp for high level characters)

The multiclass idea is more interesting from a player's point of view as a reward for investing time in the first title though.

Last edited:

Mikeal

Arcane
Few things:
1. Is it me or Technology skill is pretty useless?
2. Can I get additional dialog with satanist dude in Dan's factory when I'm possesed?
3. Why Fidel is such useless beta cuck?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy at which level new characters created for Trudograd will start?
Will they be level 18 too?
See, that's a question that keeps me up and nights! Prolly 18... Logic tells me this. But my own inner player says it sucks to just get handed bonuses, so I want level 1. But that's impossible without scaling...
Maybe the game could be balanced for 18+ but go relatively easy on the early stages and semi-discreetly give low level characters more experience so you'll catch up quickly. The multiclass idea is more interesting from a player's point of view as a reward for investing time in the first title though.
But the bad side of this is that there are people who are either blind to sidequests or just don't want them, and end the game on like level 8 :( But yeah, ideally it'd be easy start around lvl 18.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Few things:
1. Is it me or Technology skill is pretty useless?
2. Can I get additional dialog with satanist dude in Dan's factory when I'm possesed?
3. Why Fidel is such useless beta cuck?
1. Most of the times, however some places require it, and we'll have more of those in Trudograd, since there will be more tech in it.
2. Yeah, one more dialogue branch that gives EXP and moneys.
3. What do you mean? Like, his character? Well, he is a bit of a pushover and is chaotic good. Or his skills? Cuz Fidel can be pretty baddass after getting a level or two!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
See, that's a question that keeps me up and nights! Prolly 18... Logic tells me this. But my own inner player says it sucks to just get handed bonuses, so I want level 1
If intro for that adventure makes it clear that it is for experienced player character, then level 1 start won't be necessary.
There are some settings where starting from level 1 doesn't fit at all; Tyranny for example.

In other words, an alternative is having the game take a look at your transferred character and give him some free level ups if he's not tall enough to ride. Players who don't notice or care about sidequests will probably be thankful that they can play the new content right away.

norolim

Arcane
As you know, Atom: Trudograd will have save transfer modeled after the one in BG1.
But unlike BG1 you don't have a level cap, which means you can finish Atom on level 12, or you can finish it on level 31.
Thus we get this problem: if we make Trudograd's difficulty aimed at LVL 20+, a dude who finished Atom on level 10 will have a bad time.
If we make Trudograd difficulty cater to LVL 10+, the completionists who finished Atom on LVL 30+ will have a bad time.
Here is a fresh idea:

The PC was hit by a rock in the head and is amnesiac. He/she has to learn everything again. Starts at level 1.

It's brilliant and I'm pretty confident nobody used it before. I swear.

Last edited:

Mikeal

Arcane
1. Most of the times, however some places require it, and we'll have more of those in Trudograd, since there will be more tech in it.
2. Yeah, one more dialogue branch that gives EXP and moneys.
3. What do you mean? Like, his character? Well, he is a bit of a pushover and is chaotic good. Or his skills? Cuz Fidel can be pretty baddass after getting a level or two!

I know second part pretty well. Once I gave Fidel heavy machine gun and he turned my whole team into swiss cheese. :D I'm complaiming more about his character especially behavior in Krasno and his inability to shot Mycelium even when it clearly obvious they're crazy and evil.

Citizen

Make difficulty siuted for a certain level of character (25 for example), and lvlup imported characters of lesser level to it. It was done that way in MoTB, IIRC

Ninjerk

Arcane
Maybe you could have an additional starting location?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom