Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is 25% off on Steam.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is it possible that your character start the game intoxicated by something? And thus would have lowered stats, and would need to find a cure to fix its stats? Thus making it weaker, while retaining its levels/xp/skills etc.?
Are cybernetic implants out of the question? It would allow for a parallel layer of progression, making your stats/levels etc. just half of your character prowess.
We'll leave cybernetics to our GOG overlords - the CDPR :D Soviet tech didn't evolve to that level yet. The disease thing is interesting, I'll put that into the list too, but I dunno how most of our players, especially the brutal munchkin types would react.

Some really good looking wallpaper art in that dlc.

'Locator', and 'Meeting the reality' is my fav. Tell the art guy he did a good job.
Oh man, we tell that to him every time he does anything for us! :D Love that dude. Thanks!

Deluxe Edition coming for GOG version?
Sure. It would've been there, but see, when you log in, go to your dev settings, and attempt to add a DLC, you get a GOD DAMN ERROR BLANK SCREEN which gives you the option to enter a long email back and forth with the dudes that work in tech support. They are pretty awesome guys, I mean the one dude I've been constantly pestering for help does everything with lightning speed and helped us out numerous times. But the system isn't too... friendly. Like, adding stuff is a nightmare. We actually have a GOG build ready, but I suspect the dude went home for the weekend.
And it doesn't end there. If the summer solstice celebration is a government holiday in Poland like it is in Latvia, the dude won't be back to help us upload the DLC until the 25th. I'll wish for a swift GOG upload as I jump through the fire in my oak leaf wreath, but you know how it is with the old gods, they don't do nothing no more. So I give it 3 to 6 days.

Game is 25% off on Steam.
It sure is! And don't quote me on that, but I think it'll stay the same (or turn into 20%) during summer sale.

PsychoFox

Educated
Sure. It would've been there, but see, when you log in, go to your dev settings, and attempt to add a DLC, you get a GOD DAMN ERROR BLANK SCREEN which gives you the option to enter a long email back and forth with the dudes that work in tech support. They are pretty awesome guys, I mean the one dude I've been constantly pestering for help does everything with lightning speed and helped us out numerous times. But the system isn't too... friendly. Like, adding stuff is a nightmare. We actually have a GOG build ready, but I suspect the dude went home for the weekend.
And it doesn't end there. If the summer solstice celebration is a government holiday in Poland like it is in Latvia, the dude won't be back to help us upload the DLC until the 25th. I'll wish for a swift GOG upload as I jump through the fire in my oak leaf wreath, but you know how it is with the old gods, they don't do nothing no more. So I give it 3 to 6 days.

Waaghh! That's horrible :(

Guess i'll just have to wait before i can throw you money.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pj0eawL.jpg

Just purchased the Supporter edition, loved the Igograd added severs content here purging the mutant scum with Commissar's Lenin Guard comrades, hope to play new content in Dead city soon, thanks for all the (hard) work making the game which really made me hope there is future and hope in the CRPG genre Comrades. :salute:

P.S. Thanks to modding community Comradess Slave has now boots (and can shoot her gun) :incline:

:russiastronk:

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I wasn't kidding, by the way. I just got the game today.

There was a very short-lived save game bug (you couldn't save the game at all, by any means) while I was playing through the tutorial today that was fortunately patched around the same time I opened my browser to start troubleshooting.

Anyway, I've rolled a diplopuncher and should get around to finishing the whole tutorial by the end of the evening.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm. Maybe it's just my imagination but having a low LUCK seem to increase enemy crit chance?
Just got killed by a critical crowbar to the head that dealt 46 damage. Head literally exploded.
Of course those accidents stopped the moment I killed a scavenger carrying a cast iron shield.

flushfire

Augur
Hm. Maybe it's just my imagination but having a low LUCK seem to increase enemy crit chance?
May just be by chance. I've played a 10 luck character around halfway thru the game and a 2 luck one til the final 2 bunkers. Didn't notice any difference with regards to possible luck related effects.

Black Angel

Arcane
It will in no way improve your game apart from what I mentioned above, you don't need it for a full Atom experience. We're very thankful for the support, but those who already supported us once by buying the game and won't want to do it anymore won't lose anything. It's a donation, not a way to buy a somehow improved or better game like it was with say DS2SOTFS.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm. Can confirm that killing scavengers random encounters do not trigger bounty hunt on your head.
I think the clue is the absence of radio in their inventory.

They're pretty tough to kill in early game but once you got your party going, it's free cash.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I wasn't kidding, by the way. I just got the game today.

There was a very short-lived save game bug (you couldn't save the game at all, by any means) while I was playing through the tutorial today that was fortunately patched around the same time I opened my browser to start troubleshooting.

Anyway, I've rolled a diplopuncher and should get around to finishing the whole tutorial by the end of the evening.
Yeah, that was terrible! Real sorry. It broke as we made the build :\ Now it's okay though! Took prolly an hour after release to patch it. Thank you very much for supporting us!

Just got killed by a critical crowbar to the head that dealt 46 damage. Head literally exploded.
Of course those accidents stopped the moment I killed a scavenger carrying a cast iron shield.
It's not supposed to do that. We'll double check, but this was never intended!

PsychoFox

Educated
With a dex of 9, should put all my chips into dodge or should i consider wearing armor? What do you think?

ironmask

Arbiter
Hey Atomboy, is there anywhere we can listen to some samples of the remastered soundtrack online? In your opinion, how much better is it compared to the original?

Saduj

Arcane
Hmm okay. What do the doge numbers mean anyways. For example what does 18 dodge mean?

Higher is better but I don't know how exactly it factors into the to-hit formula. Another thing is, you want your Dex to be an even number. Your # of action points goes up 1 for every 2 points you put into Dex. So at 9 Dex, you're going to have 9 action points (which is fine) but you'd also have 9 action points with 8 Dex. At 10 Dex you'd have 10 action points. I believe Endurance is similar where your HP per level goes up 1 for every 2 points in Endurance, so you always want to have an even number there. Original Fallouts were the same.

You should have at least one opportunity in game to raise the attribute of your choice. I would get that Dex up to 10 for the extra AP.

flushfire

Augur
On the topic of odd DEX:
There's a guy in Dead City that will give you a +1 Dex distinction if you win his competition, so raising it to 10 from 9 using any of the other free points isn't optimal. 9 AP is good enough for most of the game.

Saduj

Arcane
On the topic of odd DEX:

I didn't know about that but I'd still consider using the early game opportunity to take care of it since the area you mentioned is something that he'd normally visit pretty late in the game.

Then again, "late game" is now relative with an expansion in the works...

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey Atomboy, is there anywhere we can listen to some samples of the remastered soundtrack online? In your opinion, how much better is it compared to the original?
I'll ask the music guy to maybe like make an example or something for Youtube, if he can spare the time, but I'll tell ya straight, I'm not the guy to ask. I lack musical skills, the only thing I play is the jew harp, and a droning ambient with a 128 bitrate is the same to me as the 512 bitrate. If bitrate even is a thing anymore... Last time I learned stuff about music was 2005. The music guy and those who love Atom's music say it's plenty clearer than the in-game one, but I can't argue one way or the other, I just know that OST files are generally more fat size wise, which probably means more qualiity to those who can spot it. Maybe some codexers who got the thing can tell us?

Edit: Oh, yeah, and there's one genuinely better song, because it has like additional sounds put into it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom