Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Murk

Arcane
Actually to me, it's almost always go for the melee line to get the extra 5AP per round. Even if you're going guns, extra 5 AP a round man

I agree it needs an overhaul but... ya know, it's unlikely to be released as separate from the expansion.

Sykar

Arcane
Actually to me, it's almost always go for the melee line to get the extra 5AP per round. Even if you're going guns, extra 5 AP a round man

I agree it needs an overhaul but... ya know, it's unlikely to be released as separate from the expansion.

So you essentially waste 4 feats to get 5 AP late game. Well to each their own.

Murk

Arcane

So you essentially waste 4 feats to get 5 AP late game. Well to each their own.

"Waste" is the wrong way to put it. An extra 5AP a turn is often a bigger return than a flat +10 to a skill or anything of that sort -- it means you also get an extra aimed shot with the sniper rifle, not to mention it allows for infinite kiting for stronger enemies; and the last two runs I did were melee anyway so the path worked out amazingly.

The pistol route is nice too for the lower AP cost per shot, but depending on which weapon you use, an extra 5 AP may result in the same number of actions but with the added flexibility of being able to use them on anything else.

Like you said tho, each their own.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy Hit me with some text, man!
While we sorted out that machine translation crisis, I'll keep you on my list for the future! Right now we finally got a Polish translator who is kinda good. Thank you!
What happened to the old power armor? It was looking really good

E2kQb8A.png

Thing is, that old model we showcased was too good for us. Literally. It was too high poly for the game. And the low poly version was all smudged. So we started making our own with the use of a generic one. I for one hope we'll have the gas mask in the finished version.

The new one looks more like rugged soviet design imo.
Yeah, that was my main problem with the original model we showed (apart from it being too high poly). I loved most of it, but it was too robotic. I always push the guys to make an exoskeleton stick figure suit with a gas mask sort of like in Stalker, though who knows what they'll actually design!
What happened to the old power armor? It was looking really good
Yeah, liked the old one a lot more. Looked elite. Any chance we get variation like in fallout or the design is set already?

it needs evolving first.
I've been holding this nitpicky suggestion for a very long time but can you guys change the price of custom air pistol to be a bit higher? It does not make sense for it to be so low cost. You apply your technical knowledge to construct a somewhat complex tool and it's actually more profitable to just sell the trash components needed to make it. I believe the long-expired extinguisher unit that you use in assembly is costing the same as the complete weapon!
Yo! That last model had too many polygons, more than a single map allows. But the new one will maybe look kinda close to that, just not that robotic. We're aiming for a stalker-esque exo suit with stick arms and legs.
As for pistols - we'll hopefully revise most weapons for Trudograd, but in Atom it'd be too big of a change now, when it's already released for a year.
If we're doing it at all (because every attempt sucks right now) then it's only gonna be in Trudograd.

Sort of a more general point, but unless it's a glaringly obvious fault I think it's at the point now where the base game should basically stay what it is right now and let it be.
Camera modes and stuff is one thing, but something like cover which could fundamentally alter how the game plays means it's the right decision not to chuck into the existing game.
I'd even hesitate to add much more in the way of items or balance changes.

If I wanted to replay Age of Decadence right now I couldn't replay the version I played before without scouring around for a crusty old version download because they added in a whole bunch of changes from Dungeon Rats. Some for good, but some not.
I like that I can grab Fallout 1 & 2, the official patches, and play the game it was originally more or less.
Exactly. While I do see some things I would love to change in the core of Atom, we won't do it. Only in Trudograd, which is gonna be a completely standalone experience. Atom is too far gone to suddenly get a new system and new balance, perks and whatnot. Sad but true! Giving it a camera mode is the biggest thing planned for Atom, at least atm.
Now if only the perk tree would get an overhaul. Any news about that Atomboy ?
It will be quite different in Trudograd, and if everyone likes it, we'll make a mod (if possible) that will give Atom the same tree. But it's much too late to officially change the tree in original Atom right now :(

If Atomteam wants to release their game in china then they are going to have to work with a lot of censorship laws. This game does so many things that violates china's laws that it would probably be banned.
We had a different process to this. Our players translated it into Chinese (and even added some and I quote "Disgusting memes" into it whatever that means) so we made a Steam page in Chinese, so if you wanna play Atom in Chinese, you have Steam, and you don't care that this game wasn't officially checked by Party officials for banned materials, you can buy it. You have to survive these checks you mentioned if you wanna sell physical copies, or sell electronically via Chinese Steam-alikes. But we're selling it on Steam like always, just with a Chinese language option. We actually don't have any market strategy or whatever, we can't even check if it was actually translated. We were just approached by a guy who asked for the game text, and a few months later he was like hey dudes I translated your game, feel free to use however you like. So we did.

trudograd in 2019?
Nope, not even Early Access. It went out of control and isn't a tiny little addon anymore. It's almost a full blown sequel now, so we need time.
trudograd in 2019?

no, it would be more realistic to expect trudograd's release sometime in 2020
I agree!
havent played since release,have the automatics been adjusted as to not be able to burst with 99% accuracy across the screen?
Now if only the perk tree would get an overhaul. Any news about that Atomboy ?

I wouldn't expect that so soon, or at all in the base game tbh considering it was overhauled (quite massively) already.

My guess is maybe in Trudograd and then perhaps it can be 1-to-1 copied backward if it wouldn't break anything.
Huh, its already been changed? How? Last i played is around february
Hey! The last time the game was changed balance-wise was around early summer 2019, with minor tweaks here and there after. Dead City update changed some things, but though it's not the best, the system for the game won't change at all from now on. We made a new perk tree for Trudograd tho. Much more options. 2 times more to be exact. And we'll most probably do a complete rewrite of the system from the ground up in further installments.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
whoa, it's cool to have a one-on-one with ATOM's lead. ATOM's great - it scratches my itch for a new fallout-like game but set in the remains of the soviet union perfectly

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So anyway, I'm finally back. Had a lot of stuff to do for Trudograd, so forgot about Internet usage at all. We'll make a "What's new in Trudograd" post in near future!
I'm making a katana for a mid-game quest reward. Unless my game balance making colleague butchers it, it's gonna cut through most armors, and make a gǔzhēng musical cue each time it crits. I'lll call it the honorable moonlit night sky teacher Or am i? But seriously tho some good things are in the making right now. It's gonna be glorious.
Tho, just like I replied to one of you above, Trudograd became more than a small addon. It's growing every day! So it's gonna eat up a lot of time and maybe our souls too. And all of our money. But still worth the hassle.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
So anyway, I'm finally back. Had a lot of stuff to do for Trudograd, so forgot about Internet usage at all. We'll make a "What's new in Trudograd" post in near future!
I'm making a katana for a mid-game quest reward. Unless my game balance making colleague butchers it, it's gonna cut through most armors, and make a gǔzhēng musical cue each time it crits. I'lll call it the honorable moonlit night sky teacher Or am i? But seriously tho some good things are in the making right now. It's gonna be glorious.
Tho, just like I replied to one of you above, Trudograd became more than a small addon. It's growing every day! So it's gonna eat up a lot of time and maybe our souls too. And all of our money. But still worth the hassle.

udachi s trudograd! ya s neterpeniyem zhdu etogo.

Vrab

Learned
So is Trudograd going to be an ATOM 2?

I'm looking forward to see what you guys can do with the experience of the first game under your belts.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
whoa, it's cool to have a one-on-one with ATOM's lead. ATOM's great - it scratches my itch for a new fallout-like game but set in the remains of the soviet union perfectly
Well, more like 1/12th of a lead. I'm just a mouthpiece for the collective. Thanks dude! Trudograd is still on the horizon, but we're probably gonna EA it when 30 to 50 percent is complete.

So is Trudograd going to be an ATOM 2?

I'm looking forward to see what you guys can do with the experience of the first game under your belts.
Still don't think so. Atom 2 will have to have much more content. Trudograd is growing not as much in gameplay length, as it does in quality. When we made Atom making a map took 1-3 weeks, but now it takes 4-6, because the main mapper makes the rough geometry, the other makes it more detailed, and then they make every trash pile look unique, and we're also giving more animations to everyone, and more nuance. We made a few maps and started making new ones, but then we sort of understood that we can't make more of the same, because it's lazy, so we started perfecting what we had. So it will still be shorter than the original and thus not deserving a number like 2. But it will be good.

Murk

Arcane
I'll gladly wait longer for a quality game and I'm happy to see you guys are improving as you work, too.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
I'll gladly wait longer for a quality game and I'm happy to see you guys are improving as you work, too.

ATOM's production quality already feels very high, but i'm glad they're trying to step it up in trudograd. ATOM's world felt very lived in and believable

ironmask

Arbiter
Can't wait to see some gameplay! I have been more excited for Atom Trudograd than any other game this year.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
frozen state might scratch your itch for a game that has a similar aesthetic until trudograd is out. it's a survival crpg with a art style that's basically best described as 'john carpenter's the thing, but set in a dieselpunk USSR'

it's one of my favorite low-budget games of all time, but it may not click with you - or it might

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
frozen state might scratch your itch for a game that has a similar aesthetic until trudograd is out. it's a survival crpg with a art style that's basically best described as 'john carpenter's the thing, but set in a dieselpunk USSR'

it's one of my favorite low-budget games of all time, but it may not click with you - or it might
I have it, but I keep forgetting to get back to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom