Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Wait isn't that the Mavs center Boban Marjanovic?
He's actually better at acting than playing b-ball.
Methinks it's time for a career change.
He should play soccer instead.

filpan

Scholar
^His last game before quarantine says otherwise. He can be good if used appropriately on court.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So, here's a little bit of fun trivia! There will be some NPCs, several books, several items, and a few quests in ATOM RPG: Trudograd, that were made by a person slowly dying of crippling coronavirus! Allegedly, because I decided not to test and locked myself inside for three weeks. The symptoms were there, though. They sucked. Sorry for ignoring everyone for so long. I only had energy to write Atom and eat canned food. Big update about game mechanics coming very soon. Now, let me reply to whatever you guys wrote.

I'm not touching this until the flood of updates stops :)
The content updates are over, and the fixes we upload now, are for very niche problems most do not get. It's very safe!
I'm not touching this until the flood of updates stops :)

I think the main game is fixed enough already.
Yup!
Atomboy Can you share a general ETA on Trudograd? 2nd quarter? 3rd?
EA will probably come out 2nd quarter 2020, and then we'll make a release version in a few updates or so.
I just started this game myself last night. Still haven't gotten out of the starting village but I like what I see so far.

I wish there were more tactical options in combat such as kneeling and going prone, but it's hard to complain.

Surprising amount of polish and spit-shine for a Russian indie release. Grammar and writing aren't half-bad, either.

Fun!
Thank you! Good luck :---)
Hey! It says КРЯЖ! It's a geological thing.
1) babushka companion unlikely
2) two-handed melee weapons most likely
3) crafting component likely!

Buttstocking works with melee skill, what I meant when writing was that you'll get a perk (I always mix up the English for perks, skills and distinctions, forgetting which one is which) that makes the buttstock attack available. When it's available, you'll be able to buttstock people with great success and okay AP loss. At least that's how it is now. And firing while buttstocking is a visual glitch we already removed!
Right now, there are no radiation spots in the game. Cold is basically Radiation 2 Electric Boogaloo. However, things might change before the release. Perks aren't ready yet! Only on paper. We still need design! As for closed beta, first of all, because all of my translations go to an editor before we even think about adding them into the game, this testing will be totally in Russian on the first stage. If you're okay with Russian, I'll ask the QA guy who is in charge of forming the testing team. There might be a form to fill out on our VK in a while if he's still looking.

*Bold text*: I would have been willing even to make Comrad Facebookov account for this... Goddamn school language quotas! :argh: Any of you Russian-speaking thread watchers willing to jump on the chance to join testers?

Thanks for clarifying the points dude. I'm really looking forward to this game. Give regards to whole team!
The QA team decided to go all Russian and picked a very small amount of people almost at random. Sorry! :( I'll try to alert the codex when (and if) there's gonna be an English closed testing before EA!

you get the dog because it's a dog
you protect the dog because it's your dog
anyone who lets the dog die is a terrible person
I will have to agree with that.
Is the base game finished? Will it be refined after Trudograd or not. Shall I dive in it now or wait. I heard there is something about reworked perk system.
Atom RPG is complete. Trudograd is a sequel without a number. We're calling it an addon for... I dunno. I'd say marketing purposes, but that's a very shitty marketing decision. We call it an addon for REASONS. It just feels right, because it will be shorter than Atom RPG. But it's totally independent and runs on a remastered, updated basis.

Looks pretty. It looks like they put in way more detail in the global map than the global map in the original game. But didn't they say the global map in Trudograd was going was going to be hand drawn or be 2D like the travel map in fallout?
I probably did say it, because that was actually the plan, before we made it and saw it just doesn't work with some things we planned. So now it's an isometric thing!
If it ends up being static, my guess is it would be rendered in 3d -- saved as a static image -- then "hand painted" over.
That was the original plan, but now it's just an isometric 3d object.
So what is the story of Trudograd?
Without any spoilers, I'd put it like this: it's a straightforward assignment your ATOM RPG character gets after 2 years from the end of the first game. This mission gives you a reason to go to Trudograd, explore it, do quests, go to dungeons, etc. Just like in Atom RPG the story is little more than a in-world reason for exploration and roleplaying.
Someone remind me:

- this is a paid DLC for Atom?
- Or standalone product separate from base game?
- Coming when?
Standalone game, but with character transfer option; sequel without number cuz gonna be shorter than atom rpg 1, coming to EA in Spring 2020, hopefully.
Someone remind me:

- this is a paid DLC for Atom?
- Or standalone product separate from base game?
- Coming when?
Its my understanding that this acts as both a DLC (you can import your party from ATOM) AND a standalone (you can make a new party)- Its coming next Thursday.

Its an insta-buy for me- I know that.
Yes! Thank you! :) Not next Thursday though!

you could have picked a better name than "turdograd".

i thought this game had been released months ago, maybe a year or two even. is it still being worked on instead? i saw a kickstarter yesterday, filthy creature.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Russian name is Трудоград — "Labor City"

Question though:
What's the reason it's translated as Trudograd rather than the literal translation?

We don't translate it because it's a city name. I think names are untranslatable. Like for example if a person's last name is Smith, we don't translate it into кузнец a Russian word for a smith, we just transliterate it to Смит. I think it's the same vice versa, because Stalingrad was a city name, and it was made out of Stalin and grad (city) but in English people say Stalingrad, not Stalin's City.

Do we know anything about new perks? Also Atomboy if you ever make a sequel, for the love of babushkas please ditch the fallout's shitty combat system. Fallout is really bad when it comes to tactical combat. I know you'll never revamp the combat system in this game, I'm just talking about a possible sequel.
We're making a presentation about that in a few days, the guy who designed it is making screenshots for that publication right now. Unless something goes wrong, we'll publish it in a day or so. We actually like that system for the reasons you listed! It's so simple! That's why we were so inspired by it. We wanted to make simple, straight forward combat. However, we get that this isn't to everyone's liking. Trudograd won't have that arcade feel to combat, most probably, and we're open to experiment with new combat systems in the future. I have a few ideas.

Trudograd when?
A few months, hopefully spring 2020!
In this game?

They seem alright but who the fuck brings a knife to a gun fight ?
So are melee builds still trash?
I dunno dudes! I never were as hardcore in Atom, as with a melee build. And in Trudograd it's so easy to win every fight with fists or a knife right now, I'm begging the game balance guy to nerf it. IMO melee was OP in Atom since summer 2019.

=======================================
Hopefully I didn't miss anyone! It's good to be posting again. Stay tuned men.

ironmask

Arbiter
Atom RPG is complete. Trudograd is a sequel without a number. We're calling it an addon for... I dunno. I'd say marketing purposes, but that's a very shitty marketing decision. We call it an addon for REASONS. It just feels right, because it will be shorter than Atom RPG. But it's totally independent and runs on a remastered, updated basis.
Just call it a spin-off like new vegas.

Jinn

Arcane
So, here's a little bit of fun trivia! There will be some NPCs, several books, several items, and a few quests in ATOM RPG: Trudograd, that were made by a person slowly dying of crippling coronavirus! Allegedly, because I decided not to test and locked myself inside for three weeks. The symptoms were there, though. They sucked. Sorry for ignoring everyone for so long. I only had energy to write Atom and eat canned food. Big update about game mechanics coming very soon. Now, let me reply to whatever you guys wrote.

You, sir, are an absolute champion! As if there were any doubt before, Trudograd EA is a day one purchase for me without a doubt.

:love:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You, sir, are an absolute champion! As if there were any doubt before, Trudograd EA is a day one purchase for me without a doubt.

Meh,expected nothing else from slam dev. Still i do agree,trudograd is day one purchase.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hope you recover quickly mang!
Thanks dude!

Thank you!

Meh,expected nothing else from slam dev. Still i do agree,trudograd is day one purchase.
Thanks man!

Will this be 15 dollars like the original game?
We want to make it less than 15, since it will be SHORTER! We're going the quality over quantity route this time, just to see what happens.
Unless sweet lady corona takes someone for good, or there's gonna be a recession, or anything else real bad happens, we'll get it out at around 12 to 14 bucks. Only reason I see going 15 or more, is in a state where it is as big or bigger than Atom RPG.

=================================
=================================

And now I will explain another reason I posted!
I made this google doc with a sample of our French translation: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVpssVUMq5aiP39GcnCXyy2icyEQ8dYt1MPxlrxJ6zo/edit?usp=sharing
Can someone check whether it's a good translation or a google translation? Any hints to improve? If all is well, French will come out sometime this year, after we finish Polish.

Also, an update about Trudograd is almost ready.

Last edited:

ironmask

Arbiter
I like the direction you are doing. I hope this means that Trudograd will have less fetch quest. Atom rpg had too many fetch quests.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Can someone check whether it's a good translation or a google translation? Any hints to improve? If all is well, French will come out sometime this year, after we finish Polish.

It's neither, almost alright but with some weird choices or typos.

1- Ok, but it doesn't convey the dead man notion
Could be replaced by the simple : "Tu es un homme mort! " where the "you're gonna pay part" is implied.

2- dans > sans // crapules ... it has to be replaced by something else, not sure what without context

3- ok

4- se transforment ->> ils deviennent

Vatnik Wumao

It’s finally time to share some more news about the development of ATOM RPG: Trudograd. This time, we will have two distinct topics: skill tree and weapon mods.

Skill tree

Ever since the release of our first game, we listened to your advice on the ways ATOM RPG’s Skill Tree could grow into something bigger and better. This is the result of all that feedback, plus many improvements of our own.

ee7067f802f9a8ef7bbc4fa2a09ed437bd7dc3a2.png

Unlike our previous skill tree, this one is segmented into categories, and has much more skills for every type of play. You won’t have to pick something you don’t want, just to get to something you do want to learn, anymore. At least, that’s what we’re going for.

Icons, names, and even skill balancing are still works in progress, but the concept itself is final.

The skill point system has also changed. Before, each new skill was 1 point more expensive than the previous, and this was critiqued by you a lot. Now all skills are distributed amongst four price tiers. All starting skills have the price of 1 point, and the most powerful ones - 4.

Weapon mods

The need for a weapons mod system was seen by us even at the time ATOM RPG first came out, but introducing it back then would’ve required too much time and resources. Now, in Trudograd, we are finally able to do it!

4e0c4cff7e0386d8c67b95e8ad2d339bc8b0c3e4.png

Every single piece of weaponry in Trudograd has some modification slots, which can be filled with all manner of mods. This will help you create weapons, fit for your playstyles and character roles.

e5206465efb521b8a83a83c5d59169cb79867a94.gif

However, all good things come at a price. In ATOM RPG: Trudograd, weapon modifications will have pros as well as cons, like higher skill reqs.

f0e0fb3e2f79f5c028742a8cb04a9c7f46c33fac.gif

10a04873452208acae2aed971217a0d721534a3e.gif

Currently, the weapon mod system’s visuals and some stats are a work in progress, but we basically figured out the base balancing mechanics already.

31c3f05b0f1133c69e10fcee0f925d6e81c87fdc.gif

ef2c0f59868a91f5b49fa32b3a23d81d825e44fc.gif

We thank you for the time spent reading this dev update, and we would like to use this opportunity to remind you: stay safe, stay healthy, do all that is recommended to avoid and combat the COVID-19 infection.

We promise more dev updates soon!

Oh, and as always, let there be ATOM!

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i've actually been wondering if the extremely primitive zip guns in ATOM are a reference to brother 2. maybe i should see if they're called 'podzhiga'

edit:

huh, no, it's just simply called the "samodel'nyy pistolet" in the rus localization

Last edited:

Sloul

Savant
Atomboy

1 - is perfect.
2 - dans > sans (typo)
3- aurout > autour (typo)
4- qu'il > qui (grammar)
5- menton > front (menton = chin, where front = forehead)
8- I would remove ''ça''.
9- Après un long monologue Igor Mort se met à crier - it's not just a simpler form, it also alters the meaning.
10- C'est décidé ! J'ai pesé tes arguments, le mort, et j'en suis arrivé à la conclusion que la désolation de ces terres, bien que bénéfique à notre groupe d'un point de vue financier, aura un impact négatif sur notre mode de vie.

11- This one is complicated, because while being an accurate translation it lose all the punch of the english version. I would do this:
Qui dans le groupe criminel de la \"Mort\", élevé dans la cambrousse, voudrait s'occuper d'une ville conquise, collecter les taxes des passants et former des alliances avec d'autres groupes de la région ? Notre lot est de vivre dans la nature sauvage ! Cerbère, Carcharoth, mes enfants... rentrons à la maison !

Btw I removed a coma after Qui (which isn't after ''Who'' in the english version) and moved it after ''cambrousse''. Otherwise the syntax would be incorrect.

12- You may live, noble dead man. On the condition that everyone will learn about a terrible fate they have escaped!
Wouldn't shall better apply there?

Tu vivras, noble homme. À la seule condition que tout le monde sache à quel terrible destin il a échappé !

13- [Un autre geste théâtral, et la compagnie se retire dans l'obscurité de la forêt]

I'll keep on tomorrow.

edit: 17 [Igor Mort lève les bras d'un geste pompeux et sourit avec insolence du coin de sa bouche] - typo

Everything else seems ok, some choices are debatable, but they are valid.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Flashlights on guns eh? I hope they work on some dark areas. I was impressed by how good the lighting effects were whenever they did show up, would be really cool to incorporate that into some real dungeons/areas.

ironmask

Arbiter
I thought the writing for the dead city was better than the base game which show that you all have improved in writing. Hopefully that means the writing for Trudograd will be better.

Efe

Erudite
Brown nosers are expected in a fallout spiritual sequel.

it is a perk in fallout my kebab loving slav friend

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
trudograd should be the number one most anticipated game on the codex but people would rather dick ride larian
:nocountryforshitposters:
Really nigger,you are going to say that shit? Your whole mouth is brown from sucking that shit.

what the fuck are you even talking about? where the fuck have I been "sucking that shit" or brown nosing Larian/BG3. why do you keep making shit up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom