Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ironmask

Arbiter
what year does atom trudograd take place in year? Like where in the timeline would atom trudograd be? Like maybe a year after the first game?

Black Angel

Arcane
Atomboy I just want to confirm something
latest

Is the number of skills you can allocate points into in Trudograd reduced? If so, is it because some has been removed, some has been merged, or both?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
upload_2020-4-6_23-24-55.png

Guess what's 20% ready? It's the first draft of the Early Access English translation! Things are going smoothly. Now for some replies.

I like the direction you are doing. I hope this means that Trudograd will have less fetch quest. Atom rpg had too many fetch quests.
We couldn't do that, but we did the next best thing! Most fetch quests are now masking themselves to look like not fetch quests!!!!!!!!!!! One time I forgot what the quest was about and I did half of it before remembering it's a fetch quest!

i've actually been wondering if the extremely primitive zip guns in ATOM are a reference to brother 2. maybe i should see if they're called 'podzhiga'

edit:

huh, no, it's just simply called the "samodel'nyy pistolet" in the rus localization
I think the main inspiration was a museum exposition of confiscated home made guns from the Soviet era and early 90's, but it's always great when a thing makes one think about БРАТ!

Can someone check whether it's a good translation or a google translation? Any hints to improve? If all is well, French will come out sometime this year, after we finish Polish.

It's neither, almost alright but with some weird choices or typos.

1- Ok, but it doesn't convey the dead man notion
Could be replaced by the simple : "Tu es un homme mort! " where the "you're gonna pay part" is implied.

2- dans > sans // crapules ... it has to be replaced by something else, not sure what without context

3- ok

4- se transforment ->> ils deviennent

Thank you! I've notified the guy!

Atomboy

1 - is perfect.
2 - dans > sans (typo)
3- aurout > autour (typo)
4- qu'il > qui (grammar)
5- menton > front (menton = chin, where front = forehead)
8- I would remove ''ça''.
9- Après un long monologue Igor Mort se met à crier - it's not just a simpler form, it also alters the meaning.
10- C'est décidé ! J'ai pesé tes arguments, le mort, et j'en suis arrivé à la conclusion que la désolation de ces terres, bien que bénéfique à notre groupe d'un point de vue financier, aura un impact négatif sur notre mode de vie.

11- This one is complicated, because while being an accurate translation it lose all the punch of the english version. I would do this:
Qui dans le groupe criminel de la \"Mort\", élevé dans la cambrousse, voudrait s'occuper d'une ville conquise, collecter les taxes des passants et former des alliances avec d'autres groupes de la région ? Notre lot est de vivre dans la nature sauvage ! Cerbère, Carcharoth, mes enfants... rentrons à la maison !

Btw I removed a coma after Qui (which isn't after ''Who'' in the english version) and moved it after ''cambrousse''. Otherwise the syntax would be incorrect.

12- You may live, noble dead man. On the condition that everyone will learn about a terrible fate they have escaped!
Wouldn't shall better apply there?

Tu vivras, noble homme. À la seule condition que tout le monde sache à quel terrible destin il a échappé !

13- [Un autre geste théâtral, et la compagnie se retire dans l'obscurité de la forêt]

I'll keep on tomorrow.

edit: 17 [Igor Mort lève les bras d'un geste pompeux et sourit avec insolence du coin de sa bouche] - typo

Everything else seems ok, some choices are debatable, but they are valid.
Thank you! I reported your finds to the translator!
Dead City is so good! I really liked that Fritzl dungeon location you find in the metro, epic stuff.
Oh my, I never heard about the Fritzl case before I googled your comment. How disturbing!
That looks interesting. Atomboy any chance to go full on medieval with sword and bow at hand??? That will be pure incline!
There will be some interesting melee weapons, including a kyu gunto or shin gunto sword, and possibly a euro sword or a bardiche. We're also making a weapon that will reference Jorg Sprave's "instant Legolas" auto bow, but I dunno whether we'll make it look like a bow or a crossbow. Trudograd will be one step closer to that power fantasy game I always wanted!
Flashlights on guns eh? I hope they work on some dark areas. I was impressed by how good the lighting effects were whenever they did show up, would be really cool to incorporate that into some real dungeons/areas.
There's a single guy working on all weapon mods and I can't say which ones will survive the chopping block but I also hope for cool lighting effects!
I thought the writing for the dead city was better than the base game which show that you all have improved in writing. Hopefully that means the writing for Trudograd will be better.
I don't think it changed in Russian, but I remember having much more time to translate Dead City, than I had when I did the base game. Also, we just got that editor back then. However, since Dead City Scott spellchecked and reworked a lot of the original text. It should all be sweet right now!

trudograd should be the number one most anticipated game on the codex but people would rather dick ride larian
Thanks dude! Though I think Larian deserves the attention it's getting. Very competent guys, gorgeous games!
I can play atom or trudograd will also update and change stuff on atom?
No, that would be too hard to do. Transporting all new features to Atom I mean. Trudograd is it's own game. Atom might get a director's cut in 35 years from now or so, and a certain console port or something, but generally speaking, it's done. You can play!

what year does atom trudograd take place in year? Like where in the timeline would atom trudograd be? Like maybe a year after the first game?

Trudograd takes place around two years after the end of the first game. Your character got back to Atom base, got a rank of Major, did some stuff off camera, and now they're sending him to Trudograd.

Atomboy I just want to confirm something
latest

Is the number of skills you can allocate points into in Trudograd reduced? If so, is it because some has been removed, some has been merged, or both?
All skills are there, even the useless ones, because otherwise you would not be able to transfer saves. Though in Trudograd we're doing our best to make all skills useful. Now the ability tree got overhauled somewhat!

Will this be 15 dollars like the original game?
Just realized this game is priced way too cheap. Should have been $30.
We decided Atom's price should reflect it's budget. Since the budget was around 115 euros for everything from making it to advertisements and we got the rest off Kickstarter, we just couldn't charge much. And trudograd will be shorter than Atom, so again no price increase possible. But maybe one day we'll make something with a huge bloated price tag of 49.99!! It's gonna be some cool futuristic game with nudity and next generation graphics! But I doubt that's gonna happen soon.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Atomboy Are those weapon mods and skill tree changes etc coming to the base game as well, or just for the expansion?

Mark Richard

Arcane
Atomboy Are those weapon mods and skill tree changes etc coming to the base game as well, or just for the expansion?
Bit confused on that point myself. Judging by the dev's latest post, it doesn't sound like the changes will work retroactively, though that raises another issue. Will transferred characters get to re-spend the skill points they've collected? Without such a safeguard, a veteran character could be stuck with a suboptimal set of abilities compared to a fresh character, or perhaps even an overpowered set of abilities from bypassing the new costs.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
They will only be featured in Trudograd. Like I said to Elex, transporting this new tree into Atom would be too hard to do, since Trudograd is it's own game built from scratch. Atom might get a director's cut with Trudograd's features if everyone will think Trudograd really is superior, and I bet someone will mod Trudograd's skill tree into Atom somehow, but we won't be able to do it right now officially. It is going to ruin a lot of things unless we spend months running the QA team.
Bit confused on that point myself. Judging by the dev's latest post, it doesn't sound like the changes will work retroactively, though that raises another issue. Will transferred characters get to re-spend the skill points they've collected? Without such a safeguard, a veteran character could be stuck with a suboptimal set of abilities compared to a fresh character, or perhaps even an overpowered set of abilities from bypassing the new costs.
Transferred characters will have the corresponding abilities from the old tree, without any change to their builds due to transfer, but there will be a guy in the next room of the hotel where you start Trudograd in, and he will basically give you a respec potion, for free if I'm not mistaken. He is very hard to miss! This is the way we provide the option to run with your old build or respec before interracting with anything else in the game.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
If there's money to be made and it allows them to continue to develop good games, why not ?
Why not spread the good vibes to the phone-people ?
They must be tired to play shit games, surely, playing ATOM will change their lives.

Codex Year of the Donut
Might be an intermediate step between porting it to that nintendo handheld console
a lot of otherwise odd choices have been ported to it lately

bddevil

Educated
Comrades, should I bother with the dead city update ? I'm thinking I'll just import my characters from atom for Trudograd since I've finished the game a couple of times and DC update doesn't seem to introduce much besides new quests/npcs in dead city.

ironmask

Arbiter
I feel like they would make more money porting it to consoles rather then mobile phones. Then again the mobile market is huge.

jackofshadows

Magister
Comrades, should I bother with the dead city update ? I'm thinking I'll just import my characters from atom for Trudograd since I've finished the game a couple of times and DC update doesn't seem to introduce much besides new quests/npcs in dead city.
I'd say yes, it's suprizingly good (not a fan of the game in general).

ironmask

Arbiter
Indigo commented on their twitter and streamed the game. He should really make a video review on Atom RPG. Could influence more people to buy this game like Sseth.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Shadilay, fewllow kekostani Trudograd coming out May 11th! 2020!!! Early Access!1 Now that the current zeitgeist memes and news are done it's time for the replies.

Ok time to play it.
i'm going in blind.
Thanks for supporting us, dude. I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me!
Should we make a separate thread for Atom: Trudograd?
I dunno... This thread is kinda huge, and I bet it's hard to get into it from the get go, but on the other hand, Trudograd will mostly be played by old Atom RPG players, so maybe a mod will simply change this one's title? I'm torn on this.

Yeah, we actually did this. My reaction exactly.
If there's money to be made and it allows them to continue to develop good games, why not ?
Why not spread the good vibes to the phone-people ?
They must be tired to play shit games, surely, playing ATOM will change their lives.
I doubt we'll ever break even, since we sunk too much into it, but it just felt right. If there was no Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate for mobile back in the day, I would've killed myself from boredom on my 9 to 5 long before quitting and starting to make Atom. Hopefully, mobile Atom will bring someone else the same relief.
I'd say you should dude. Dead City has some of the funniest things in Atom. But if you have a save made after beating the boss in the general game, that's good enough for transfer to Trudograd.
I feel like they would make more money porting it to consoles rather then mobile phones. Then again the mobile market is huge.
Hopefully you're right because we're doing that too! Soon...
Indigo commented on their twitter and streamed the game. He should really make a video review on Atom RPG. Could influence more people to buy this game like Sseth.
Sat through that entire stream. I think it went very smoothly. Although, most things are entertaining when indigo plays. Maybe he liked it enough for a review. I would be very happy. We'll see!
turdogard when
May 11!
Why hasn't this game reviewed by the products of the Merchant's Guild™? Atomboy you guys need to rectify this on Trudograd release.
ssSeth played it, somewhat liked it, and got asked to review it a lot on his patreon discord. And the ones asking weren't even my sock accounts, promise. Thing is he gets tons of suggestions and is a really busy guy. I'm patient though. When he makes it, if he makes it, it's gonna be so good, it will be worth the wait.
Why hasn't this game reviewed by the products of the Merchant's Guild™? Atomboy you guys need to rectify this on Trudograd release.
we should get mandalore to do this too. Atom team deserves that money.
Mandalore would be amazing too! I dunno whether video reviews bring a lot of sales, probably they do, but it would be worth it just to see him play and tell his thoughts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom