Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthandas

Liturgist
How much will I lose by playing this game in English/Polish?

jackofshadows

Magister
What's up with old ratings? I'm aware that it's from 1.08, was just trying to help :)

And yeah, reading the original is a painful experience.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really don't get why are you dissing Russian version, I had fun playing it. Maybe it's because my Russian sense of humour stopped at 11th grade level.

Mark Richard

Arcane
The English translation was given some love in the March 2019 1.08 update as they acquired the services of writer Scott Hamm, who also worked on Age of Decadence and Battle Brothers. I wouldn't be surprised if it trounces all the other versions, but can't find much feedback on the matter. The 1.08 update was jam-packed with other things that drew all the attention such as new maps, new weapons, and new quests.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Arthandas a lot of russian inside jokes/references/memes are cringeworthy. By playing in english you're improving the experience.

Playing in russian is torture.

And yeah, reading the original is a painful experience.

DON'T! PLAY! POLISH! Translation is beta but it looks like 100% google translate.

I really don't get why are you dissing Russian version, I had fun playing it. Maybe it's because my Russian sense of humour stopped at 11th grade level.

The English translation was given some love in the March 2019 1.08 update as they acquired the services of writer Scott Hamm, who also worked on Age of Decadence and Battle Brothers. I wouldn't be surprised if it trounces all the other versions, but can't find much feedback on the matter. The 1.08 update was jam-packed with other things that drew all the attention such as new maps, new weapons, and new quests.
Wow, English it is, thanks!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/2233169104209097170

1.151 Steam Input API & Steam Link
c4b7d90b8f0c4a3ca46ba61a65a34cf522633613.jpg

Hello!

We are happy to announce that we are working with the Steam Input API now. This is a special interface from Valve that lets you play the game with any controller and even do it remotely through Steam Link. With it you can even play with a controller on your phone!
And speaking of that: ATOM RPG is now available for iOS, in App Store. Of course, you can use the same save files from PC in the mobile version and vice versa!

And now for the changelog:

- Now you can use Steam Remote Play through STEAM LINK;
- Updated Steam SDK to its latest version;
- Fixed compatibility with the already existing mods;
- Full controller support through Steam API;
- Fixed the crash when turning off post-processing;
- Fixed the bug with the "Experimenting" in crafting when playing with the controller;
- A lot of lesser bugs fixed. For example, the health bars don't disappear when loading another save file, etc.

Good night, and good luck. Stay safe out there!
Yours truly,

Atom Team

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/2247806424014523347
Atom RPG: Spanish translation and further game optimization patch
Hello, friends!
Today we are happy to publish a new translation of our game. This time - to Spanish, with the help of Felix H., an amazing fan translator who contacted us here on Steam and produced a translation mod, which he allowed us to import into the game. Some more languages are on the way as well with German hopefully hitting Steam sometime this year and French 90% done by another fan translator.
We are also working on perfecting the Polish beta translation together with a team of Polish volunteer players who help us out very much. Hopefully, soon Polish will be up to the high standards it deserves!
Apart from a new language, this version also contains a lot of optimization work which will perfect loading and game behavior for low-end computers.
We really hope you will enjoy.
And let there be ATOM!

jackofshadows

Magister
Early Access as you'd imagine it to be. Few locations, wonky combat, plenty of bugs, lots of quests though already. If you not worrying about spoil things then you can dig in for quests, I don't think they are going to change a lot in the future.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/552620/announcements/detail/2525905600533498138

French translation, new encounters and bug fixing patch!
Greetings, friends!
Today we're publishing a brand new French translation to the game, created by Vincent "Goat Buster" Lagaillarde with help from Hizo team! Other translations are also currently pending, and we'll update as soon as we can.
This version of the game also sports new random encounters and bug fixes for mistakes you, our community has found.

b8f09849503249fff82b5eac26c8a4b39533090e.png

2d47f59fe542b1806578e13a20a1f3ee83bbe6fe.png

de6e8e5f9dc0a713a44e02877a71a75ddae47cbb.png

d3a2aa35bc6e5c17de60059bc152fba94fe1752e.png

As always, thank you for being with us, and let there be ATOM!

Changelog:
  • Added French translation;
  • New random encounter locations;
  • Fixed Guard in Drunken Lair not reacting to his fellow's sickness;
  • Fixed August not seeing the female character at night;
  • Fixed election related bug;
  • Fixed cursor getting stuck during forced attacks;
  • HP bar fixed for character and companions;
  • Textures fixed in Crater of Dead City;
  • Fixed various visual glitches;

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Well just finished ATOM, it was a blast. In addition to the well written texts and stuff like the tatoo competition (that I initially lost), I really love how people come and by in the villages. YOu keep meeting new characters while going to the same place, as if they were fellow travellers.

I am happy to say I finished the game without spoilers (I never use them - Personality build, massive amount of perfume was used in tough stop). Not IronMan at all obviously (and sadly).
I found on my own the "Talk to animal potion" recipe, the idol, the Shield and the Ghost in the metro, but knowing there was a follow-up game just before ending the game I could not resist the temptation and I collected all the missing +stats items/action (fish/tatoo which I actually had failed/weird drug) before carrying on. I had only found the first weird drug.

The pacing is solid, I was really struggling for weapons at the beginning, and once I started having some SMG I was struggling for ammo.

I executed Alexander when he told me he was a worm. I hope the fact that some of you brought the parasite to ATOM will be taken into account in Trudograd :)

I found the combat against the WoodPecker not that hard and saved everyone after an handful of quicksave/quickloading and proper preparation. The battle in the crater with the maybe 80 ghouls and the roaming bandit boss in Dead City were something different entirely though. I did the bunkers and special location in a weird order as I beelined the "healed by poison" perk so I could go directly in intensively poisonous places.
Stupid NPC AI did not bother me too much as you can direct them around. Them taking the weaker healing item when wounded (Kasparid or whatever the name is) is really retarded though.

I also finished with the POSSESSED trait and I hope there will be places where you can use the trait in Trudograd. Using it in totally random place (in the Castle for instance) was great.

Last comment Atomboy : Despite what I said earlier, I am worried about players being overpowered in Trudograd if they import their saves. I feel like imported characters should lose some skill points as they get "rusty" (I am starting with 199 in speech, I also took the "double skill point earned from book" perk ^^).

On the other hand, I wish I could keep let's say one weapon, and let's say two reload worth of ammo for that weapon

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well just finished ATOM, it was a blast. In addition to the well written texts and stuff like the tatoo competition (that I initially lost), I really love how people come and by in the villages. YOu keep meeting new characters while going to the same place, as if they were fellow travellers.

I am happy to say I finished the game without spoilers (I never use them - Personality build, massive amount of perfume was used in tough stop). Not IronMan at all obviously (and sadly).
I found on my own the "Talk to animal potion" recipe, the idol, the Shield and the Ghost in the metro, but knowing there was a follow-up game just before ending the game I could not resist the temptation and I collected all the missing +stats items/action (fish/tatoo which I actually had failed/weird drug) before carrying on. I had only found the first weird drug.

The pacing is solid, I was really struggling for weapons at the beginning, and once I started having some SMG I was struggling for ammo.

I executed Alexander when he told me he was a worm. I hope the fact that some of you brought the parasite to ATOM will be taken into account in Trudograd :)

I found the combat against the WoodPecker not that hard and saved everyone after an handful of quicksave/quickloading and proper preparation. The battle in the crater with the maybe 80 ghouls and the roaming bandit boss in Dead City were something different entirely though. I did the bunkers and special location in a weird order as I beelined the "healed by poison" perk so I could go directly in intensively poisonous places.
Stupid NPC AI did not bother me too much as you can direct them around. Them taking the weaker healing item when wounded (Kasparid or whatever the name is) is really retarded though.

I also finished with the POSSESSED trait and I hope there will be places where you can use the trait in Trudograd. Using it in totally random place (in the Castle for instance) was great.

Last comment Atomboy : Despite what I said earlier, I am worried about players being overpowered in Trudograd if they import their saves. I feel like imported characters should lose some skill points as they get "rusty" (I am starting with 199 in speech, I also took the "double skill point earned from book" perk ^^).

On the other hand, I wish I could keep let's say one weapon, and let's say two reload worth of ammo for that weapon

Speech checks start from 150 and go up to 190 on second map you visit Comrade so don't worry you won't be overpowered even if you come at level 21 like I did.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

I am happy to say I finished the game without spoilers (I never use them - Personality build, massive amount of perfume was used in tough spots). Not IronMan at all obviously (and sadly).
I found on my own the "Talk to animal potion" recipe, the idol, the Shield//protection of the God and the Ghost in the metro, but knowing there was a follow-up game just before ending the game I could not resist the temptation and I collected all the missing +stats items/action (fish/tatoo which I actually had failed/weird drug) before carrying on. I had only found the first weird drug.

Speech checks start from 150 and go up to 190 on second map you visit Comrade so don't worry you won't be overpowered even if you come at level 21 like I did.
OK clear. I finished at level 19 so it wil be even better.

jackofshadows

Magister
Stat and skill bonuses are still quite ridiculous in case of import. It partially negates by the fact that new perk system seem very impactful so far and does apply to enemies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom