Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh and one more thing I forgot!

To all of you, who played the demo and is in a generous mood: How did you feel about the English translation?
On one hand, I gave it my all, on the other, there was so much text to translate, and so little sleep, I probably dun goofed somewhere at least!
But now it's pretty hard to find...

epeli

Arcane
What's up with all these slavic post-apoc RPGs nowadays? Not that I'm complaining, it's great. Just wondering about their recent appearance on the anglosphere of teh internets.

Anyways, tried the demo. Did stuff in Otradnoye, had a random encounter with three paranoid guys, explored the bunker, went to the abandoned factory and ran around the world map a bit. Didn't find any other accessible locations. I guess that's it for the demo.

Some random bits of critique and whatnot:
- Much of the content in the demo seems hastily thrown together. Most items are just copy-pasted vendor trash weighing the same 0.45kg, worth the same 3 RU. Combat animations and sounds are pretty basic. NPC models and portraits rarely match. Et cetera. I assume nothing is final at this point and all current content will be iteratively improved?
- The cooking system is awkward. No point carrying food if the only chance to eat is at those cooking nodes.
- Ditto for fishing. And apparently fish seems to be worth more than anything else in this world, easy way to jew shops and caravans.
- I still have no idea how to use active skills except when they are used through dialog. Not in demo?
- Couldn't find a way to view your perks. Not in demo?
- There were a few bugs where location markers weren't added to your map, but I guess that's also a demo thing.
- Lots of small assets stolen from other games, particularly from Fallout. I assume they're placeholders and hope you don't get into trouble over that. All the more reason to improve your current content.
- The english translation wasn't too bad. There were few instances of bad grammar and typos, but nothing too glaring. The only jarring thing I encountered was a partially untranslated book or two.

All in all, "Wasteland (2) Soviet Style" is pretty much the perfect description. Very similar overall feel; same cheap unity look, same flimsy and buggy unity UI, same disparity between character portraits and 3D models, all the same little quirks holding a nice post-apocalyptic package together. This project has promise, I hope it goes forward.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Love the look.
The system is a GURPS variant? That alone makes it way better then Wasteland 2. Unless you butcher it, of course.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ah man these Fallout sounds on turn end - combat end... They never get old.
I don't know if it's legal to even try to greenlight a game with so many assets directly taken from other games though. On the other hand why should I care?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
What's up with all these slavic post-apoc RPGs nowadays? Not that I'm complaining, it's great. Just wondering about their recent appearance on the anglosphere of teh internets.

Anyways, tried the demo. Did stuff in Otradnoye, had a random encounter with three paranoid guys, explored the bunker, went to the abandoned factory and ran around the world map a bit. Didn't find any other accessible locations. I guess that's it for the demo.

Some random bits of critique and whatnot:
- Much of the content in the demo seems hastily thrown together. Most items are just copy-pasted vendor trash weighing the same 0.45kg, worth the same 3 RU. Combat animations and sounds are pretty basic. NPC models and portraits rarely match. Et cetera. I assume nothing is final at this point and all current content will be iteratively improved?
- The cooking system is awkward. No point carrying food if the only chance to eat is at those cooking nodes.
- Ditto for fishing. And apparently fish seems to be worth more than anything else in this world, easy way to jew shops and caravans.
- I still have no idea how to use active skills except when they are used through dialog. Not in demo?
- Couldn't find a way to view your perks. Not in demo?
- There were a few bugs where location markers weren't added to your map, but I guess that's also a demo thing.
- Lots of small assets stolen from other games, particularly from Fallout. I assume they're placeholders and hope you don't get into trouble over that. All the more reason to improve your current content.
- The english translation wasn't too bad. There were few instances of bad grammar and typos, but nothing too glaring. The only jarring thing I encountered was a partially untranslated book or two.

All in all, "Wasteland (2) Soviet Style" is pretty much the perfect description. Very similar overall feel; same cheap unity look, same flimsy and buggy unity UI, same disparity between character portraits and 3D models, all the same little quirks holding a nice post-apocalyptic package together. This project has promise, I hope it goes forward.

Nobody knows why, but making our own JA2, Fallout and sometimes a strange fantasy game that doesn't work properly is a passion shared by all slavs. Probably the only thing that truly binds us, despite our cultural and political differences. As a historic linguist of Slavic languages, I have a few origin theories: those games look like american B-movies the late 80's / early 90's generation grew up on. Those games were the hottest thing ever, when most people in Russia, Ukraine and Poland started getting enough moneys to buy PCs so here we have an imprinting of sorts. Also, JA2 and Fallout settings remind most of us of real life in the 90's. In another theory, many Slavs historically and culturally respect masculinity, manly toughness, ability to survive. Post-apocalyptic settings are very masculine by nature, they are brutal and tough like Arnie! Steampunk and most Fantasy settings, on the other hand, are gay, and that is why games like Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, etc, while loved by many, do not get this kind of following, much like the петушки, or traditional Russian prison homosexuals, who are sometimes protected, cared for and adorned with gifts, but still get dehumanized at the same time. Also it may be because there are cool guns in those games, and you have the ability to kill with gory results. But this is just a theory. A GAME THEORY.....
And now, to the points! Most of the problems you noted, while really embarrassing, thankfully, will become moot this Friday, with an update we are working right now. Can't say that everything will be fixed in this one go, but most dialogue troubles, maybe some economy troubles, and all of the sound issues will be fixed. I mean our current sounds ARE pretty sweet, but we finally found a person, who will provide something more... original! Same goes for those deja vu inducing icons and other details like that. The model thing is a huge flaw, believe us, we know! The slowness, the lack of movement variety, the works. While we have modelers, we don't really have an animator yet. We will though, so you better believe nothing you see now animation and model -wise will even get into the pre-release version. This temporary lack of a guy is also part of the reason why the game looks like something that was hastily put together. The other reason is the demo thing. We wanted to make rough sketches of locations to come. Now we are filling them with details, slowly.
Still, we're really psyched right now. Seeing how well the people such as you tend to take our product despite many flaws, makes us work longer and harder, penetrating every issue, rubbing out each mistake; makes us want to finish the product even more than before. Next upd should be much better, and we won't stop there! :D
Thanks a bunch!

Ah man these Fallout sounds on turn end - combat end... They never get old.
I don't know if it's legal to even try to greenlight a game with so many assets directly taken from other games though. On the other hand why should I care?
In a place, where RPG Maker games with tiles ripped from Final Fantasy get greenlit, there's neither God nor Law! But still, we are currently changing each placeholder sound and asset for a unique one. Friday, hopefully, will make our game's title the only questionable thing about it.

Unless you butcher it, of course.

That actually keeps me up at night sometimes... :D But I think we'll manage. How hard can it be.......

Just pray Bethesda doesn't get wind of this (using Fallout assets, of which they own).
Hey, they wouldn't bully a small time indie studio into submission! W... Would they? :O

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Also, for those who asked, a huge-ass version of the Atomic Bread Drink Poster by our very own Yaroslav Vitynsky, under the spoilers. Warning, 4 MB, may overheat modems for some! English text ver. coming up!
zgwykel.jpg

Doktor Best

Arcane
So i downloaded your demo, should i wait for the next version then? Will probably not be able to play through a demo multiple times.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So i downloaded your demo, should i wait for the next version then? Will probably not be able to play through a demo multiple times.
I'd say, if sounds and icons you probably heard or seen before don't bother you too much, you can check it out in this iteration, because we're not touching global stuff like the system or the quests in the upd. On the other hand, there's a particularly nice random encounter quest, where some dialogue lines are messed up, and that's gonna be fixed in the upd. Still, the messed up lines don't make the quest unplayable. I say go for it! :D

epeli

Arcane
same flimsy and buggy unity UI
That's like saying "same boring Word novella".
That comparison would be reasonable only if that novella was only available as a .doc eBook that requires MS Office 97. I guess I recognize game engines better than most other gamers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh and speaking of
had a random encounter with three paranoid guys
Did you like that one? :---------------------)
Definitely, somehow it was reminiscent of STALKER. You know, the stories you hear NPCs tell by campfires. Was nice being the mediator in a situation like that. Will we ever meet those guys again?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
same flimsy and buggy unity UI
That's like saying "same boring Word novella".
That comparison would be reasonable only if that novella was only available as a .doc eBook that requires MS Office 97. I guess I recognize game engines better than most other gamers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh and speaking of
had a random encounter with three paranoid guys
Did you like that one? :---------------------)
Definitely, somehow it was reminiscent of STALKER. You know, the stories you hear NPCs tell by campfires. Was nice being the mediator in a situation like that. Will we ever meet those guys again?

In one form or another... Probably :D
You'll also meet their sunken car. And the old lady that messed with their minds.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Some guy :3
Wow! Small world! That's actually you! The Colonel! You probably know this already, but some guys on our team love your stuff! And although your let's play of our game was the first video on your chan I personally watched, lemme say, it was music to my ears. Spot on and very constructive. Thanks a bunch!

Atchodas

Augur
Greenlit this on my 3 different steam accounts

:salute::salute::salute:

Also this quote made me want to support this game even more :

Steampunk and most Fantasy settings, on the other hand, are gay

:hero:

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
Is that blood coming out of your faggot ass ArchAngel ? Why is that ? Somebody saying that your favorite setting is gay hurt your anus ?

Good thing this dev is making game in complete opposite setting so those butthurt fans either dig this setting too or dont care about the game anyway .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Hey what's up guys it's scarce here, I just wanted to say that WE MADE GOOD ON OUR WORD! And we said goodbye to our old sounds! Oh, sorry, I mean what sounds? There never were any other sounds in our game, just those new ones we just inserted kek.

THE 0.5.1 UPDATE!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772451440

NEW VERSION OF ATOM A POST NUCLEAR RPG UP ON STEAM!

Check it out:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772451440

* Now you can rotate the camera using Q and E keys
* Fixed the dialogue with the marauders in the bunker
* Fixed the dialogue in the random encounter "Paranoia"
* Fixed the weapon reloading (Damn, son!)
* Fixed the "shooting through walls" problem
* Fixed the code book in the bunker
* Added a story item "Map" in the bunker
* Added new graphics for the weapons;
* Added new graphics for the ammunition;
* Added new graphics for the random items;
* Added new sounds for the UI;
* Added new sounds for the weapons;
* Added new sounds for the characters.

WOW!

Now you're cooking with gas!

Here's some pics with the good news:

New guns! New ammo! Far out!
All_Weapons.png

Ammo_All.png

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

На шажок ближе, вижн говна еще четче конкретизировался с этой картинкой.

Вы собирались делать флейр совка, не? Притом что в оружии вы разбираться даже на пару минут не хотите, и никто из вас не служил, и никто не интересуется тематикой войны, ну и конечно же делать ресерч это пиздец как западло. Игра о мире, который прошел через ядерную войну, о мире где каждый второй вооружен и имеет парамилитаристскую подготовку, но всем членам вашей команды абсолютно насрать на аспект оружия и войны. Заебись, круто придумали себе проект, клоуны.

Где флейр совка? Его просто нет. Почему дезерт игл, откуда он в пост-апокалиптическом совке, на кой хуй он там? Следующим идет хуй-пойми стилизованный то ли Вальтер то ли Смит и Вессон то ли ХК - ну зачем блядь, советского ведь жопой жуй, и концептуально интересного навалом ведь есть, нахуя тащить это говно? Дальше ТТ ок, потом маузер блядь какой нахуй маузер вы че ебнутые? Потом ПМ более менее ок (если бы был ПМом, если бы ваш уебан художник не спиздил зиг зауер п230). То есть больше половины какая-то откровенная хуйня. Снайперка - не очевидная винтовка мосина, не очевидная свд, а какая-то зеленая хуйня из контр страйка. Стилизованая м4, откуда она в совке блядь, ппс ок, аки ок.

Вы смотрели войну на Урине? Вы видели, что первым делом там расконсервировали военные склады и достали пушки пмв и вмв? Вот это и заполонило бы совок в случае ядерного удара, а не вот эта хуйня что у вас на пике. Так сложно проконсультироваться на специализированных форумах? Идите нахуй. Придурки.

Инб4 "кококо в фоллауте тоже было все подряд и выдуманное". У вас не фоллаут. Хотите whacky setting, делайте whacky, пока что у вас сралкер по атмосфере. Если вы хотели вэки, то вы его проебали.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

На шажок ближе, вижн говна еще четче конкретизировался с этой картинкой.

Вы собирались делать флейр совка, не? Притом что в оружии вы разбираться даже на пару минут не хотите, и никто из вас не служил, и никто не интересуется тематикой войны, ну и конечно же делать ресерч это пиздец как западло. Игра о мире, который прошел через ядерную войну, о мире где каждый второй вооружен и имеет парамилитаристскую подготовку, но всем членам вашей команды абсолютно насрать на аспект оружия и войны. Заебись, круто придумали себе проект, клоуны.

Где флейр совка? Его просто нет. Почему дезерт игл, откуда он в пост-апокалиптическом совке, на кой хуй он там? Следующим идет хуй-пойми стилизованный то ли Вальтер то ли Смит и Вессон то ли ХК - ну зачем блядь, советского ведь жопой жуй, и концептуально интересного навалом ведь есть, нахуя тащить это говно? Дальше ТТ ок, потом маузер блядь какой нахуй маузер вы че ебнутые? Потом ПМ более менее ок (если бы был ПМом, если бы ваш уебан художник не спиздил зиг зауер п230). То есть больше половины какая-то откровенная хуйня. Снайперка - не очевидная винтовка мосина, не очевидная свд, а какая-то зеленая хуйня из контр страйка. Стилизованая м4, откуда она в совке блядь, ппс ок, аки ок.

Вы смотрели войну на Урине? Вы видели, что первым делом там расконсервировали военные склады и достали пушки пмв и вмв? Вот это и заполонило бы совок в случае ядерного удара, а не вот эта хуйня что у вас на пике. Так сложно проконсультироваться на специализированных форумах? Идите нахуй. Придурки.

Инб4 "кококо в фоллауте тоже было все подряд и выдуманное". У вас не фоллаут. Хотите whacky setting, делайте whacky, пока что у вас сралкер по атмосфере. Если вы хотели вэки, то вы его проебали.

Мужик, мужик! Успокойся, мужик! Всё в порядке! Ты видишь такие стволы на картинке, потому что именно для них мы одолженные у Вейстленда иконки юзали. Пришлось перерисовать. А как перерисовали - захотелось вставить их все на одну картинку и поделиться. Это не значит, что они играют решающую роль в самом проекте. На самом деле НАТОвские стволы имеют сюжетное обоснование, но после прохождения нами фазы демо ты встретишь 1-2-3 экземпляра в паре-тройке очень хорошо обоснованных мест. Немецкие стволы времён ВОВки - чуть чаще, само собой. Не штурмгеверы, конечно, но тухлые МП38/40 и офицерские пистолетики, которые могли быть и маузерами и люгерами и чем только нет - вполне могут гулять по пустошам, когда больше нет нужды их под половицами прятать на даче. Окончательный игровой ассортимент, исключая самопалы всех мастей, которых будет больше чем нормального оружия, - 99% funky и weird родные стволы всех мастей. Каштаны, кедры (как появились не смотря на то что мир взорвался за 4-6 лет до их изобретения - объясним), АВС, СВТ, СВД, Валы, АЛы, ТКБ (нельзя ж без буллпапа), Утёсы и прочее добро. И мифический и легендарный Наган с глушителем вдовесок :D
Ты, вижу, всё и так понимаешь, так что тебе объяснять не стоит, что поле для работы огромное. Где отечественных стволов с прикольными дизайнами не хватит - к чехам, сербам, полякам обратимся. Это же само собой. Как ты мог иначе подумать вообще, братишка? Ты почему такие представления о своих сродниках составляешь, о своих братьях по крови, о своих соплеменниках? Особенно кольнуло про "не служили"...
Мы доставим, так и знай.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom