Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

filpan

Scholar
I started investing points in pickpocketing. How does stealth work, what does it have to do with anything?

Ovg

Cipher
Never trust anyone. Always carry your stuff on you.

Kinda like real life...

Pickpocketing lets you use pickpocket sucessfuly. Stealth is for looting containers.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And how do I open .as files and edit it?

Opening is easy with 7-zip .as flies are renamed .gzip archives and then edit them using notepad + the problem is to compress it back to format which game will accept. There is solution a few posts behind about how to do it in linux but not under Windows. btw How to precede inside the roaring forest when you lack the big gun to those bugs and also throwing skill to use rope?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

Opening is easy with 7-zip .as flies are renamed .gzip archives the problem is to compress it back to format which game will accept. There is solution a few posts behind about how to do it in linux but not under Windows.
haven't tried but 7zip or similar programs should offer the ability to compress it with gzip, no?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Regarding the saves, you can gzip em back after extracting and editing on Linux with:
gzip -2 -n yefilename
-2 to -8 writes no stuff into the header regarding compression quality, the same way it is in the original game saves, -1 -9 might work but there is no point
-n leaves out the filename, the same as in gamesaves as well
And then you have to hex edit the 03 EC at the beginning of the file into 0B EC which stands for NTFS filesystem, while 03 is UNIX which is written by gzip if you run it on a linux machine. I dunno if its required, I just did it since it made sense and worked afterwards.
RaxAgqD.png

And change the filename to their fomat like Save_10_v10.as

haven't tried but 7zip or similar programs should offer the ability to compress it with gzip, no?

Yes but its need to be made in correct way otherwise the game will refuse to see those edited safe files. Comrades Dewelopers hate cheaters and this is why they removed console command after version 0.8 which is :incline: but also frustrating a bit when you hit the head against bug or missing script or dead end after many hours of playing. As they say save often and in many slots or git gudd Comrade.

filpan

Scholar
Bah, this is too complicated for me to edit. Hopefully someone will make a save game editor one day

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh the writing is pure gem :).
qb4PvSv.png

Ahhh that place really made want it to nuke it. Talked with 5 guys of which one was closed faggot that wanted to fuck a boy,then i found out that the boy is not a boy and got the oportunity to cuck her husband that was sitting two meters away with AK47 in hand. At least i got some training from the faggot and got to call him a degenerate foggot in his face. Now i kind of feel bad since he is not a real fag.

Last edited:

Vityaz

Augur
Has anyone tried defeating those fucks at the beginning that rob you? Is it even possible?

Using the Strength check makes them attack you, but that's about it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Has anyone tried defeating those fucks at the beginning that rob you? Is it even possible?

Yeah, no way around it. Even if you succeed that or speechcraft you are getting your shit pushed in hard.

It cant be won either, first or second hit will knock you out no matter the damage.

Vityaz

Augur

Yeah, no way around it. Even if you succeed that or speechcraft you are getting your shit pushed in hard.

It cant be won either, first or second hit will knock you out no matter the damage.

Hmm, I see. I was just wondering about the possibility because during the fight the AK rifle (along with the backpack) resting on the log is actually highlight-able, so I kinda thought we could pick it up and use it. But turns out we can't.

Also bataille, why do you keep mystery rating almost all my posts. :P

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Here comes that atomboi! Oh shiet waddup! Now I'll try answering from the point I left that other time I was here!

Is there any savegame editor for this game?

Here you go, for all your cheating needs (if doesn't work anymore pls PM)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/3374780959399842195/

is there a time limit like in FO?

also anyone here using the UI scaling? I had to bump it up just to make the dialogue/text easier to read
No real time limit. But there's a way to cause the destruction of the world through a quest, and then there will be no friendly NPCs anywhere and you're like alone or maybe with your goth girlfriend Bathory. Game will still be beatable though! We even made an ending for it...

One thing I'm finding very off-putting about the combat is the sound, or lack of it. There are no hit sounds with hand to hand for example.
This is because the sound comes out of objects and if you're far away from something you don't hear it! Try keeping camera stra
I've just bought it even though I'm not going to be playing it straight away, my backlog's killing me at the moment.. but this game just looks awesome for a Fallout fan. Congrats on the release!
Thank you! Hope you'll love it!

A thing that bugs me is that the npcs don't have names when you hover or press the ALT.
Good idea!

Is there any savegame editor for this game?
savefiles are compressed with gzip, a program like 7z or similar should recognize it
they're partially editable by hand, about half is json data other half is binary data
Yup. But that way you'll have to keep the game running and overwrite the current file with the modded one. You could also use https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/3374780959399842195/

Atomboy small suggestion. It would be good to be able to press a button and bring up a screen that shows hotkeys schematic and brief explanation on what a button on the UI do, like how in Fallout and Underrail you can press F1 to bring up such screen.
This is a very good suggestion. We're thinking about that one!

I've been playing some but still wonder. Is there a karma system in ATOM? Can NPC:s reaction to the player change?
No Karma - by that I mean there is no number that can go up or down depending on your actions. People just react to the things you do. Like... change power structure in Peregon and they will talk about that all the time. Rob a caravan - it's owners will hunt you. Kill a chicken = whole village attacks you. Dig up a girl's grave - try to sell her stuff to her grieving father - whole family rushes you! Kill a rat in a secret area = her talking rat husband ambushes you, etc. Rumors, attitudes and sometimes even prices and items react to your deeds.

:dealwithit:
Fuck that shit,it overheated by GPU. I will have to wait till tomorrow to clean it up. Ohhh well,at least i will get drunk tonight.
So a typical Unity game?
:negative:
Working real hard on the GPU issue. Oh, Unity...

Just bought it, hope to play it a little before the italian relatives holyday invasion

Thank you!!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
You know whats really nice about this game? Your stuff, including shovel, rope, fish, ingredients, all 90kg of it, that you stored in a container in the starting village, yeah? All of that will be gone and gone when you come back from Krasno with Fidel...
Have fun.
So, you're saying that there is no stash to put items away because they'll be gone? I will put this game on hold probably then. This needs patching
Garbage containers are cleaned out on a regular interval to simulate homeless people. If you put it in a secure location, like if we're talking Otradnoye - the safe in the underground room - then it will always be there! We might make like an NPC who warns about storing items in junk containers or something!

Just got a patch.
Where can I find notes for it?

Tonight we're making another patch and it will have a log for everything starting with the first one.

finally have teh time to sit down and play a good time. played staright for 4 hours did most stuff in the first town. found the rat, killed him. that was difficult. had to craft a grenade, and lucked out in some occasions, and finally killed him.

pros:
-love the atmosphere. writing is good, not amazing but it is probably better in native russian.
-lots of skillchecks, very fallout-y. feels like multiple solution to solve quests too.
-the graphics are surprisingly good. the UI look good, the 3D assets and stuff is decent. art direction in general is better than wasteland 2
-lots of "secrets" like getting old man to train you, telling girl who his real father is, etc. nice.
-pretty polished so far.

cons:
-most of the conversation (the one that aren't involved in a quest ) have generic response. it is still interesting that it reveal everyone's backstory, but it feels kinda empty that you can't voice your opinion on matters. other than that, i rarely have any problem with the dialogue in function and aesthethics.
-scrolling based trade UI. if there is anything i really dislike about fallout is the inventory in general. bad decision to copy it almost 1:1 almost. it is a little bit better that it has 2 rows, but still, grid with proper category tabs and sorting would be 1000x better

as usual, after 30 hours or so, i will definitely drop a review.
Thank you! Would be awesome to get a link for it!

Dialogues get a bit complicated as you progress!

10% is a stupid high amount when it comes to losing an attack. Should be 5% to be bearable.

Same with weapon breakage. Luckily it's early game. So it doesn't matter much. If you get lucky with a caravan you will be able to buy something better right at the start.
all RUSTY weapons have 10% to jam! Normal ones do not!

zapotec

Liturgist
When the e VSYNC is disabled, it's automatically re-enabled next time you start the game.

Lhynn

Arcane
Atomboy how come some perks and traits are so incredibly shit?

Lone wolf is amazingly bad. a +2 to a highly build specific attribute, a mere +10 carry weight and a paltry +5 to sequence. Its not good even for a solo playthrough, which would be its purpose. and the drawback is so huge it completely overrides the benefits even at the lowest tier with 1 companion, which granted, you shouldnt be taking it if you are planning on having one, but its absolutely crippling.

The whole perk system would be a lot better as a list instead of a skilltree, it would allow for more interesting builds instead of just specialized ones, would look a lot better and would automatically give actual depth to the whole character system. Just give them level or skill point spent requeriments.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well that was on my part,it was filled with dust and overheated. Funny think,the bolt sockets got fucked while cleaning it up and ended up ducktaping it so it wouldn't fall apart. Now it works fantastic :).

On another topic. What do you do with the prisoner in the bandit camp?
I bought the fucker from the KGB guy,but he doesn't fallow me around on the global map. I also though that he was connected to the car,but he doesn't do anything with it. He says that he will talk wit me once we leave.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy

any ETA on tactical cat companion? :salute:
Dog already in-game, rat planned for the future... A cat is just asking to get between the two!
Atomboy

any plans for key remapping? I'll hold off on playing if so
It's a high priority, but can't name the date. Maybe 3 days, a week or two? We're on various bugs people found. They are getting ridiculous. "If you save as a chicken dies, the game crashes on quickload". How do you even proof your game from such random things?..
I'm getting Wasteland 2 flashbacks with how often my guns jam in a middle of a firefight.
Invest in non-rusted!
I started investing points in pickpocketing. How does stealth work, what does it have to do with anything?
The sneak up on enemies type of Stealth is a passive ability that's always on.

Well that was on my part,it was filled with dust and overheated. Funny think,the bolt sockets got fucked while cleaning it up and ended up ducktaping it so it wouldn't fall apart. Now it works fantastic :).

On another topic. What do you do with the prisoner in the bandit camp?
I bought the fucker from the KGB guy,but he doesn't fallow me around on the global map. I also though that he was connected to the car,but he doesn't do anything with it. He says that he will talk wit me once we leave.
Just take him home! It's the lost mechanic of Otradnoye. You can have a fun dialogue with him when there.
And I'm glad you only had dust. Sometimes they heat up on their own. It's an FPS thing. :(

When the e VSYNC is disabled, it's automatically re-enabled next time you start the game.
Told the guys!

Opening is easy with 7-zip .as flies are renamed .gzip archives and then edit them using notepad + the problem is to compress it back to format which game will accept. There is solution a few posts behind about how to do it in linux but not under Windows. btw How to precede inside the roaring forest when you lack the big gun to those bugs and also throwing skill to use rope?
Just try the utility!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/552620/discussions/1/3374780959399842195/

--------------------------------

I think that's all of them!
Gonna double read the thread again later to make sure! Thanks for feedback guys! Back to game making with me!

Niklasgunner

Savant
Mechanically I really like the game, but there are so many typos, it is ridiculous. then/than mixups, missing words, it's not rare mistakes either, really frequent almost in every long conversation.

bataille

Arcane
I like how having a bottle of vodka with an autopsist yields 16 experience, but agreeing to him putting some date rape drugs in it gives you 500 extra exp. Simulating existential experiences like there's no tomorrow. Gotta get as fucked up as this perestroika by nuclear annihilation allows!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom