Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

razvedchiki

Erudite
well the witcher perk really worths the ability points invested,one burst and blind death/king rat are dead!same for the spider queen.feels like cheating,humans with weapons though still dominate you.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
well the witcher perk really worths the ability points invested,one burst and blind death/king rat are dead!same for the spider queen.feels like cheating,humans with weapons though still dominate you.

That's the next step: For non-muties...take the scoped rifle perk for the 50% crit bonus

Anyway to the developer. I noticed something odd happening in Krasno, this isn't a bad thing per se - but I was doing my usual shopping in the marketplace and noticed the shopkeepers have VERY deep pockets. I sold all the spare guns, armor to them at very good prices. I've never seen junk dealer carry 2000 rubles in his pocket before but it really happened!

Thank you, this makes losing Peregon not hurt so much... but I still lost a major amount of exp. Even the postman is no longer there in Krasno!
So in the end all the rubles were converted to meat and corns for me to eat. That experience must come from somewhere, yes?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You know what they did? They google-translated the game...

This reminfs me so much "russian business" practices ahah.
Turned out it's not specifically Russian, it's just post-Soviet nu-capitalism business practices lol.

One day, however... One day...

:roll:

Well... don't want to upset you... in this age you need to be like Leonardo Da Vinci - code, write, translate, draw....

razvedchiki

Erudite
That's the next step: For non-muties...take the scoped rifle perk for the 50% crit bonus

Anyway to the developer. I noticed something odd happening in Krasno, this isn't a bad thing per se - but I was doing my usual shopping in the marketplace and noticed the shopkeepers have VERY deep pockets. I sold all the spare guns, armor to them at very good prices. I've never seen junk dealer carry 2000 rubles in his pocket before but it really happened!

Thank you, this makes losing Peregon not hurt so much... but I still lost a major amount of exp. Even the postman is no longer there in Krasno!
So in the end all the rubles were converted to meat and corns for me to eat. That experience must come from somewhere, yes?

latest patch added more money to merchants,because people were complaining(and still are) about merchant money,guns etc.the initial economy made sense though,but people gonna people.
really hope they dont push too far and make the starter village merchant carry m-16s etc.

RK47

Patron
Oh, just found out, if you're in city, you can bring up your mini map and click anywhere on it for auto-pathfinding. Very useful!
Just don't do it in dungeons.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Can you have a party in this game that you directely control, or is it just 1 PC like in Fallout?

Also what's the max level?

Its like Fallout 1. Think the lvl cap is 30 but i might be wrong on that

So no party? Really? There was a Lone Wolf perk in character creation though.
But if that is really the case then that's too bad...

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Jesus Christ... I'm never delegating the translation duties to anyone ever again. I though my parts were poorly done... God damn it. She meant sticks. Do you have this saying? Poking sticks into someone's wheel? So that the spokes may break and the victim fall from his donkey cart? Right?

Ahh, yes... the good old "palos en la rueda" (lit. sticks in the wheel) whenever the government wants to accuse other parties of not cooperating in their destruction of the country.

"Son enemigos del progreso - villanos y herejes que consideran su deber sagrado poner palos en la rueda siempre que tienen la oportunidad, en todo proyecto, toda iniciativa social."

Here's a free Spanish translation, that will be 50 cents plus tip.

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
So no party? Really? There was a Lone Wolf perk in character creation though.
But if that is really the case then too bad...
You can have a party of companions and you can control them in some ways. You can issue orders like going to a specific spot or shoot a specific enemy or change their stance to be offensive or defensive.

It's kind of odd at the moment, i swear i tell them to go to a specific spot but sometimes they don't or tell them to shoot a specific enemy but they don't. So yeah, no full control of the companions.

RK47

Patron
Whoops. Died in that Mt. Pass bunker.
Companion aggro 3 of them at once when walking around. Come to think of it, maybe it's best if I take on that place solo next time.
That was one sad way to go.

:negative: Next time I'll leave that Mt. Pass bunker last. It's just too annoying to deal with the party movement when outside combat.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
There's that dude in the Chamber of Commerce telling me to kill the whole Circus. Is there any other way to do the quest(...)?
I waited for half of my current good playthrought to accept this quest. Only did so because of a walkthrough i've found online, and skimmed through.
I don't remember the exact wording, but I think (?) that the questgiver really doesn't give you a choice of how to accept the quest. I was under the impression that the quest is specifically for evil characters.
Atomboy, maybe there is an option to add an additional response? You could use a deceitful (...*Lie*) or hesitant (I'll try my best but I really don't like it) line.
[Maybe there is a good reason why it is worded like that. I still haven't done that much progress with some quest chains. Too little time.]
Thanks for a great game Atomboy and Crew:love:

No! Thank YOU for playing! Seriously! On the circus part, I can't see into the English version right now, but the Russian response that I wrote was supposed to have a meaning akin to "I have now learned that you want me to kill everyone in the circus, but I am not telling you whether I will do it, bye now". I really hope that adding an extra line in there is possible, because if it sounds like you promise the guy you'll do it, it really needs another line with a LIE option or smth. We have many quests where you can simply deny the offer and be off, but also quests where the journal line is added anyway, because the NPC doesn't ask you whether you wanna do something for him, he tells you to do it. But you're still free to not do it!

Its like Fallout 1. Think the lvl cap is 30 but i might be wrong on that
There is no cap!

Can you have a party in this game that you directely control, or is it just 1 PC like in Fallout?

Also what's the max level?
One PC and, depending on your source of information, either a bunch of uncontrollable friend-killing retards, or a helpful gang of loyal companions!
If it ever comes to this, please only use the legally unambiguous ones! :D
Hello Atomboy, if one day you need to translate your game in French, ask me. I am a professional English to French freelance translator, specialized in video games and RPGs.
Noted!

is any other peacefull way to get the car except buying the scrapyard for 120.000 bucks?
Fun fact: Buying the scrapyard was a joke I put into the W40K quest, but the guys actually made it possible to do so. I never thought it would be possible for people to even have that kind of money. I don't know the car quest too well since another dude did it, but to my knowledge, you need to purge the mutants and it's like the only way, apart from that joke way you found, but can you actually get that much money in Atom? Weird...

Hello Atomboy, if one day you need to translate your game in French, ask me. I am a professional English to French freelance translator, specialized in video games and RPGs.

yes let's translate from russian to english and then to french, nothing could go wrong
One time, we asked some fans of the game to translate Otradnoye dialogues into French from my English translation, and I showed it to my mom who is fluent in French, and she said that it was perfectly written. When I asked what the dialogue was about, she said that it was written in a rare mid-xx-century dialect that's basically the French version of Cockney rhyming slang, and it was a guy, who told the protagonist about the souls of wicked children... There is no such character in the original game tho. Broken telephone all the way.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

latest patch added more money to merchants,because people were complaining(and still are) about merchant money,guns etc.the initial economy made sense though,but people gonna people.
really hope they dont push too far and make the starter village merchant carry m-16s etc.
We're juggling stuff really hard right now. On one hand we have our loyal bro players that were with Atom all this time, so we really wanna make the game just how they want it which is hard yet well balanced. On the other hand we have some casual gamers that came over because the game became popular for some weird reason and they want everything to be easy and they are customers too so I wanna make them happy as well. If the middle ground between those groups will never be found, we'll stick to our guns and work for the old-timey fans, but still we gotta at least try pleasing everyone for a few updates! I really hope that the next update will hit the spot for everybody.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Maybe add economy setting at start?
Like a slider which controls the chance of an NPC having nice goods and paper moneys? That's a pretty good idea, but currently we add these things manually to each NPC. Maybe if one of us writes a formula by which the global economy can be regulated, we'll do just that! Thanks!

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Jesus Christ... I'm never delegating the translation duties to anyone ever again. I though my parts were poorly done... God damn it. She meant sticks. Do you have this saying? Poking sticks into someone's wheel? So that the spokes may break and the victim fall from his donkey cart? Right?

In Poland it goes "to put a stick between the spokes" :P

Anyways, Atomboy, what was the dev's intended way of getting the code to Bunker 317 safe?
The 9731
I asked before, but I'm just curious how it's SUPPOSED to be solved.

If it ever comes to this, please only use the legally unambiguous ones!
So no Ghenghis Khan (Tadanobu Asano)? A pity.

One time, we asked some fans of the game to translate Otradnoye dialogues into French from my English translation, and I showed it to my mom who is fluent in French, and she said that it was perfectly written. When I asked what the dialogue was about, she said that it was written in a rare mid-xx-century dialect that's basically the French version of Cockney rhyming slang, and it was a guy, who told the protagonist about the souls of wicked children... There is no such character in the original game tho. Broken telephone all the way.
Broken telephone or not, but it's pure emergent incline!

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Maybe add economy setting at start?
Like a slider which controls the chance of an NPC having nice goods and paper moneys? That's a pretty good idea, but currently we add these things manually to each NPC. Maybe if one of us writes a formula by which the global economy can be regulated, we'll do just that! Thanks!

Mr. Atom
Some stuff to address

1. Party commands OUTSIDE combat
There are some situations when I want direct control of certain character but the game wouldn't let me.
Let me give some examples:
- I want Hex to start the fight at maximum range with his sniper rifle. This could've been useful in open fights. Especially when the main character is pistol/auto rifle build with shorter range.
- I gave the slave girl maximum Lockpicking skill but sometimes her pathfinding is odd and I really want her to not alert passing guards if possible.
- I just want them to stand still at some spot. This is driving me nuts in the Mountain Pass of Woes Bunker. It got me killed when they just open doors and run into mutants on their own. Fidel got disarmed, Hex got knocked down, the slave was dead, I was the last to die.

Solution: Give us direct control outside combat at least. Meaning I switch to Hex and my character will become the follower. Use Hex to take the opening shot then let me revert to my character in combat.

2. Party Equipment control
I just want you to carry that 9.5 kg shield in your pack, not equip it
Hex, I want you to have a pistol on one hand and a sniper rifle on another.
Slave, just carry a super stim on every hand be ready to heal people or your bleeding vagina when needed
Slave, equip the lockpicking kit.

Just telling you some cool stuff that CAN be done assuming party equipment is allowed.

3. Items
I realize Milk & Water bottles are your cheap alternatives to rad/toxin removal, but there's no way a bottle of water weighs 2.1 kgs!
Toolbox: Only tech? I thought tools would make Tinkering much easier? Maybe a +20 to Tinkering as well?
Tea & Coffee: 5 minutes of pretending to be a cultured white plantation owner. Even an onion is worth more than tea!
Water: Why is there only TWO places in the world to refill water canteen?

Gerulas

Novice
Atom-RPG-x64-2019-01-08-15-33-20-87.png

(https://ibb.co/PWbjP27)

Inceptshun!... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom