Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"endurance 1"

but why?
Seems like major masochism. Should be a steam achievement.

Nah, I realize with Speechcraft alone, I didn't even need to fight anything for the first 5 levels.
And once you get to mid game, you can easily afford that medical checkup for +1 Endurance, and some onions for another +2 followed with a blue beret +1.
That'll give you a total of 4 endurance, which isn't too shabby TBH. If things go really extreme, there's also condensed milk powders (+2) and drugs (+4), they're expensive, but lasts longer. All in all, it's entirely possible to get you 10 Endurance from 1 and it'll last for quite some time.

Here she is right now.

tEvszl1.jpg

A small tip
- you dont have to cause lunge cancer at the gov bunker guard in order to pass,if you have completed the election quest you can name drop a politician and the guard will let you pass.

Well, I think you can get past for free if you're working under the Shroomers. She'll need you to handle a pork problem, remember?

Anyways, I got the 49 sticks of cigarette, she's ready to kill.

g1sxcd0.jpg

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a guide how damage is calculated considering weapon and armor characteristic?

I made a thorny armor and the only characteristics it has are dodge reduction and damage resistance and threshold.
Are these mechanics taken exactly from Fallout?
also no armor class stat on the armor

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Is there a guide how damage is calculated considering weapon and armor characteristic?

I made a thorny armor and the only characteristics it has are dodge reduction and damage resistance and threshold.
Are these mechanics taken exactly from Fallout?
also no armor class stat on the armor
I remember us thinking of that mechanic on the spot, basing it on Fallout's stuff but then deciding to change it until unrecognizable, but I can't remember the exact formula. I'll ask around tho.

RK47

Patron
Hey atomboy you sneaky bugger, I encountered a caravan, doing my usual shopping, only to realize I was slowly getting poisoned!
How could this be?! I emptied two water canteens and downed some antidotes. Turns out it's you goddamn GREEN rain doing this.

What a weird feature.
More weird things:
Old Hunting rifle & Hunting Rifle have different bullets?

BQUu22c.png

Inventory - newly added items should be on TOP. Not shoved to the bottom. Lost track of how many times a quest reward was dispensed and I had to scroll all the way down the inventory screen to check what it was.

Any chance of allowing companions' Speechcraft / Survival to help in World Map encounters?
I noticed the dog having Survival 70 but it's not used for any checks.

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
A small tip
- you dont have to cause lunge cancer at the gov bunker guard in order to pass,if you have completed the election quest you can name drop a politician and the guard will let you pass.
I had to put off going to the Chamber of Commerce because of the 3500 rubles entry fee (convinced the guard to reduce the price), but after the elections and i decided to finally go there. I was ready to pay the 3500 rubles and then the guard basically tells me: "You're a friend of Ivan Ivanovich. Please, come in.".

razvedchiki

Erudite
after i held the elections in odranoye,2 blocks form dan the man gang are permantly stationed in the village,i thought that becoming a secrit agent for the head would allow the village to shake off some of the "protection" dan offers.

also im helping dan to find who was behind shishak,i took the debt collector job in order to speak to the boss and i was thinking to keep the money and kill the mobsters or its better to continue with the quest line?

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
after i held the elections in odranoye,2 blocks form dan the man gang are permantly stationed in the village,i thought that becoming a secrit agent for the head would allow the village to shake off some of the "protection" dan offers.

also im helping dan to find who was behind shishak,i took the debt collector job in order to speak to the boss and i was thinking to keep the money and kill the mobsters or its better to continue with the quest line?

You can still find out where the masterminds are if you butcher them all and dig the boss' documents.
I recommend you keep the money. Or else they'll just give you 10% :lol:

RK47

Patron
Hm. I'm having a sneaky suspicion that the Vintorez is regarded by the game as a 'scoped' weapon.
Atomboy can you confirm this? Game really needs clearer descriptions on weapons and ability tree.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Killed them and found good loot on them.

You could sell them your slave before killing them she is useless once you got car and your comrades back packs comrade. But yes you did right thing even Dan says he will start his glorious rule as Comrade Stalin 2.0 by killing them all. :incline: Would vote for him if he run for Comrade President. :salute:

Sloul

Savant
Before Grotesque manage to confuse everyone, because he himself is confused, the info he posted is old.
What you read on armors and weapons in the game is what you get.

If any retard reading this: no AC on armor (duh).

Last edited:

filpan

Scholar
Hm. I'm having a sneaky suspicion that the Vintorez is regarded by the game as a 'scoped' weapon.
Atomboy can you confirm this? Game really needs clearer descriptions on weapons and ability tree.
There's a scoped and a non-scoped version. I had both

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"endurance 1"

but why?
Seems like major masochism. Should be a steam achievement.

Nah, I realize with Speechcraft alone, I didn't even need to fight anything for the first 5 levels.
And once you get to mid game, you can easily afford that medical checkup for +1 Endurance, and some onions for another +2 followed with a blue beret +1.
That'll give you a total of 4 endurance, which isn't too shabby TBH. If things go really extreme, there's also condensed milk powders (+2) and drugs (+4), they're expensive, but lasts longer. All in all, it's entirely possible to get you 10 Endurance from 1 and it'll last for quite some time.
That for one, but maybe more important:
HP isn't that important.
Especially later in the game, you'll meet many enemies that just chew right through any armor doing damage in the ranges of 10-30 with each bullet. And of course they have burst fire. Combat against strong enemies is just very deadly.
In such a situation, it doesn't matter if you have 40 or 120 HP. You'll die if you don't hide behind companions/corners.
While enemies with weaker weapons will mostly deal 0-2 damage per attack if you have good armor.

High endurance also helps with radiation & poison, but so does a gas mask and radiation protection drugs (which will just give you flat 100% protection, no matter your stats, if you take two).

Don't think Endurance does anything else that would be important to a character.
Does it help against being knocked down? In that case, it would be somewhat important for a melee char.

So, surprisingly, Endurance is quite the dump stat for most/all chars if you can manage the early game.

RK47

Patron
Done with Survival.

I still think the HARDEST part of the game is the Bunker under Mountain Pass.
So many bullshit that can happen there if you're not careful. Many times some bloodroot will pop behind us after combat is thought to be over.
The best way to approach this map is just to load up with Vintorez (Kill that guy in Roaring Forest), wear a +10 Stealth cap and slowly advance while bursting the mutants at max range. I must've chain-killed like 10 of them silently. Just ignore everything else and kill every mutant before exploring. Set up a line with SKS-equipped Fidel and Hexogen. Just tell the dog to move behind the riflemen and dispatch bloodroot when it pops out.

Once the Bunker of Woe is over, the hard part is done. There's no more challenge. Simply get Survival 130 and walk past encounters in Dead City. Clear bunch of rats outside Institute, climb down and do the whole 'fool AI' routine.
Return to Krasno, make 2 weed joints and buy 2 perfumes.

This is why PER is important. Bump PER to 9 to bypass a hard fight before the final room. Rest for an hour and just let 11 INT / 199 Speech do the rest.

R0kFGPn.jpg

Start the game with Max Speech for maximum dialogue and questing rewards. Once you can talk your way out of humanoid encounter at 99%, focus on gathering 50x cigarettes, with latest patch, it is VERY easy. Smoke the bunker guard for your AK74 and DT7 Body Armor. Now pump Automatic to 199. Then bump survival to 130.

d0fveaG.jpg

For special ability advancement, it's very straightforward. Go for rifle path, but do not use rifle. Use Automatic instead. Vintorez is more effective with 4AP Aimed/Burst. The ammo is rare, that is why you use AK74 for easier encounters.

c1QuzcR.jpg

With Monster Lore, you can see HP, making it easier to prioritize targets and adjusting ammo use.
Then grab Witcher trait immediately for easier time vs Mutants / Animals.

All three (You, Hexogen and Fidel) should follow the same path for maximum firepower. Fidel can actually out-skill Hexogen eventually.
Thanks for the game, I'm gonna take a break.

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom