Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Atomic Society: Be judge and lawmaker of your own post-apocalyptic city

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just saw the new trailer. Religion is in the game now and you can set policy based on religious freedom. For example, Shintoism might be your colony's official religion, and you might set your policy to exile Protestants, "educate" Satanists, and torture Jehovah's Witnesses. (I counted 24 different religions, you can have a policy for each.)
Are you telling me you can make Satanism your official religion?
Finally!

Do the religions actually differ in anything they do?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are you telling me you can make Satanism your official religion?
Yes, I was pleased to see all 24 religions on the character creation screen. Presumably whatever religion your character is becomes the official religion of the colony.

Do the religions actually differ in anything they do?
Highly doubt it, suspect it's just a label for faction #1, faction #2, ... faction #24. I agree that it would be super awesome for each belief system to carry specific gameplay impact. I haven't actually played the game for months, I like it but want to see it mature into its best playable form before I spend more time on it.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
So did anyone end up playing this? It's on sale and the final version is ready to play (on beta branch now but the update will be made official after the Steam sale)

Had it wishlisted and am curious how it turned out...

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
whoa wait atomic society is technically done now? might as well see how it is compared to how it was back in october 2018

Norfleet

I just saw the new trailer. Religion is in the game now and you can set policy based on religious freedom. For example, Shintoism might be your colony's official religion, and you might set your policy to exile Protestants, "educate" Satanists, and torture Jehovah's Witnesses. (I counted 24 different religions, you can have a policy for each.)
Are Pastafarians and Jedi on the list?

laclongquan

Arcane
I don't think it really was an issue, because people back in those days simply didn't even have the OPTION to try junk-restructuring. Which, incidentally, doesn't apparently do anything for them, because they still end up committing suicide at the same rates as those who do not undergo junk-restructuring.
Worse. If you dont do the operations, your suicide rate is not bad. HIgh, but not as bad, because historically people dont notice such high suicide rate from those troubled individuals, right?

AFTER you do the operation though, the suicide rate is skyhigh. A pro-tran SJW doctor did do tracking and collecting death number among recovering patients of that kind of operation and the sample size is significant enough that he tried to hide the result or mis-interpret away. Codex discover and discuss that sometime in the past, you certainly can search for it.

Alpharius

Scholar
So what is the codex consensus?
Is it shit? :lol:

Was tempted to try it but i've bought too many mediocre games that looked interesting at the first glance recently. :negative:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So what is the codex consensus?
I don't think a lot of us have played it. The early alpha was promising. There are certainly a lot of cool new ideas surrounding setting governmental policies. It's a small studio so I'm sure there's some jank, but you should try it anyway or risk missing something unique.

Looks and sounds an awful lot like Kenshi, with more of a focus on the town building aspects.
The fact that transgender crap is even considered is a terrible, terrible sign. Does your colony reach the 200-300 people necessary to have the 1 trans person that current statistics claim? (Also, the current statistics are wildly high because it's currently a fad)

In a post apocalyptic world, where people have to make hard choices like whether to lynch a suspected rapist, the idea that anyone would give a moment's consideration to a weirdo wanting people to pretend he's a pretty lady is completely laughable. The idea that this little colony that is trying to preserve the human race has time to make policy regarding how to properly coddle the mentally ill is so stupid. It suggests the dev is getting feedback from people who would suggest trans people should be a major factor in a post apocalyptic city builder, which means he's at the very least got terrible judgement, and more likely is an SJW himself.

Still, despite all those red flags I'm desperate for a decent city builder game so I'll keep an open mind. Anyone here play it, any thoughts?

EDIT: No combat, no external threat, no point, ultra short tech tree, yep it's abandonware.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom