Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters
The Real Fanboy
g0gRYio.png
Stardew Valley

RDOfeq4.png
miLuIlE.png
60S5MHI.png
Qu6rZ8a.png
dujavPj.png
Aqgc9SY.png
YTkpg1f.png
iU5Uj31.png
ApFcway.png
YghrFWl.png
TkVP40U.png
IssxB4N.png
8FBuIsV.png
0Aw8c4Q.png
FTfjCep.png
OH29OS7.png
eDjRQHB.png
mLbBdCF.png
baivFsm.png
cHx2zu2.png

https://imgur.com/a/nW3mMSz/zip

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As a matter of fact, right now there would be a golden opportunity to change everyone's avatar to one of the above, randomly of course.

I hope I'll score Erritis' portrait (the yellow haired guy).

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
So the bloodnet avatars I made a few years ago are somewhat blurry. I can remake them if people think the newer ones are substantially better.

Examples:

Old:
bloodnet_050.png
New:
Fz3ymPs.png

Old:
bloodnet_014.png
New:
B5y3YXq.png

Old:
bloodnet_148.png
New:
BMe5URU.png

Old:
bloodnet_164.png
New:
xd3t8XT.png

Old:
bloodnet_037.png
New:
etRHQSO.png

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So the bloodnet avatars I made a few years ago are somewhat blurry. I can remake them if people think the newer ones are substantially better.

Examples:

Old:
bloodnet_037.png

Such an ageist!

Also, I think the older ones are better, sharpness just degrades quality in this particular case.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Improved Icewind Dale 1 avatar gallery using high-res portraits from IWD:EE:

8ofaADK.png

Plus three bonus BG2:EE avatars added in this year's 2.5 patch:

MEg9kRZ.png

And with that I believe I'm all done with the Infinity Engine.

BTW does anybody know which of the IWD portraits were added in Heart of Winter? The wiki says how many but it doesn't specify which: http://icewinddale.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Portraits
You need to bring back the original Icewind Dale 1 avatars and have the HD versions as an option. The HD versions have some sort of smoothing filter placed over them and lack the granular texture of the originals, making them more faggoty and in general gay when compared to the superb original portraits.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Infinitron I don't know how this avatar submissin shit works? What's the pixels that something has to be? And is there a minimum qualification work for a game? Is this how we do it?
GPDnrCA.png

It's from Second Sight, a great game.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron I don't know how this avatar submissin shit works? What's the pixels that something has to be? And is there a minimum qualification work for a game? Is this how we do it?
GPDnrCA.png

96x96 PNGs. Any video game is acceptable. Put them all in a zip file and upload it somewhere (or use imgur like Sailor Woedica I guess). We prefer portraits that have been extracted directly from game files whenever possible.

The Red Knight

Erudite
96x96 PNGs. Any video game is acceptable. Put them all in a zip file and upload it somewhere (or use imgur like Sailor Woedica I guess). We prefer portraits that have been extracted directly from game files whenever possible.
What's the minimal preferred number of avatars (in case he only meant this one)?

_____
ItsChon also if you're missing some pixels in width or height to make it a square, don't stretch the image but instead add transparent bars to the sides.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
GPDnrCA.png

I have done that repeatedly, and nothing happens. What gives?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What's the minimal preferred number of avatars (in case he only meant this one)?
This. Second Sight was pulled from Steam some years ago for some bullshit reason or another. The only way to get it is to just download the game files from whatever website you can find it. I'm not sure the game's original portraits and art come with said files. I barely found this picture of the game's cover art without the title. Infinitron
ItsChon also if you're missing some pixels in width or height to make it a square, don't stretch the image but instead add transparent bars to the sides.
How do I do that? I'm afraid my knowledge ends at copypasting an image into paint and pressing the resize button.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Uh, the "preferred" number is all of them. I mean, if a game has a lot of portraits but you only create one (because you just want that one for yourself and don't care about the others), I'll probably ignore you. But otherwise I don't care how many or few there are.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom