Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
A problem might be that Second Sight doesn't have any avatars. Though those two pictures can be added to the box covers, I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Red Knight

Erudite
ItsChon also if you're missing some pixels in width or height to make it a square, don't stretch the image but instead add transparent bars to the sides.
How do I do that? I'm afraid my knowledge ends at copypasting an image into paint and pressing the resize button.
One step is setting the canvas/paper/work area size to the intended one (so 96x96, or a multiplication of it if the picture is bigger and you'll downsize it later).

The other depends on the program you use:
In Photoshop and Paint.net it's supposedly about creating a new layer for the transparency or deleting everything from the background one.
In GIMP you add alpha channel from the layers menu.
In Photo-Paint you create the outline with mask tools and everything outside the mask will stay transparent in the PNG.

There's no support for transparency in any MS Paint version to my knowledge, but for simple rectangular-shaped transparency you could probably just add it in any image viewer (e.g. in XnView you convert the picture to 32bit and selecting an area and pressing delete will make it transparent).

The Real Fanboy
Any video game is acceptable.

Omg I didn't know that!!!

Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1
g0gRYio.png

ZQ6YIqo.png
TVkvTGe.png
y8bfsYx.png
Yg5DXXF.png
SDdEDp6.png
oX7Ykrl.png
xQgUOIF.png
jUk6Oo2.png
jf9fqqm.png
D75Kbjr.png
rdEanAD.png
2AZhsnZ.png
I8iZpwM.png

https://imgur.com/a/x84uRlW/zip

Bohr

Arcane
Couple more categories still to tick off:
I don't want to see this place polluted with pictures of Tomb Raider, Bloodrayne, any anime character, Britney Spears, some hot model, some dumbass picture of your kid, some dumbass picture of you making a stupid face, some dumbass picture of you looking 'cool', some dumbass picture of your fat and ugly girlfriend, some dumbass picture you found on the internet that you apparently found funny, or some dumbass screencap from a movie that you found to be 'memorable'.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Might as well go back to custom avatars if you're going to let that kind of garbage into the gallery.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
We have Doom and Duke Nukem avatars too and lots of much worse weeaboo faggotry than the Fortnite ones.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Real Fanboy
Honestly we shouldn't put fortnite avatars in, what the fuck :decline:
why not? the stardew valley ones slipped through and they're not even from the game, but from an animu portrait mod lol

Link me to this mod. Sailor Woedica

normie is right

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3202

Yes they're from one of the most popular and coolest mods!

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1839

Wunderbar

Arcane
And if someone wants to add an avatar from non-rpg, then he should write an essay on said game explaining why it's an rpg.
This way we can advance further in defining what RPG is.

The Real Fanboy
Sorry didn't mean to trick anyone with the Stardew Valley avatars it's just such a popular mod I thought it was obvs! Also someone tried to submit other fanmade Stardew avatars way earlier so I thought it was ok!

Jinn

Arcane
In honor of the momentous and fast approaching first ever English release of Romancing SaGa 3, I decided to make some avatars out of the beautiful character artwork. I know at least a few user around here will enjoy and find a use for them.

Infinitron I would be very thankful if you added them to our growing collection of avatars.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0ek9ibtjz96yzz/Romancing_Saga_3_Avatars.rar/file

EDIT: It's a been a couple days and I haven't seen them added. Was just curious Infinitron: if you saw it, if there is a particular reason why not, or if they aren't in the correct format? Got them all at 96x96 PNG I believe. Or the other option being, of course, that you haven't had time to get around to yet.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom