Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I see that animated avatars are thing now. What about animated Fallout sprites?

Like these:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

If yes, I will prepare the archive.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't use these, the sizes are all wrong.

Working with GIFs can be difficult. I might try to do this myself the same way I did the static versions.

Risewild

Arbiter
Well, those gifs are direct rips from the game files. I can see if I can make proper sized ones.
Although I don't have much time so I don't know when they would be ready.

They are still supposed to be 96x96, right?

And another question, the classic fallout games have thousands of animated stuff, each character/critter has several ones depending on the direction they are facing, weapon/attack used, walking, running, armor equipped and what they are doing. Which "facing" direction would it be better for the Codex. I use Vic has my avatar here, he is facing SW. Should I make them all face SW too? This is more complicated than it should be, but it's Fallout were talking about.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, those gifs are direct rips from the game files. I can see if I can make proper sized ones.

And another question, the classic fallout games have thousands of animated stuff, each character/critter has several ones depending on the direction they are facing, weapon/attack used, walking, running, armor equipped and what they are doing. Which "facing" direction would it be better for the Codex. I use Vic has my avatar here, he is facing SW. Should I make them all face SW too? This is more complicated than it should be, but it's Fallout were talking about.

Southeast, like our non-animated sprites: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/avatar-gallery-submission-thread.5138/page-113#post-6713210

Risewild

Arbiter

Southeast, like our non-animated sprites: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/avatar-gallery-submission-thread.5138/page-113#post-6713210
Thanks, I will see what I can do whenever I have some spare time.

A horse of course

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yes, PNGs plz. There is no reason for the image to be a GIF if it's not animated.

There is no difference whatsoever. And my graphics program does not do PNG transparency for some reason.

IIRC Infinitron doesn't mind uneven PNGs with transparency on the sides to make them square if one dimension is 80-something % or more of the longer one.

Yes, that's what I did.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
OK then. We already had a bunch of Wizardry VII avatars, consisting of enemy sprites and a few extras, so I moved those to a separate folder.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Continuing my seditious plot to make the Codex a brighter, happier more colorful place for everyone, here's the next batch of Nintendo themed Icons; Star Fox 2.
Fhf1zjR.png
PiB6yZT.png
wZvE86c.png
fiKfVxl.png
xUImgNY.png
a0YBp61.png
iLsjalc.png
SgwpGyf.png
sRoou0p.png
dIRTPfv.png
3a2XVCJ.png
oiArLsH.png

And I don't know what the Codex's official stance on game assets and source code falling into the hands of the unwashed masses is, but these're from the ongoing Gigaleak. Please disregard if the spreading of 'confidential and sensitive data' is as verboten here as it is elsewhere.
hfFqvyG.png
2jtHPEm.png
rdm6pAk.png
fjrsaQF.png
FDt4Uip.png
YOxiEng.png
B1k793E.png
nWnpKSm.png
NsyTLjW.png
gmnGI7e.png
ZiAxZT3.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom