Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by fallout ranger, Aug 25, 2004.

?

Do you care about custom avatars?

1. Yes, and I want something done about it.

240 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No, just leave it the way it is.

214 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Uploaded all of The Red Knight's avatars posted in this thread over the past year, plus bonus Tyranny avatars:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Replaced the Arcanum portraits with versions extracted directly from the game files, with NPC portraits stretched to 96x96. Turns out there were six of them missing.

[​IMG]

AwesomeButton

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Ok, my 2018 donation to the Codex is secured ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Beamdog avatars, anyone?

BG:EE

[​IMG]

BG2:EE

[​IMG]

BG:SoD

[​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne x 3
    • No x 2
    • Nuke it from orbit x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Erikolaz Educated

Erikolaz
    I trust the Codex is still hard at work implementing the custom avatar functionality, and that it's right around the corner now.

:negative:

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's like they have taken extra special care to alarm us through every bit of their original content that the Enhanced Editions suck giant cock. I wish all companies showed such consistency in following their design goals.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    The ones labeled MANLEY are by Icewind Dale's portrait artist btw.

• Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    I could spot stylistical differences and not all are hopeless, but boy, some look like scraped from the bottom of deviantart's night pot

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. agentorange Arcane Patron

agentorange
    Codex 2012
    Even the Manely ones look clean and banal compared to his work on IWD.

I was thinking of Justin Sweet. Manely's IWD portraits are nothing special either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Updated Baldur's Gate II portraits - now including small NPC portraits.

Shadows of Amn:

[​IMG]

Throne of Bhaal:

[​IMG]

Decado

^ Top  
  13. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  15. Erikolaz Educated

Erikolaz
    Anomen's portrait always reminds me of this guy. Seems like a watered-down version of Blackadder, with a little bit of sincerity and boyscoutiness added in. The expression, voice, and attitude, all and have a certain similarity (in terms of condescension & contemptuousness).

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    Remember: Anomen was a fucking jerk. But he had 16 Wis.

• Balanced Balanced x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    D&D / AD&D Artwork - Larry Elmore

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    D&D 'Red Box' Basic Set (7 portraits), D&D 'Blue Box' Expert Set (2 portraits), D&D 'Green Box' Companion Set (7 portraits), D&D 'Black Box' Master Set, AC10 Bestiary of Dragons and Giants (2 portraits), DL5 Dragons of Mystery (13 portraits), Dragonlance Chronicles 2 Cover, DL7 Dragons of Light (2 portraits), Dragonlance Chronicles 3 Cover (3 portraits), Dragonlance "The Portal", FR5 The Savage Frontier, FR Book of Lairs, CN2 Conan the Mercenary

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Clyde Caldwell

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond, CM9 Legacy of Blood, GAZ3 The Principalities of Glantri, GAZ5 The Elves of Alfheim (2 portraits), GAZ9 The Minrothad Guilds, GAZ14 The Atruaghin Clans, I6 Ravenloft, I10: Ravenloft II: The House on Gryphon Hill, I11 Needle (3 portraits), Dragonlance Kindred Spirits cover, Dragonlance "Flight from Darkenwood", DL14 Dragons of Triumph, Dragonlance "Hands of Doom" (2 portraits), Dragonlance "Dark Queen", FRC1 Ruins of Adventure, FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, FRE3 Waterdeep (2 portraits), FR Adventures, FR Campaign Setting 2nd, WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure, CN1 Conan the Buccaneer, RS1 Red Sonja Unchained (4 portraits), PHBR11 The Complete Ranger's Handbook (2 portraits)

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Jeff Easley

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    D&D 'Red Box' Basic Set (4 portraits), AD&D 2nd Edition Player's Handbook, FR The Ruins of Undermountain, WGA4 Vecna Lives

D&D / AD&D Artwork - Keith Parkinson

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders, H2 The Mines of Bloodstone, I3-5 Desert of Desolation, DL3 Dragons of Hope, Dragonlance "Flight of the Dragon Orb", Dragonlance "Lord Soth's Charge", FR Campaign Set 1st, Lankhmar City of Adventure (2 portraits)

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Zed Duke of Banville We already have a D&D Artwork portrait gallery, is that made redundant by these?

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Only 2 of the 90 portraits I created have counterparts in the existing D&D Artwork gallery:
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aside from that, the existing D&D Artwork gallery contains another four Elmore portraits
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and one Parkinson
    [​IMG]
    plus a few other illustrations that I don't think are by either Elmore, Caldwell, Easley, or Parkinson (though 2 I'm not sure about).
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't know where these two are from, and I'm not sure who illustrated them.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero

^ Top  
  21. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Upload as a zip file. What is OA?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Oriental Adventures. OA2 and OA4 refer to the modules by those codes (Night of the Seven Swords and Blood of the Yakuza respectively), the same way Village of Hommlet is T1 and Skarda's Mirror is x12.

Zip.
    https://my.mixtape.moe/pinwal.zip

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Jacob Hey, it's me, I Patron

Jacob
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Only 7 microissues remaining.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)