Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Avernum 6 Review

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Avernum 6; Spiderweb Software

Due to my infinite generosity I decided to bring news even to the Macintosh owners among you. Therefore I take the freedom to point you to this <a href="http://www.atpm.com/16.04/avernum.shtml">review of Spiderweb's Avernum 6</a> at a site called "About This Particular Macintosh".
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Although I found myself spending a few nights staying up late wandering Avernum and trying to complete some tasks, I still do not like the game genre itself. It is too much work and not relaxing. However, I am sure any fan of RPGs will like Avernum. It is a vast world with many characters to interact with, whether to engage in battle or to get help.
<br>
<br>
There are plenty of things to find to equip your characters with, and they can also improve their skills through learning or trading. If you want, you can carry out side tasks while you try to perform your duties.
<br>
<br>
The graphics are good, though perhaps a bit too dark and eerie, especially with the background sounds. The registration process should be simpler. It may feel like reading a complex novel at times, but there are many forms of help at your disposal to figure things out. If there is one adventure game I want to play, it has to be Avernum 6.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
The game seems to be a bit too exhausting.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14789">RPGWatch</A>

Tails

Arbiter
Graphics are fine, the only thing that really is annoying are avatars, which can be easily replaced.

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Dude basically defined a decent RPG, then said that's why he didn't care for it.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Registration should be simpler? Lolwut?

Anyway, playing the demo right now. Already hooked.

edit: weird, I didn't know different users of the same install gate a different code. Sounds fishy.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Korgan said:
Why the fuck is that guy reviewing something from a genre he hates?

likely because to him (and every other kid with a keyboard) the genre is defined by games like Mass Effect. which is the fault of the developers who keep attaching the name of the genre to games which don't belong there or using catch-phrases like "RPG Elements"...because let's face it, soon enough that's about all we're going to get out of games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom