Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bad News: Chaos Chronicles development on hold due to legal trouble with bitComposer

FeelTheRads

Arcane
In before skyway and his ' publishers are awesome' mantra.

It happened because Chaos Chronicles was not original enough and publishers always want to have the most original thing ever.

Jashiin

Arcane
29o49dd.jpg

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is some fucking bad news.
I really hope they will be able to resolve this, and the game will be released.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope this does get released so everyone can see it for the shovelware it is. bitComposer can be like "We tooooooold you"

Mortmal

Arcane
I suggest they just torrent it and give us a paypal address to send them money, problem solved. That was a game i was really looking forward, as much if not more than project eternity and torment , it was too good to be true once again.Legal trouble it could be years of delay at best , its catastrophic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope this does get released so everyone can see it for the shovelware it is. bitComposer can be like "We tooooooold you"
Are you implying that bitComposer would not release showelware to make some quick buck? Because, well, haha.
Are you suggesting they refuse to release it because it's too good?

Indranys

Savant
This is my most anticipated game of the year for fuck's sake!!! :mad:

:mob:
Someone need to send Mr Skyway to negotiate with Bitcomposer ASAP!
Maybe his wise and insightful words can move Bitcomposer's heart to be a fair, benevolent, most kind publisher like the others in the industry.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you implying that bitComposer would not release showelware to make some quick buck? Because, well, haha.
Are you suggesting they refuse to release it because it's too good?
Who knows why publishers do shit, but I do know that terrible games get released every day.

Stabwound

Arcane
I don't know how these matters work, but is there any chance they could take their current work and launch a kickstarter to finish it? They'd have to show some pretty substantial progress to get me to pledge, but I'd much rather them go this route than have the game canned.

This is really shitty.

Cynic

Arcane
So it's time to DDOS the bit composer site yeah? Someone get 4chan onto it.

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
That is not Larian, that is me, as a fan of RPGs :( That one looked like the shit I wanna play in my free time, for fun.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Larian are inseparable bros who (like the Musketeers) live by the motto "all for one, one for all", so Roguey's argument is invalid :)

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Haha, that is what you get when you discuss an agreement with your current publisher over the fourth beer.

[filthy bench in Bavarian pub]
bC staff: "YyoooUUU knnowww... hikk... we fucked up a bit with JA ...hiKk..., but we will let you guys working on your new shit... hiKk..."
devs: "...hiKK... rreaalyy?.... rrrrighttt, no worry....hiKK... Can we do our own game and shit?
bC staff: " OH Yes, feel freeee.... HiKK..., BUT...
devs: "Cool, see you, I gonna puke... Hikk.... Bleeeeeeahhh........

Next day:

[devs Skype conference]
devs: "Guys, guys!!! We have a deal wih bC!!!!! Let's announce it in the Internet that we are free!!!!

[meanwhile in bC office]
bC1 boss: "So, you've been drinking yesterday?... Again?....
bC staff: "Sorry boss. Bussiness as usual. No harm done..."
bC1 boss: "Good".

Year after:

[devs office]

devs: ":rage:"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom