Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bad News: Chaos Chronicles development on hold due to legal trouble with bitComposer

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm actually upset about this. I would have liked to see the final results of this game.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Could it be possible bC moved his investment from Coreplay to Loogic Artist?
Collaboration between bC & Loogic Artist was announced in early April while last development info about CC was about the monetary system & the design of th UI at the same period
We never get the UI update, so I guess it's around this time things went wrong:
We are currently working on finishing the 2D graphic elements - as soon as we've finished those we'll post a small blog entry about the UI (including screenshots).

just a coincidence?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Chaos Chronicles easily has a wider audience and a bigger potential than Conquistador, so I highly doubt that's the case.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I'm itching to suggest petitioning the Bavarian King, seeing as Bavarian taxpayer's money is on the line.
But I want CC to come back to life, so I worry posting the King's contact information on the codex. The codex being what it is it'd probably just make things worse...
Conundrum.

For some reason, I never really believed that CC would be released. Still, it's a pity. :decline:

I wonder, does their contract prevents them from going to Kickstarter? And who owns the assets, code, and game name?

Cynic

Arcane
The game name was probably one of the most unoriginal ever so if they change that it's fine.

kaizoku

Arcane
someone sacrifice some first borns

maybe that will appease the gods

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yawn. Skyway wannabe. Sounds retarded.
Yeah, you'll notice they didn't actually say they were fucked by evil publishers or anything like that. They just said the publishers stopped the development. They didn't actually blame that on anybody. It could very well be their fault, or it could be that of the publishers.
Maybe make a difference between them and the people posting on forums.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
In September 2012, one of the founders and managing partners of Coreplay left the company—and this was a real surprise for us. Shortly thereafter, the former managing partner’s shares were taken over by a lawyer and an investor. From this point on, there have been differing opinions concerning the previously agreed contracts and the future form of cooperation.
Dealing with publishers is bad enough. Throw in lawyers and investors and it becomes a nightmare.

The Codex needs to get a statement from Coreplay.

Jashiin

Arcane
SatanLawyer.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
In September 2012, one of the founders and managing partners of Coreplay left the company—and this was a real surprise for us. Shortly thereafter, the former managing partner’s shares were taken over by a lawyer and an investor. From this point on, there have been differing opinions concerning the previously agreed contracts and the future form of cooperation.
Dealing with publishers is bad enough. Throw in lawyers and investors and it becomes a nightmare.

Yes. Paradigms are being shattered here, codex taught me that publishers are evil monsters and solely responsible for videogames being shit

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Yes. Paradigms are being shattered here, codex taught me that publishers are evil monsters and solely responsible for videogames being shit

MetalCraze must be made aware of this!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Your learning skills are probably shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom