Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Rumors [CONFIRMED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Really, though, think about it: people love the writing/stories from BG, and a sequel to that is just going to piss people off. Dragonspear is a good example of this; I don't think people would have been happy with that regardless of quality because it's fucking with characters they care about.

What do people love about Icewind Dale? Combat and good encounters, and a story that gets the hell out of your way. Perfect for modern CRPG developer, all you have to do is make tough fights and put snow everywhere and you're good. Don't even have to write party dialog!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Funny how many of you nimrods worm out of the woodwork when BG3 gets mentioned. even 'tards I've not seen posting before. so many newfags! For a moment, I felt like i was on RPGWatch where most of you should be wallowing.

Aren't you happy with your current gen crap like the Kickstarters that claim to be BG spiritual successors?

I hope BG3 comes out for one reason and one reason alone: it will get more people playing the first two, which means more hits for my blog.

But I wouldn't play it like you desperados.

What a disgrace you all are. SHAME.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny how many of you nimrods worm out of the woodwork when BG3 gets mentioned. even 'tards I've not seen posting before. so many newfags! For a moment, I felt like i was on RPGWatch where most of you should be wallowing.

Aren't you happy with your current gen crap like the Kickstarters that claim to be BG spiritual successors?

I hope BG3 comes out for one reason and one reason alone: it will get more people playing the first two, which means more hits for my blog.

But I wouldn't play it like you desperados.

What a disgrace you all are. SHAME.

You wouldn’t play it because you no longer enjoy playing RPGs. By the way, that was a depressing revelation. I write about things I don’t enjoy purely to get more eyeballs, too, but that’s because my employer pays me. And hey, if your blog helps pay the bills, that’s great. But let’s have no illusions here: when we write about subjects we have expertise in but no passion for, purely to grab eyeballs, we are hacks. I beg you, if you’re going to blog about your hobby, pick a hobby you still like!

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
"Please read my lowly shitposts and witless jabs at Lilura. I need it. I don't even have a blog and I have no impact at all!" - Tigranes , in this sphere, a non-entity, a Nothing.

But let’s have no illusions here: when we write about subjects we have expertise in but no passion for, purely to grab eyeballs, we are hacks.

That is not the definition of a hack. And that's not what I do.

Well Owlcat isn't happening (alas), if it's inEptile or Obsidian - it's going to suck, the only half-decent option is Larian, but idk. Doubt anything good will come out of this.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even if BG3 is in the works AND it is a proper RPG like we want it to be AND it is being made by people who have the budget & skill to make it right... Who cares at this point. It is a pie in the sky, compared to Kingmaker, which is a few (big) patches away from being the BG3 we need right now.

Get on with it, Owlcat!

Murk

Arcane
BEvers

Boobles, that you?

re: topic -- I fucking hope not. Let the name and the franchise remain, Beamdog raped it's corpse enough.

I'd rather Larian stick to working on their own ideas and keep trying new things. Just get better writers than whoever they put on OS2.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
BG3 sounds great, but i hope it's not too much like OS2. Maybe they should hire a smaller studio to do it old-school.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Even if NWN 3 is in the works AND it is a proper RPG like we want it to be AND it is being made by people who have the budget & skill to make it right... Who cares at this point. It is a pie in the sky, compared to Kingmaker, which is a few (big) patches away from being the NWN 3 we need right now.
fixed

I like the game too, but BG it is not.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Just so everyone knows the score, Tigranes' claim to fame is what's linked to in his sig: a written Let's Play of Baldur's Gate on the Obsiditard forums.

Where, btw, he has nearly 11,000 posts.

That's right, Tigranes posted a Let's Play on the Obsiditard forums instead of on the 'Dex. He also has more posts on the Obsiditard forums than on the 'Dex. Over 3,000 more.

What a faggot.

In contrast, I have 1 mil views per year blog packed with authoritative BG write-ups that people are gonna be referencing for the next 10 years at least. I also don't post on the Obsiditard forums.

Thus, Lilura wins and Tigranes loses.

Just so everyone knows the score, Tigranes' claim to fame is what's linked to in his sig: a written Let's Play of Baldur's Gate on the Obsiditard forums.

Where, btw, he has nearly 11,000 posts.

That's right, Tigranes posted a Let's Play on the Obsiditard forums instead of on the 'Dex. He also has more posts on the Obsiditard forums than on the 'Dex. Over 3,000 more.

What a faggot.

In contrast, I have 1 mil views per year blog packed with authoritative BG write-ups that people are gonna be referencing for the next 10 years at least. I also don't post on the Obsiditard forums.

Thus, Lilura wins and Tigranes loses.

Congrats you win nothing

Mortmal

Arcane
Well Owlcat isn't happening (alas), if it's inEptile or Obsidian - it's going to suck, the only half-decent option is Larian, but idk. Doubt anything good will come out of this.
Larian denied it . Inxile ? fargo would have said it, obsidian or some very shitty third rate studio.Well that doesnt prevent us to click on lilura's blog link, she will feel a lot better to have IP from all around the world, its a bit like doing humanitarian help.

Don Peste

Arcane

Obviously meaning Microsoft is buying Obsidian to put them to work on #BGIII.
NeglectedSoftIcelandichorse-small.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom