Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
So, looks like BGT is officialy confirmed to beat the shit out of anything BGEE team spits out. Which reminds me I need to reinstall BG. Any obligatory mods I should install or avoid?

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
So, looks like BGT is officialy confirmed to beat the shit out of anything BGEE team spits out. Which reminds me I need to reinstall BG. Any obligatory mods I should install or avoid?
Get swordcoast stratagems, unfinished business, questpack,and virtue. AVOID EVERY SINGLE MEGAMOD AND NPC MOD! There's also Tutu and BGT.

waywardOne

Arcane
Here you go, bros.

You'll need to register. Then wait for 'approval'. There's an influx of 3e/pf retards who have joined forces with the grimdark emofags. I'm afraid there are too many of them to counter at this point.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Here you go, bros.

You'll need to register. Then wait for 'approval'. There's an influx of 3e/pf retards who have joined forces with the grimdark emofags. I'm afraid there are too many of them to counter at this point.

Why even "fight" them? The Baldur's Gate saga is fine as it is. Why fight for crap like this "remake" when we can just replay the original ones?

waywardOne

Arcane
Why even "fight" them? The Baldur's Gate saga is fine as it is. Why fight for crap like this "remake" when we can just replay the original ones?

It's like a class reunion and you might be able to affect whether that chick you fucked when you were 17 will still be fuckable.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

If you're really going to install it, I can throw a modlist your way (I have a pretty well-tested list with install order). Just let me know.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger

Yeah, exactly. Judging from what we've seen so far, it's going to be as good as some of the mediocre BG mods. No need to bother with it then.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Put a '@' in front of their user name.

Also, I found out my list was only for BG2 :oops:

I usually install BG1 with BGT and a load of mods, and then a complete reinstall with another bunch of mods when transitioning to BG2 (because it avoids conflicts and keeps the installs cleaner).

But I can send my BG2 one no problem. Dunno where my BG1 has disappeared to.

Johannes

Arcane
NPC mods for BG(2) are fine. You don't have to do anything with the NPCs if you don't want to, but it gives you the option to recruit more cannon fodder when you need it - if you have a party of less than 6, just take one of them with you and let them eat the first attacks of a tough enemy.:smug:

It's both advantageous tactically, and pleasing storywise as well.

canakin

Cipher
So, I have decided to give Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 a shot since I have lots of free time nowadays. But before I start I thought it would be wise to ask around for some necessary mods, like high-res patches and sorts. What do you guys say?

edit: Oh, and i have the gog.com version if that matters.

Ashery

Prophet
The BG/IWD ironman thread that gets bumped frequently has several suggestions in the first post. I'd actually be playing BG1 at this very moment, but my third disk is badly scratched and a couple of the files are unable to install. My planned BG1 mods were EasyTutu (latest versions contain Baldurdash) and the AI improvements.

If anyone's able to host these three files from CD3, I'd appreciate it:

AREA490X.bif
AREA5000.bif
AREA5500.bif

(Sorry to hijack your thread with this request.)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've got the mods to UNsuggest.

Basically any romance/new companion mod except BG1 npc project.

Also, these mods, since they tend to be made by people new to BG modding, tend to be full of bugs.

joeydohn

Savant
I've got the mods to UNsuggest.

Basically any romance/new companion mod except BG1 npc project.

Also, these mods, since they tend to be made by people new to BG modding, tend to be full of bugs.

Also BiG World/Never Ending Journey, I've not played much of it but now knowing what it is I think I'd get bored and never finish it.

The BG/IWD ironman thread that gets bumped frequently has several suggestions in the first post. I'd actually be playing BG1 at this very moment, but my third disk is badly scratched and a couple of the files are unable to install. My planned BG1 mods were EasyTutu (latest versions contain Baldurdash) and the AI improvements.

AREA490X.bif
AREA5000.bif
AREA5500.bif

These are the files from my unmodded BG1 install, but I've also got smaller files with the same name in a BG2 BGT install subfolder called CD5.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6x3gllo5fns81b

ChristofferC

Magister
Fixpack, tweakpack, unfinished business, widescreen mod. Maybe scs. If it's not the first time you play, maybe item randomizer to change things up a little. I like spell revisions but a lot of people probably don't.

Ashery

Prophet

AREA490X.bif
AREA5000.bif
AREA5500.bif

These are the files from my unmodded BG1 install, but I've also got smaller files with the same name in a BG2 BGT install subfolder called CD5.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6x3gllo5fns81b

:love:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It truly is a masterpiece. I once had it recommended to me and never ever regretted playing it.

Black

Arcane
Temple of Elemental Evil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom