Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Tigranes

Arcane
That's what I mean - the pre-Slayer hell Irenicus is just an interlude, more or less. The SCS Slayer can be crazy in terms of sheer damage and APR, and from memory Prot. Mag Wpn didn't seem to work on it? (Were the claws +4?)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm 100% sure that Protection from Magical Weapons works against Slayer Irenicus. Of course, we all have our own mod installations, but I don't think I had anything other than SCS and aTweaks that would change that fight. I vividly remember once when Irenicus cast Time Stop and attacked my mage. When the contingency with PfMW kicked in, Irenicus instantly changed target and attacked someone else instead.

Also, improved Irenicus in Spellhold component makes that fight quite interesting, as Irenicus summons perfect clones of your characters, equipment included, and has all his HLAs and 9th level spells. Your only saving grace will be those high-level asylum mages that help you.

hell bovine

Arcane
I've never heard of it in all my years of aTweaks, SCS, etc.

Elfcity Irenicus can often be a pushover, really, though that depends on your mod loadout; mainchar transformed alone seems to mostly take care of him in vanilla. It's a different story in hell.

Non-Slayer Irenicus is not that hard. Perth the Adept was actually harder than Spellhold Irenicus. The Slayer version of Irenicus if the only scary one IMO, even without the SCS component (it was removed at one point).
What was removed from SCS (several versions ago) was the SCS-ified Tactics version of the final hell battle.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Another rare bug, maybe related to the Sarevok bug: the Plane Pocket ability disappeared. Resting doesn't work.
No easy way to fix it, but I edited some useless scroll - Ghoul Touch - to give the Pocket Plane innate when read, and it works. Only problem is that the ability keeps disappearing after a while, so I will probably have to edit in a whole scroll case of those scrolls.

Tigranes

Arcane
hell bovine's explanation seems to do it - I'm pretty sure a lot of my SCS runs used the Tactics-based Irenicus (as well as, bloody hell, improved ascension later on). It would sometimes get so crazy that you could hardly tell what buffs the fuckers had, what was repelling what, and how they were getting past your defences.

If you know the item code for the scroll, youc an use ingame console - CreateItem("SCRL####, 99").

The improved Spellhold Irenicus is very fun. The party clones often seem a lot more dangerous than the ones you get in the Pocket Plane (which I don't think were exact copies?).

Man, my memory's failing on a lot of this, I should fire it up again - but I'm fooling around with the Level 1 IWD party first.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Grrr, more ToB bugs!
Aerie's Minor Sequencer ability button disappeared, but much worse: Melissan didn't appear after I killed Gromnir. :argh:

EDIT:
Was able to CLUA Melissan in and initiate the correct dialogue, but she cuts off at "he is a powerful fire giant to begin with" and then nothing else happens. I can't initiate dialogue with her and going back to the Pocket Plane and leaving still takes me back to where I left. :rage:

EDIT 2:
CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("MelissanYagaKillJob","GLOBAL",1)
seems to have fixed the problem. I'm now able to travel to the Yaga-Shura map.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Gromnir battle turned out be rather easy without the SCS component installed, even without any buffing.
Keldorn + WW, Sarevok and Anomen ganged up on Gromnir, Imoen backstabbed the two melee guys and CHARNAME and Aerie took care of the mages with Storm of Vengeance and Holy Smite.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
My game is definitely broken, and it happened after ToB started.
I had to export the ToB World Map into my save game, and use an AI script (since CLUA won't take the commands) to make the new areas appear on the map. :roll:

I wonder if I will be able to finish this game at all.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Damned that Demon Wraith in WK is annoying. He seems to be 90% resistant to everything, and has Contingencies and Spell Sequencers the moment his Stoneskins goes down. And his slaves has death + level drain attacks and are in the way when trying to get to the demon.
I refused to buff for this fight, but I eventually found out that making a stand in a corner might be the best option. It worked out better than I thought when Sarevok insta killed him with the Silver Sword.
Was disappointed by only getting 20,000 XP, though.

I think I'll head back to Yaga-Shura now.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Heh, Melissan appeared after I killed Yaga and spouted the lines she was supposed to say after defeating Gromnir. :roll:
Fortunately I was able to talk to her again, and the Solar also appeared, so it looks like my game has de-bugged itself, so to speak.

I did not install the ToB SCS components since I haven't played ToB before, and Ascension is supposed to make things quite a bit harder, but both Gromnir and Yaga were pushovers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's probably the game's way of telling you to stop. The quality drop in every aspect of the game when playing TOB is so jarring, I could never replay it to the end.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, it becomes somewhat of a grind. The Saradush sewers is probably the worst area in the whole game.

But I spake to soon. The Improved Oasis didn't work, so I'm starting to suspect Ding0's Quest Pack being the problem mod since it contains both
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Hell Trials: v3.2 BWP Fix
and
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only: v3.2 BWP Fix

hell bovine

Arcane
Considering you've already done WK, it's not that long until the end, and the final battle with Ascension installed makes for a memorable ending (to an otherwise boring expansion).

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I've only done half of WK yet, as I found it quite a bit harder than the (non-SCS) ToB bosses.
The Demon Wraith was especially nasty.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Dialogue is definitely broken in my game. The dialogue with the Impisoned One didn't fire, so I had to use console/AI Scripts.
Also, any spell cast on the overland WK map would end the quest, even before entering the Keep!

The showdown with Balthazar and Melissan seems to have worked properly, though.
And once again the Storm of Vengeance spell was extremely effective, disrupting Melissan's spell casting when in Time Stop mode (Balthazar seemed to be immune to the ravages of Time, though).
She started with Imm: Divination and Mislead and had a high magic resistence, but detecting traps, Spell Trigger with three Lower Resistance once the illusion was dispelled, and Storm of Vengeance worked swimmingly on her.

But I'm sure that in true Irenicus style I've not seen the last of the annoying cunt.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I'm getting close to the end now, I think.
Just killed Draconis on first try with no buffing (I don't have Improved Abizigal installed, so maybe he was weakened), and frankly playing with only one Mage - one who's even not single class and still can't cast lvl 9 spells - has not been the problem I feared it would be. The most problematic battle was probably the Twisted Rune, where more debuffing power would have helped.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I've not seen the last of the annoying cunt.

Speaking of Lilura, someone seems to have woken up in a bad mood today.

f1s1kE7.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Lilura is a sad cunt. Also that bug with the djinn is weird. I have the same thing with some prostitute called Rose Bouquet, I see her in many different places and there are 10 copies of her.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Yeah, it becomes somewhat of a grind. The Saradush sewers is probably the worst area in the whole game.

But I spake to soon. The Improved Oasis didn't work, so I'm starting to suspect Ding0's Quest Pack being the problem mod since it contains both
and
~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue Enhancement Only: v3.2 BWP Fix

I think you might be right about Ding0 Tweaks. I never install Ding0 Tweaks and have not had the dialogue problems you're having.

I usually grind Fire Giants when starting ToB to max out all my characters/ class change my PC. You just leave your PC on while you watch a movie or take a nap, when you wake up you're at max xp.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I'm at the end of Throne of Bhaal, and it's Bodhi and Jon fucking Irenicus yet again? How trite. And how pathetic Bodhi is when not immune to Destroy Undead.
I bet the next thing will be Melissan summoning all the dead Bhaalspawn in the final fight.

and

I think you might be right about Ding0 Tweaks. I never install Ding0 Tweaks and have not had the dialogue problems you're having.

When I googled for an answer someone else had a similar problem due to a bad transfer from SoA to ToB when using BGT. Apparantly you are supposed to start a new game of Throne of Bhaal and load up the Final Save instead of just playing on.

But I think I will avoid DQuest next time to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
And predictably enough The Five appeared again in the final fight of ToB. But surprsisingly, unlike Bodhi and Irenicus, they were touger than their previous incarnations. Illasera was a major PIA with her bow and I'm still not sure what kind attacks she was making, and Yaga Shura suddenly has 95% physical resistance and they all seemed to have more magic resistance than before.

It's in battles like this the RTwP system breaks down, with there being so much happening, characters moving so fast, and layers upon layers of spell protections, triggers and contingencies, that's it's almost impossible to keep track of what each character is doing.

But funny enough, while The Five have godlike AI with godlike powers, Balthazar was completely useless. He managed to stay alive, I'll give him that.

I was so sick and tired of this game, when Irenicus and Bodhi were reduced to trash mobs that you kill for the fifth time, and then you fight Gromnir&CO yet again that after a while I just rolled my eyes and CTRL-Y'ed through half the battle.

I'll probably make another try and win the fight fair and square, though.

hell bovine

Arcane
Ascension is a fight where autopause is very, very useful. It is easier (but by no means easy) if you delegate your toons to dispatch the five separately, e.g. Illasera can be defeated by a character wielding the reflection shield, Yaga sura is susceptible to ice, and so on. Don't bother with time stop, Mel comes out to play if you do.

With scs installed on top of it, I've had my main character bravely hiding at the bottom, just summoning distractions & raising the rest of the party. Of course this meant that at some point every fighter was meleeing without armor, but through the resurrection wand spam the party eventually perserved. :lol:

Interestingly enough, the strongest summons turned out to be the elemental princes, who had far more staying power than planetars. Second best distraction was Mazzy, thanks to her shorty saves and resistance gear. Of course, if you play evil or don't care about alignment, Korgan is even better.

Moral of the story: shorty races rock, which is why the devs created so many elf and human companions for hire instead.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Interestingly enough, the strongest summons turned out to be the elemental princes, who had far more staying power than planetars. Second best distraction was Mazzy, thanks to her shorty saves and resistance gear. Of course, if you play evil or don't care about alignment, Korgan is even better.

Moral of the story: shorty races rock, which is why the devs created so many elf and human companions for hire instead.

Finch.jpg
quayle.gif
tiax.gif
jan.gif
GNOMES! BEST!

mazzy.gif
montaron.gif
alora.gif
HALFLINGS!#2!

minsc.gif
HAMSTERS! #3!

kagain.gif
yeslick.gif
korgan.gif
DWARVES! NOT BAD!

aerie.gif
viconia.gif
jaheira.gif
ELVES! SLUTTY! ROMANCEABLE!

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
What bug?

In Irenicus's dungeon there is a Djinn that pops up when you reach a certain point. He appeared and gave me the quest as normal. But then I was passing by that place later and a second one appears, and then I passed again and a third guy appeared. And then when I went to the basement through the locked door and you are out on weird platforms, I reach the end and the same djinn is there with the same quest. I completed it once so all is good, but seeing him 4 times was weird.

Having a lot of fun though. Nearly out of the dungeon.

I've encountered this bug once in my multi game. It has something to do with NPCs being removed from the map.
There's a regular cloning which may occur when hostiles are chasing after you to another location.
And there's that fucking Dungeon Djin + some random NPCs. No idea how that bug works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom