Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Parabalus

Arcane
Yes, i'm just doing BG:EE and BG2:EE later on their own. Isn't the EET still in beta? I'm weary of that shit. I also never cared about turning BG1 and BG2 into one game. Never saw the point.

That was my exact thought process as well, the install prior to the EET I just had modded BG:EE, but I gave it a go and actually spent less time fiddling with the mods than I did on just the BG:EE prior install.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mmmh, maybe i should wait until they roll out this 2.5 patch to see what happens to mods then.

I think i'll replay IWD instead. Where there ever any interesting mods for this? Never even bothered looking. I'd like to try to make the game more challenging but Heart of Fury mode is just too retarded.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
BTW, in case anybody has problems with SCS (like i do), what you have to do is copy all the files from the Big World Fixpack after copying the files for all the mods but before installing them, making sure to ovverride the weidu.exe as well. Once patched, the SCS installation finished without an itch. By they didn't put the related fixes in the SCS package itself, is beyond me. Before all that you have to run a thing called Mod Merge, forgot i mentioned it already.

I played through BG1/2 EE last fall using BWS with SCS and some other stuff without any issues. They must have "patched" things since then.

Twizman

Scholar
I had a memorable moment, nighttime at the top of that waterfall in the flowers. Kivan started talking about his homeland Shilmista. It was beautiful.

KK1001

Arbiter
So got my hands on some non-enhanced editions. What are the definitive mods for each?

Twizman

Scholar
Hi KK1001 these are your essential mods for BG1 non-enhanced.
In the following install order: install BG1 and BG2, BGTutu, BG2 Fixpack, Degreenifier (to be safe some computers make the water green), BG1 NPC Project, BG Sword Coast Stratagems, BG Tweaks.
I also like Coran enhanced dialogue. If you want to doublecheck install order check cmorgan's post at Gibberlings III.

A lot of people will recommend X number of different mods or big install pack stuff, but this list has the very best mods and isn't overly long to get through your choices during installation. I always play with just those mods for my own playthroughs. : )

Last edited:

Ulfhednar

Savant
So PoE 2 didn't really scratch the IE itch the way I hoped it would. Gonna mod up an EET game instead. Haven't done a modded BG game in at least 5+ years and a lots changed in the modding scene. Last time I used the classic GOG games, so will see how EET goes.

I found this:
https://baldursextendedworld.com/
Basically BWS tool exclusively for BG:EE/BG2:EE/EET/IWD:EE/PST:EE in case anyone is interested.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Hi KK1001 these are your essential mods for BG1 non-enhanced.
In the following install order: install BG1 and BG2, BGTutu, BG2 Fixpack, Degreenifier (to be safe some computers make the water green), BG1 NPC Project, BG Sword Coast Stratagems, BG Tweaks.
I also like Coran enhanced dialogue. If you want to doublecheck install order check cmorgan's post at Gibberlings III.

A lot of people will recommend X number of different mods or big install pack stuff, but this list has the very best mods and isn't overly long to get through your choices during installation. I always play with just those mods for my own playthroughs. : )

I'm saving this list for later. Haven't played in 10+ years, the homecoming will be glorious.

Jason Liang

Arcane
If you are playing a Ranger or Druid, there is a cool animal companion mod. It's sort of munchkin, but it's still cool to have one as a Ranger or Druid.

Also Finch NPC.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

So PoE 2 didn't really scratch the IE itch the way I hoped it would. Gonna mod up an EET game instead. Haven't done a modded BG game in at least 5+ years and a lots changed in the modding scene. Last time I used the classic GOG games, so will see how EET goes.

I found this:
https://baldursextendedworld.com/
Basically BWS tool exclusively for BG:EE/BG2:EE/EET/IWD:EE/PST:EE in case anyone is interested.
Sucks that EET requires Siege Of Dragonshit

I wouldn't touch the stuff by Roxanne and I wouldn't touch sandrah saga not even if you payed me 500 dollars for hour I played BG: Roxanne touches mods that aren't hers, so you'll have npcs with dialogue added by her and not endorsed by the author of their npc mods himself\herself.

Not to add that:
> she actually creates fake account all around to endorse her own mods. She has that behaviour even on her own forum!
> She actually clashed with Alien (guy that mantained BWS) and was removed by the position he had on BWS not before having made a mess --> in fact BWS is now forsaken and abandoned by even Alien.
> She doesn't like being criticized and will ignore every opinion about Sarah and actually dismiss everything said just to say how good her mod is

Link if you want to waste a bit of your time:

1) First, a list of all different akas she uses on the .net. She was not even able to actually hide it.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70519/roxanne

2) A topic where she, with her own fake accounts, endorses her own stuff:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64857/sandrah-saga-for-eet/p1

3) True reviews on how bad sandrah is:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72016/has-anyone-tried-sandrah-saga#latest

Addenda: ah there is even another thing, that I didn't tell you. Sandrah goes around apparently "fixing" all the mods that don't support EE and not only that. The issue is that by fixing she claims to be the author of these mods and not only that, she actually voids the mod of their own content to actually add them on top of sandrah saga and actually changes the dialogues of these mods and how things go!!
Check the post By LavaDelVortel on the sixth page of this topic:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64857/sandrah-saga-for-eet/p6

TL;DR: Don't use the baldur's extended website stuff. Author is a psycho. Many mods have been changed in dialogues and content. Author has 200 nicknames where she endorses her own stuff. Forum itself is probably 5-8 genuine account and 200 of author's aka

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Who cares?

Her website has almost... no views.

This is such small-time slime maneouveuring compared to commercial publisher antics.

Fact you typed up a whole post about some anonymous no-namer just goes to show what a no-lifer you are.

No, I just want to avoid people going for EE to experience the original stuff, instead of getting watered down version of stuff without even knowing.

It's called kindness.

Ah, beside, given that she also touches not-EE version, you actually have to care about this, because not having EE doesn't make you immune from her warping mods around :)

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
No, I just want to avoid people going for EE to experience the original stuff

How honorable.

It's called kindness.

Yes, you really are kind by not going after this person.

given that she also touches not-EE version, you actually have to care about this

Odd how I don't care, isn't it. Especially since I'm the only commentator who preserves original-version narrative. Maybe it's because this is a tiny, insignificant thing that isn't worth airing?

1) Yup, but you don't understand one thing. You are no one, exactly like I'm no one, exactly how everyone in this forum is no one. If you were someone, you wouldn't be here posting.

--> You don't care because all you can do is just use three of four mods and actually claim yourself the preserver or defender of baldur's gate.

--> Also, don't warp my words. I'm not going after that person, I'm just saying that everything she released is actually harming the mods community.

Beside, I find you extremely silly today. Have you got your period? You should avoid using internet and actually stay inside your bed waiting for it to end

TL;DR: Don't use the baldur's extended website stuff. Author is a psycho. Many mods have been changed in dialogues and content. Author has 200 nicknames where she endorses her own stuff. Forum itself is probably 5-8 genuine account and 200 of author's aka
Thanks for the warning.

Yeah, her web design is ancient and kind of hinted that something was wrong. I assumed it was just normal autism though and not psychosis.

It almost reminds me of another Baldur's Gate-obsessed female's website...what was her name again?
Who cares?
Fact you typed up a whole post about some anonymous no-namer just goes to show what a no-lifer you are.
:hmmm:

polo

Magister
Who cares?

Her website has almost... no views.

This is such small-time slime maneouveuring compared to commercial publisher antics.

Sup roxanne?

Ulfhednar

Savant
Sucks that EET requires Siege Of Dragonshit
Yeah, this basically killed any interest in EET for me, so I just modded up BG2EE instead. I played through SoD when it released, but have limited interest in doing so again particularly with SCS on those enormous clusterfuck battles near the end.

Ho, Big World Setup is totally broken.

in fact BWS is now forsaken and abandoned by even Alien.

Had read stuff like this about BWS in a few different forums which is why I went looking around for alternatives.

I wouldn't touch the stuff by Roxanne and I wouldn't touch sandrah saga
Didn’t add any big mods or NPCs ... always run with a custom party anyway. The BWS-EE tool seems to have installed SCS, some tweaks and IWDification just fine and without any surprises, which is all I really care about... sorry to bring up a sore point.

Had read stuff like this about BWS in a few different forums which is why I went looking around for alternatives.
I tried fixing it, but ended up trying the alternative made by Lilura Roxanne the alleged psychopath. It seemed to work fine.

What the fuck managed to kill BWS? That was a stable for at least a decade...
Number 1 thing is that Spellhold Studio's website is down. A least one core competent is hosted there. Not sure why everything isn't at least backed up on Github at this point.

And Beamdog is still updating, so all the mods need to be update and so does BigWorld.

Morkar Left

What the fuck managed to kill BWS? That was a stable for at least a decade...
Number 1 thing is that Spellhold Studio's website is down. A least one core competent is hosted there. Not sure why everything isn't at least backed up on Github at this point.

And Beamdog is still updating, so all the mods need to be update and so does BigWorld.

But it's not abandoned from the devs? They are basically just waiting till everything calms down? I think with EET there are lots of new possibilities opened...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Game just downloaded a 1.5 GB update on Steam. The fuck did they do? Can't seem to find any information.

Icewind Dale got a 35 MB update as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom