Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Shit. Used the EE MOD SETUP TOOL. Fiddled with it for a good 8 hours. Installed 33 mods (with lots of sub-options), but there were some errors, so I wanted to change the installation a bit.

But NO. The fucking thing didn't memorize what mods I installed. There's no way to just slightly alter my list of mods. Fucking hell, men. FUCK.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Next time just make a batch file to install all your mods, same amount of time to invest but you have control. Shit it’s probably faster since you’re just working in your favorite text editor.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Why doesn't Xzar have cleric spells at level 1? He's a necromancer/cleric, which was done by some mod.

9aceb9d7eab14748110ee4719788ee82.jpg

b90b4b97bcf1a722bd796bdf3690966f.jpg

Next time just make a batch file to install all your mods, same amount of time to invest but you have control. Shit it’s probably faster since you’re just working in your favorite text editor.
Like I'm supposed to know the correct installation order and possible conflicts? At least this program knew. Too bad it can't into other basic functionality.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Shit. Used the EE MOD SETUP TOOL. Fiddled with it for a good 8 hours. Installed 33 mods (with lots of sub-options), but there were some errors, so I wanted to change the installation a bit.

But NO. The fucking thing didn't memorize what mods I installed. There's no way to just slightly alter my list of mods. Fucking hell, men. FUCK.

Yeah you should have saved your mod setup. Its under Option->Save Selection. Deviously hidden I know.

But hey I bet you will save it next time.

Why doesn't Xzar have cleric spells at level 1? He's a necromancer/cleric, which was done by some mod.

My guess is the mod is garbage. Or one of the 33 mods you installed conflicts with another mod.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Its under Option->Save Selection. Deviously hidden I know.
Please show screenshot of that. There is no "Option" anywhere that I can see.

Edit: OH FUUUUCK, IS THIS FOR REAL???

e787f607f39f9cd70ed7565a5f01b5ca.gif

Edit2:
At least there's "Import from WEIDU log".

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do I make a different installation now? Simply delete the override folder?

They don't biff anything as far as I know, right?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Any idea why these are red? That means it's unrecommend to install, unstable.

ee27ad0954f332be6e69f6856271454d.png

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Its under Option->Save Selection. Deviously hidden I know.
Please show screenshot of that. There is no "Option" anywhere that I can see.

Edit: OH FUUUUCK, IS THIS FOR REAL???

e787f607f39f9cd70ed7565a5f01b5ca.gif

Edit2:
At least there's "Import from WEIDU log".

Yeah that option button doesn't really look like a button. Modders amiright?

How do I make a different installation now? Simply delete the override folder?

They don't biff anything as far as I know, right?

The old BWS used to have a backup/restore option but I don't see that now. I usually ended up making a copy of my clean install before modding anyway. When I wanted to start over I deleted my modded folder and just copied everything back into main folder.

If you have this through steam your can also just verify you install and it should reset everything.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Any idea why these are red? That means it's unrecommend to install, unstable.

ee27ad0954f332be6e69f6856271454d.png

Red is for advanced installs I think. Stuff like Tactics is also red because it increases the difficulty so much. I think. I've barley used this version of the BWS/EES tool.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Suck on shit, Bester . You can't even mod BG. :lol::lol::lol:
I'm going to be brutally honest with you, Lilura. Every time you mention to me, things start moving and growing in my pants. I realize how juvenile this may sound, but I'm just telling you how it is. I've got nothing to hide from you, not after all the things we did in my dreams. And I know you're probably a tranny, but in my fantasies you're a bonafide gal. In them, I offer to code a new Baldur's Gate for you (because I'm a programmer and a game developer, and that's not a fantasy, btw), and you open your legs and say "If this isn't true love, I don't know what is. Take me and let a new Baldur's Gate be born out of our sin". And we do it. And then I code BG for you, all the while you're stuck under the table to help me with motivation. I've never had an internet crush, and I never will, but if I was to have one, it'd be for your asiatic boypussy, Lilura.

Just so you know, we can make it real. Just say the word. Or blink. Or mention me?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bester Did you stop fapping over your Lilura fantasy long enough to get that EE Mod Setup tool to work? I just tried it and it does nothing. You set it to the game folder install directory: 0086 for EE, and then you set the "downloads" path to the location you have all your mods in. Then you run it and...nothing happens. It pretends that it's installing stuff, and looks impressive, but it dindonuffin. Not a GUI replacement mod, not an original movies mod to be seen. I might try Project Infinity.

I was just trying this in preperation for my next BG run. I'm trying to decide between an EE run or to faff about with that mod for vanilla BG that allows quick weapons slots through the inventory and autohotkey. That seems like less of a headache atm.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I can't even get Project Infinity to install. oldmanpaco gets a boner over Bester's perversion, and some kinda shit Imoen romance mod: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...e-fanfiction-fanart.70394/page-7#post-6235491 and I can't even get an application to launch! Fucking BG modders in this clown world...

Screw it. I'm just gonna pick the best ones and install them manually. Then try and work out which mod I'm actually playing if it's a content mod, and I'm dumb enough to install more than one.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You can cast trapping spells at the spot where Khark appears and those will damage him before his Stoneskin and Minor Globe of Invulnerability kick in - IF you didn't select the SCS mob that gives mages buff spells instantly. It's not enough to kill him, so then you have to run away or abuse summons while his defensive spells tick away since it's unlikely that your Dispel Magic can overcome his level. He does have a Sequencer for another Stoneskin and Minor Globe if I recall correctly. The Chaos spell is, of course, the real killer, like in so many SCS mage fights since for most of BG1 you don't have counters to it aside from Berserker rage. I usually save him for the last encounter in the wilds before going into Baldur's Gate proper. And that's on Core - I've never tried him on Insanity.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So I tried to kill Shalandar, the mage from Ulgoth's beard.

LOL

basically unkillable with full SCS at lvl6. I'll come back later when I have greater malison.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Bester I’m not trolling you, but if working with that crappy mod install tool took you 8 hrs, you could just read the mod’s readmes and write a batch file yourself. Or use the janky tool to flag incompatible components that inform your component selection in a batch file.

The takeaway is this: the time you spent on trying to mod with that tool is insane. You’re chasing convenience while forgoing knowledge that would enable you to mod faster, with more efficiency and less frustration.

To put it in terms you may appreciate; that mod tool is a high level API that lets tards mod while we all pay the performance penalty (your lost 8 hrs w/ nothing to show for it).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
but if working with that crappy mod install tool took you 8 hrs,
It took me 8 hours to read mod descriptions to decide whether I want them or not. I'm a slow reader. Would've taken more time if I had to figure out the installation order. It's a good tool, shame it doesn't have more mods in it.

Did you stop fapping over your Lilura fantasy long enough to get that EE Mod Setup tool to work?
Yeah, it works. Although 3 mods couldn't get downloaded, but it gives you the ability to find them yourself and point the program to the archive. Useful.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Just thought I'd mention this stupidly overpowered Kit mod (that I'm using for my current powergaming run), here: https://artisans-corner.com/the-artisans-kitpack/ It just occured to me that there's one thing Beamdog did that improved the BGEE experience from unplayable, which was to open the game up a bit more to modders. So with the Assassin class, you can do things like gain +1 hit & damage per round reamining in stealth, or go invisible as you make a kill (per 5 rounds).

It's fun. In a powergaming sort of way.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing through the NPC project for BG1 for my 2nd powergaming playthrough of SOD (I gave up the first time because I hadn't bleached my memory enough), and I reckon if they had used the writers from that mod for SOD...it might have been ok. Obviously, anything is better than Amber Scott - a 60 IQ retard writing about LGBTQ in Star Trek would have made a better job than her - but still. It's not bad at all.

I'll post some pics if my print screen function decides to work. I currently just get a black screen on pasting to windows paint.

Shadenuat

Arcane
NPC Project has a lot of dumb shit in it, but also some pretty fun shit in it. Dynaheir I thought was done ok for example. so lawful good mlady your fedora implodes.
Imoen giving u gift on your birthday was also nice touch, as wel as her digging into everyone's spellbooks and trying herself in magicks.
Kivan played his byronesque type well too.
Jaheira was as nagging as ever. Faldorn was nice as far as dumb eco terrorist teenagers go.

And since there are so many characters, you can just pick those whos writing you consider entertaining.

I like that mod. Makes game very lively.
And yes in all its cheesiness - it is still closer to canon writing than EE.

Tigranes

Arcane
So I tried to kill Shalandar, the mage from Ulgoth's beard.

LOL

basically unkillable with full SCS at lvl6. I'll come back later when I have greater malison.

Please make this font mod for the original Baldur's Gate.
Oh boy. Lilura doesn't even know the best font mod for BG2.

ae0c099dc113d17c57f7bd0895f3f652.jpg

Please sir could you tell me where to download the one on the left, that one is a million times better than the other janky shit, seems like a great mod 10/10 for sure

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom