Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Strantar

Novice
Like Jason says, though, you can have Big Picture manage your install for you if it's updated.

This has now replaced BWS https://baldursextendedworld.com/Install-Tool/ - BWP doesn't work anymore, for the non-EE games you need to do it yourself.

someone already pointed this out, though I didn’t get around to checking BEW yet myself. Is it good?

It works well, maybe even better than BWS. No real reason to not to use it.

Nice. Does it always do modmerge tool for you or do you still need to sort out that?
Modmerge is automatically applied if needed.
If you did it already it's skipped.

razvedchiki

Erudite
EE npcs are not total trash, the wild mage is second to edwins pure powah which is usefull if you play mods like scs where you need at least 2 capable magic users.
the monk is bad in bg1 due to how their powers scale but he pulls his weight in bg2 if you put him behind a tank (punches can hit as a 2handed weapon considering distance).plus their side quests come with usefull trickets for them and your tanks.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
btw Lyric Suite the EET compatability list states that classic movies is compatible, you just have to install it before EET.

I assume that means it go can before anything else.

Still not sure why it wasn't included in EET though. Seems like the most basic thing ever.

Also still not sure where to put the remove EE NPCs mod.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Does the program leave a log of it's installation process? So i can study the install order and see how that shit works.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just remember that with Extended World you still have to choose among all the suboptions of each mod and component just as you would with a normal WeiDU install.

Parabalus

Arcane
Does the program leave a log of it's installation process? So i can study the install order and see how that shit works.

You don't need to mess with / know the install order, the tool does it on its own. Just chose the mods you want.

Strantar

Novice

You don't need to mess with / know the install order, the tool does it on its own. Just chose the mods you want.

I know but i want to see what it does so i can do my own manual installations if i want to.
Just consider with manual installations you may not get all the fixes for the mods you need to play EET without issues.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I just played through BG1 this week and continued to Siege of Derpspear, oh god the writing.... the horror the horror...dungeons and combat have been pretty decent so far but the writing is fan fiction level drivel, not sure can I stomach it, might jump straight to BG2.

Comte

I just played through BG1 this week and continued to Siege of Derpspear, oh god the writing.... the horror the horror...dungeons and combat have been pretty decent so far but the writing is fan fiction level drivel, not sure can I stomach it, might jump straight to BG2.

I fired up the EE version this week and found the interface really laggy. Did you see this with the journal and stuff? I am just going to play the classic version.

Codex Year of the Donut
The encounters/dungeons make up for the awful writing IMO. Just turn your brain off and enjoy some combat.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I fired up the EE version this week and found the interface really laggy. Did you see this with the journal and stuff? I am just going to play the classic version.

There's pretty good UI mod which makes the UI much more tolerable and I didn't notice any lag with it.

Here's the blue version, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...ced-ui-bg1ee-skin-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-and-eet

Here's brown version made for BG2 https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...anced-ui-for-bg1ee-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-and-eet/p1

Not as good as the originals were but lot better than the Beamdog's abomination, they put back the original style journal, for example. I couldn't get the original version working properly on my Win 10 no matter what I tried so I got the EEs, of course I used mod to remove Beamdog's fan fiction from both games.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I know but i want to see what it does so i can do my own manual installations if i want to.
Just consider with manual installations you may not get all the fixes for the mods you need to play EET without issues.

But i'm not playing EET if i do a manual installation. Never been a fan of this "trilogy" shit. Back in the day i used to use TuTu because i liked the games to be two separate things and also because you could mod the original UI in TuTu but not in BGT.

The fact the UI mod for the EE only comes with a BG2 skin already pisses me off.

Parabalus

Arcane

But i'm not playing EET if i do a manual installation. Never been a fan of this "trilogy" shit. Back in the day i used to use TuTu because i liked the games to be two separate things and also because you could mod the original UI in TuTu but not in BGT.

The fact the UI mod for the EE only comes with a BG2 skin already pisses me off.

You can use the tool for standalone games.

You can get the install order from the weidu.log, but I don't think you can see the order in the tool before you actually install.

Strantar

Novice

You can use the tool for standalone games.

You can get the install order from the weidu.log, but I don't think you can see the order in the tool before you actually install.

Strantar

Novice
weidu.log is the output result of an installation process but it's a widespread misunderstanding that it can be used as input for it. You only need to look into the old BWP pdf-manual to see extra actions that have to be performed for some mods and some installation steps. You would need to do them in manual installations as well to get the same result.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I don't even get why people use EET. The pre-EE trilogy mods I understand, but I don't see the point now that BG1EE uses the BG2 engine.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The most up to date BWS is made only for EET (BG Extended World). I think the old BWS is dead and the devs move to Project Infinity.

I am finishing the installation of EET with >450,000 lines of install logs, basically all the mods I can cramp with exception of experimental mods except Refinements (change HLA in BG2). Will be playing with 50% EXP from all sources to prevent me from getting overlevelled.

Some, unfortunately, failed to install. I really would like the Animal Companion for Ranger one. But I ain't restarting the installation after failing 5 times already this week.

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't even get why people use EET. The pre-EE trilogy mods I understand, but I don't see the point now that BG1EE uses the BG2 engine.

Because you only have to mod a game once and you import stuff seamlessly (tomes on NPCs).

Not a big deal though.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The most up to date BWS is made only for EET (BG Extended World). I think the old BWS is dead and the devs move to Project Infinity.

I am finishing the installation of EET with >450,000 lines of install logs, basically all the mods I can cramp with exception of experimental mods except Refinements (change HLA in BG2). Will be playing with 50% EXP from all sources to prevent me from getting overlevelled.

Some, unfortunately, failed to install. I really would like the Animal Companion for Ranger one. But I ain't restarting the installation after failing 5 times already this week.

I really want to see that weidu.log of yours. lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom