Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Interview at Sorcerer's Place

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
image_50a540213f6f9.jpg

The should hire you for next PS:TEE.
Fixed for some Inconvenient Truth.

A user named cat

They don't look just blurred, they look like they were ran through a damn oil painting filter. Are these guys for real?

Hux8t.jpg

ENHANCED EDITION

n9Lkf.jpg

waywardOne

Arcane
- Restoring the content related to the Twisted Rune, which connected the Twisted Rune with the Skin Dancers and connected the Skin Dancers with the slavers, putting them all as one part of a single conspiracy as was originally intended.

I'm not disputing it, but do you have any current links for this? I remember the Guarded Compound in the Temple District was also involved.

waywardOne

Arcane
That's probably the right definition for RPGCodex (or perhaps RPGCynics?). :P Using a somewhat more "objective" definition, it's a bit more than what you state. There will be several hours of new game play and new areas. There will be professional voice acting that, based on what I've heard, far surpasses anything that a fan mod has put out. There will be new, original and professionally recorded music. And further, because Beamdog has access to the source code, they can do things that modders have not been able to do. And there's a bit more too.

I'm not sure yet what the ultimate value proposition of all that will turn out to be, as I haven't played EE yet. I'll be picking it up though, as I'm itching for another BG runthrough, and I might as well be playing EE to see what it offers.

Okay, go ahead and flame me for not issuing the standard RPGCodex response. :)

Sup, Trent. You must spend a fortune on toilet paper because I keep ripping you a new asshole every few months or so when you get a little PR cycle going.

Your coders are fucking idiots, so you actually aren't doing anything significant with the code other than "optimizing" it for mobile hardware. They can't do anything of value that modders haven't already done, which is why 99.9% of your "improvements" were lifted straight from a few mods' ReadMe.txt, with the mods' authors helping you out to boot.

Professional voice acting (Mark Meer LOL); yeah, that's what us rpg enthusiasts have been clamoring for.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
- Restoring the content related to the Twisted Rune, which connected the Twisted Rune with the Skin Dancers and connected the Skin Dancers with the slavers, putting them all as one part of a single conspiracy as was originally intended.

I'm not disputing it, but do you have any current links for this? I remember the Guarded Compound in the Temple District was also involved.
Okay, I am embarrassed to admit, that this is something I read on some BG forums, and they must have heard it from elsewhere, and so on. All hearsay. :oops:

What I do know is that when you confront a mage assisting the Skin Dancers, he is flanked by "Rune Assassins"...implying that they work for the Twisted Rune?

Marceror

Novice
Professional voice acting (Mark Meer LOL); yeah, that's what us rpg enthusiasts have been clamoring for.

Ignoring the ludicrous parts of your post. I think even though I only created my account here a short time ago, there are plenty of folks around here who are smart enough to know I'm not Trent Oster.

Anyhow, have you not heard Gord Marriott as Dorn Il-Khan? The voice samples that have been shared are utterly fantastic. It's quality voice acting, to be sure.

Marceror

Novice
My faith in the EE is simply gone, fuck you Marceror and fuck you Trent for beign a pair of retarded ass fiends with delusions of grandeur
BTW if you are not Trent then you are even more retarded than I imagined for trying to kiss his ass in the Holy Codex of all fucking places!

Classy

waywardOne

Arcane

Ignoring the ludicrous parts of your post. I think even though I only created my account here a short time ago, there are plenty of folks around here who are smart enough to know I'm not Trent Oster.

Anyhow, have you not heard Gord Marriott as Dorn Il-Khan? The voice samples that have been shared are utterly fantastic. It's quality voice acting, to be sure.

No one cares if you are or aren't actually Trent, and people are also smart enough to notice you skipping over legitimate criticism just because of its rude outer coating.

Again, no one gives a shit about voice acting as part of a mediocre add-on. You're completely out of touch with this entire subject and lends credence that you are, in fact, a paid shill.

A user named cat

I love how completely obvlious you are posting such endorsements here. Like a lobotomized shill running on his wheel, flinging shit amongst a cage of majestic, territorial hamsters.

oIs5D.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'll just repost this here, because why the hell not:
index.php

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
Okay, go ahead and flame me for not issuing the standard RPGCodex response. :)

Don't worry about that. I was just curious, actually, I haven't been following this and I could use a new airplane passtimer installed on my laptop for when I'm too tired to read. Did they actually call back the original voice-actors who did the main characters and npcs and added new content to the main quest and etc?

Also, are there new classes and sub-races? Or did they just transposed the extra stuff from BG2 into BG1?

Can anyone answer this? I couldn't find a faq or anything of the sort, and to tell the truth the website and interviews are incredibly ambiguous as to what they are actually doing. All you get is buzz like "OVER 400 IMPROVEMENTS!" but no listing as to what they are. I did find out that there is only one new kit("Blackguard") but couldn't figure out the rest.Will they be adding stuff such as what was contained in the "unfinished business" mods and else? Content that was originally there but later removed?

New interface, 3 new npcs, and two large new quests. Okay. What else?

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
It is a holiday, I am bored, and I have been looking for a game to install on my laptop.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
i am wondering, is anyone legitimately excited about this game? or even interested in the slightest, for that matter?

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Come to think, there's a lot of mysterious stuff alluded to in Baldur's Gate 2, which simply never made it to the game. Just yesterday, I spent 15 minutes on De'Arnise Hold using a savegame involving my Monk character, and there were a couple of things I wondered about.

TorGal refers to his master, a man named "Stronger". WHO was Stronger? The captain of the guard of De'Arnise Hold also said his new master's sorcery has converted him to his side. Who was this sorcerer?

Did "Stronger" refer to:
  • A Roenall family member who sent the trolls there to take over the De'Arnise property?
  • Nalia's aunt, who also may have conspired to bring the trolls over?
  • a leader of a slaving ring, given that trolls were also involved in the slave trade?
  • the traitorous captain of the guard, under employ of a sorcerer?
  • Jierdaan Firkraag himself, the most likely candidate for powerful sorcery? Especially since he picked up one duchy cheap using illusions and his minions?
  • hell, maybe even Faldorn?
  • Shangalar of the Twisted Rune itself?
Really, if BG2 was given another year, what a game it would have been with all these loose ends tied together! Already a really good game, but this would have elevated it to legendary status, once all the quests were interconnected into a single coherent whole.

Marceror

Novice
You Codexian's are a zany, mad-capped bunch. You masquerade as being RPG lovers, yet, when someone shows a bit of enthusiasm about an RPG development your first, and seemingly only inclination is to try and wipe the floor with them. What an ironic, bizarre existence you cats lead. Really more of a mob, than anything else.

If you actually read, you know, the "words" in my posts here instead of throwing me into one of two highly generalized buckets of either the haters or the fanbois (probably asking for way too much on this, I realize) you'll see that I have not provided any over the top praise of BGEE. I have mentioned that the value proposition of this game is still TBD. I haven't even played the damn thing yet, so how would I know how good it will be. And yes, so the hell what -- I think Gord Marriott's voice acting for Dorn is a particular element of this project that is top rate. If you have a problem with that, you are welcome to eat my shorts.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
No one cares if you are or aren't actually Trent, and people are also smart enough to notice you skipping over legitimate criticism just because of its rude outer coating.

Again, no one gives a shit about voice acting as part of a mediocre add-on. You're completely out of touch with this entire subject and lends credence that you are, in fact, a paid shill.

He isn't. Obviously not knowing what you're talking about has never stopped anyone here, but seriously, you're embarrassing yourself and suggesting that I'd let shills (paid or otherwise) conduct interviews on my site is personally offensive to me as well. Not that I care, just saying.

Cosmo

Arcane
The only thing this project deserves is indifference... But we all know that's a feeling the Kodex cannot into. Hence all the hate.
Thing is, apart from the fact that those look "DA2-shitty", adding new characters in a game that has already way too many of them cannot be considered a good move. Instead they should have busied themselves with tying loose ends, better integrating the existing characters into the quest pattern, and redo a HD version of the various sceneries and sprites.
Maybe modding support will enable those things, but i wouldn't really count on that. And for those of us who have already played the game, increased and facilitated modding possibilities would be the only reason to get slightly interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom