Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Interview at Sorcerer's Place

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Crooked Bee, Nov 14, 2012.

1. godsend1989 Scholar

godsend1989
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin
    The should hire you for next BGEE.

^ Top  
  2. Taluntain Most Frabjous

Taluntain
    Parrots:
    There are some screenshots where blurring is much more obvious and looks even worse than in the ones I included in the interview. I'm honestly hoping this isn't something that'll be in the final game, but if it is... I doubt it'll go down well.

We've discussed the blurriness on our forums some time ago.

^ Top  
  3. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Fixed for some Inconvenient Truth.

^ Top  
  4. Tical Arcane

Tical
    Parrots:
    They don't look just blurred, they look like they were ran through a damn oil painting filter. Are these guys for real?

[​IMG]

ENHANCED EDITION

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Executer Phrenologist

Executer
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity
    Dorito?

^ Top  
  6. Marceror Novice

Marceror
    Parrots:
    No, Pringles.

^ Top  
  7. waywardOne Cipher

waywardOne
    Parrots:
    I'm not disputing it, but do you have any current links for this? I remember the Guarded Compound in the Temple District was also involved.

^ Top  
  8. waywardOne Cipher

waywardOne
    Parrots:
    Sup, Trent. You must spend a fortune on toilet paper because I keep ripping you a new asshole every few months or so when you get a little PR cycle going.

Your coders are fucking idiots, so you actually aren't doing anything significant with the code other than "optimizing" it for mobile hardware. They can't do anything of value that modders haven't already done, which is why 99.9% of your "improvements" were lifted straight from a few mods' ReadMe.txt, with the mods' authors helping you out to boot.

Professional voice acting (Mark Meer LOL); yeah, that's what us rpg enthusiasts have been clamoring for.

^ Top  
  9. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Parrots:
    Okay, I am embarrassed to admit, that this is something I read on some BG forums, and they must have heard it from elsewhere, and so on. All hearsay. :oops:

What I do know is that when you confront a mage assisting the Skin Dancers, he is flanked by "Rune Assassins"...implying that they work for the Twisted Rune?

^ Top  
  10. CappenVarra Phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Parrots:
    Fuck Trent Oster and the blur filter he rode in on.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  11. Marceror Novice

Marceror
    Parrots:
    Ignoring the ludicrous parts of your post. I think even though I only created my account here a short time ago, there are plenty of folks around here who are smart enough to know I'm not Trent Oster.

Anyhow, have you not heard Gord Marriott as Dorn Il-Khan? The voice samples that have been shared are utterly fantastic. It's quality voice acting, to be sure.

^ Top  
  12. Marceror Novice

Marceror
    Parrots:
    Classy

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. waywardOne Cipher

waywardOne
    Parrots:
    No one cares if you are or aren't actually Trent, and people are also smart enough to notice you skipping over legitimate criticism just because of its rude outer coating.

Again, no one gives a shit about voice acting as part of a mediocre add-on. You're completely out of touch with this entire subject and lends credence that you are, in fact, a paid shill.

^ Top  
  14. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Unpaid shilling is also popular.

^ Top  
  15. Tical Arcane

Tical
    Parrots:
    I love how completely obvlious you are posting such endorsements here. Like a lobotomized shill running on his wheel, flinging shit amongst a cage of majestic, territorial hamsters.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  17. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    I'll just repost this here, because why the hell not:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Guido Fawkes Defensor Fidei

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    Can anyone answer this? I couldn't find a faq or anything of the sort, and to tell the truth the website and interviews are incredibly ambiguous as to what they are actually doing. All you get is buzz like "OVER 400 IMPROVEMENTS!" but no listing as to what they are. I did find out that there is only one new kit("Blackguard") but couldn't figure out the rest.Will they be adding stuff such as what was contained in the "unfinished business" mods and else? Content that was originally there but later removed?

New interface, 3 new npcs, and two large new quests. Okay. What else?

^ Top  
  19. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Parrots:
    What the hell are you doing over here?

^ Top  
  20. Guido Fawkes Defensor Fidei

Unwanted
    Parrots:
    It is a holiday, I am bored, and I have been looking for a game to install on my laptop.

^ Top  
  21. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Parrots:
    Kukulkan has been bothering him again in Site Feedback about him being a pathetic no life who only trolls /gd/. He's probably proving him wrong now, or something.

^ Top  
  22. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    i am wondering, is anyone legitimately excited about this game? or even interested in the slightest, for that matter?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Parrots:
    Jesus, that looks awful.
    It will sell well in potatoland, you could basically do a new EE every other month and people would buy it.

^ Top  
  24. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  25. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Parrots:
    Come to think, there's a lot of mysterious stuff alluded to in Baldur's Gate 2, which simply never made it to the game. Just yesterday, I spent 15 minutes on De'Arnise Hold using a savegame involving my Monk character, and there were a couple of things I wondered about.

TorGal refers to his master, a man named "Stronger". WHO was Stronger? The captain of the guard of De'Arnise Hold also said his new master's sorcery has converted him to his side. Who was this sorcerer?

Did "Stronger" refer to:
    • A Roenall family member who sent the trolls there to take over the De'Arnise property?
    • Nalia's aunt, who also may have conspired to bring the trolls over?
    • a leader of a slaving ring, given that trolls were also involved in the slave trade?
    • the traitorous captain of the guard, under employ of a sorcerer?
    • Jierdaan Firkraag himself, the most likely candidate for powerful sorcery? Especially since he picked up one duchy cheap using illusions and his minions?
    • hell, maybe even Faldorn?
    • Shangalar of the Twisted Rune itself?
    Really, if BG2 was given another year, what a game it would have been with all these loose ends tied together! Already a really good game, but this would have elevated it to legendary status, once all the quests were interconnected into a single coherent whole.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)