Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 announced at Google Stadia Connect event

Easy solution there. Just go and play PoE and Deadfire.
And both Icewind dales.
Aside for the fact that I already played all of them (and not a single one of them matched the original) that's the stupidest rebuttal imaginable. Well, one of the stupidest, at least.

The story and main plot are what made BG games stand out.
No, it's not.
It was barely a common background among all the parts that made it good.
Besides, I never said that I don't care if the story will be any decent. I just don't give a shit if it's going to be a direct sequel of BG2, so "Baldur's Gate story was done and this makes this game superfluous" is a borderline autistic argument as far as I'm concerned.

"Just" good. Which is an unattainable level these days.
Yeah, you aren't selling me this delusional bullshit. Sorry.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
but what was the giant Cthulhu in the sky that flashed briefly? is that canon too? I don undastan
yes, that's their spelljammer ship
Dreadnaught.jpg

As eric__s would say:
warning-this-game-is-canon.jpeg

Bara

Arcane
The gog store page lists "Real-time" in the genre section. But that's probably nothing as I"m assuming its a placeholder or such.

Really hoping its turn based but if not ah well there will always be always ToEE if not. I'd be happy enough with a new decent DnD video game after so long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Ok here is a list of things I want to see:
  • A storyline which evolves slowly into a deep philosophical one (included IWD2 like humor)
  • Turnbased
  • A "slim" !believable! connection to the first and second game or else fuck of with BG 3 as title!
  • Music on par with music from Jeremy Soule
  • No fucking DOS2 clone/mod (I want new design and animation!)
  • Party based
Ready?! GO!
:timetoburn:

The GoG store page is hinting at the game being "real time", but it's not really clear if that's info from the official source or if it's just that they copy-pasted these "genre tags" from the original games.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
That's my application to Larian btw wish me luck.
You do realize that almost all writing on "BG3" is done at this point? You wouldn't be working on it if you get hired.

Still, good luck. I guess you must've enjoyed DOS2.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I can’t even imagine the writing in our current 2019/2020 year.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That's my application to Larian btw wish me luck.
You do realize that all writing on "BG3" is done at this point? You wouldn't be working on it if you get hired.

Still, good luck. I guess you must've enjoyed DOS2.

I used to run a landscaping company. I say that with exaggeration - I was in my early teens and me and a buddy ran flyers into neighborhoods saying we'd mow their lawn for $20. We were pretty good. About fifteen years later my mum said, "You know those people always thought you were the hardest worker. Always coming out in the heat even when your buddy wasn't there. Always on schedule. Always did a good job." I was like damn, that feels good to know. Didn't realize my talents had drawn attention. What she didn't know was that our hard work also drew the attention of local landscapers. The ones who drive nice Fords with trailers full of equipment and habla Espanol. They used to bully us. Not kidding. They used to trash our flyers and if they were out while we were out they'd park their truck and watch us or they'd roll it by with all of them staring. Sometimes they'd rev the engine as they left. I used to always think of my cousin. He said that back in the 70s he ran an eggselling scheme where he'd take unused eggs and undercut the local providers. Until one day he got a phonecall. Remember, this was back when if you knew someone's house phone then you definitely knew where the house was. The guy on the line says he's from an industry egg seller. He asks if it's my cousin speaking. He says it is. The egg seller says if you don't stop undercutting us we are going to break your fucking kneecaps. He hangs up. Decades later I'm sitting with my lazy friend in his living room. By this point he'd stopped going out. I was pretty much working solo. He asked me if I'd gone to the houses lately. Before I answer he gets a phone call. Mexicans? No. It's the homeowners. He nods. He hangs up. He looks over at me. "We just got fired."

Dude. What we? I was the one working the fucking lawns. Buddy. You fucking asshole. We. There was no we-we, man. Just me-we. And you ruined my Red Dead Revolver saves and you still have my PS2.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Story fitting for BG3. Just switch around Mexicans with orcs and landscaping with adventuring. I hope Swen gives you a call.

This game's development is going to be too horrifying to watch. The hope, the fear. I will be tortured by both, unable to avert my gaze. One thing that appears obvious, is that they are going to make this epic. Larian handles epic plots with the grace and subtlety of a 9 year old boy. My heart sinks.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Story fitting for BG3. Just switch around Mexicans with orcs and landscaping with adventuring. I hope Swen gives you a call.

Oh that was non-fiction and 100% truth. I couldn't remember what I was going to say and then that memory came back to me. My friend really did turn off the PS2 when the game was saving and saying "Don't turn off while this icon is on." It's true. If you turn it off while it says that it'll wipe everything. I had every character unlocked, too.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Baldur's Gate was a pretty bad game all around, mostly due to its combat system. I still completed it.

Baldur's Gate 2 was much more epic in scope and I really wish I could have persevered but I had just had enough of the combat by that point.

Quickly, tell me what is @normal combat@?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

Oh that was non-fiction and 100% truth. I couldn't remember what I was going to say and then that memory came back to me. My friend really did turn off the PS2 when the game was saving and saying "Don't turn off while this icon is on." It's true. If you turn it off while it says that it'll wipe everything. I had every character unlocked, too.
Looks like he really rompió tus huevos.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Si. He roto su cara, mano-y-mano.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Jon Irenicus > angry Squidward with tentacles. Seriously, what a stupid looking creature. Squid head with a human body...please. BGII will remain king in this series.

King of the series for me is BG1 with its low level adventures an freedom.
I can't say I really like BG2 - it's decent game, some perts of it are best ever - like Irenicus voiceover, but its chamber nature - you can go wharer you want, 2-3 locations outside of Athcatla remind me Call of Duty and not in a good sense, also epicness that winds throug every crack in game - I never get to the end, two times become bored at exactly same point - at isle.
No, BG1 is a king, however these two parts of one series are so different...

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer

Mine was just a bad egg pun, man.

sser

Arcane
Developer

Mine was just a bad egg pun, man.

I think I got my pronouns wrong. My 2004 Spanish would not fly on 2019 Twitter let me tell ya.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom