Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Minsc gets more and more retarded the more they use him.
He's a throwaway joke character you might play for a one-off pnp session taken way too far because of the memes and name recognition. What are people unfamiliar with the original game most likely to recognize via cultural osmosis alone? Minsc, Jan and the Symbol of Bhaal maybe.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Minsc gets more and more retarded the more they use him.

So Minsc is now a total fucktard. :negative:
All anyone needed to know about Minsc - in fact, if he was given a summary that was handed through any IP/product within WOTSC that was going to use him - should be that line from BG2: "Ahh nighttime! Good for sneaking up on evil!".

That's it. It signifies that he's a bit thick, but nuanced and happens to go berserk every once in a while. Although I expect that would require some competent writers. :|

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Announcement is delayed to next week:

People think it's another Forgotten Realms book, then I guess this book will be somehow relevant to BG3.

And it's nothing to do with FR. It's... a book about a campaign setting that is designed by Matt Mercer and played by his famous roleplaying group Critical Role.

:hmmm:

I like Minsc, but the few panels I've seen from those comic books though are woefully cringe-worthy. They have the wrong phrasing, make him talk far too much, and abysmally retarded. Minsc is a bit part, a supporting character that interjects cultural/situational inappropriate humor and occasionally goes "Leroy Jenkins". He's not a character to build a story around. I am really hoping they keep him gone for BGIII.

Efe

Erudite
why do you hate minsc? nobody forced you to recruit him?
"remove X content cos i dont like it BAAHH"

why do you hate minsc? nobody forced you to recruit him?
"remove X content cos i dont like it BAAHH"

You misunderstand. I said that I like Minsc. Very funny. One of the all-time best bro NPCs. What I lack, is any faith in modern abilities to keep Minsc's charm and character from BG1&2 intact.

Efe

Erudite
well duh... they are being by an entirely different generation of writers and of vastly lower caliber.
but still no reason to act like its beamdog making the game. i get lowering the bar of expectations but whats being done in this thread is destroying the bar altogether.
we should just stay fabulously optimistic for this Baldur's Gate and System Shock 3.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
At 0:12 - there is one split moment of a dev working on something. Does anyone know what that is, exactly? It looks like someone working on the way characters look(?).

Otherwise:

1) They're using motion capture.
2) Orchestral music.
3) They're using stock footage of the sea. (I mean... Sword Coast - not shocking)
4) There's at least 1 angry woman in the game. (lol)

jf8350143

Liturgist
Motion capture is expected since a game like this will likely feature at least some cut scenes.

The combat system is still unknown and that's pretty much the only things matters at this point.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Big reveal at PAX East, the consumer oriented expo. I guess that's aligned with trends and also Larian's strategy since D:OS. The E3 reveal backed by Google seems kind of an oddball.

Also they have posted several new job postings recently. While many of them are for internships at Quebec, some point possible release timeline.

Cinematic Sound Designer "on a 12 month contract": https://www.larian.com/jobs/9ed06363-86da-48e5-b6a7-0a048cb78de9

Implement sounds in both linear and in-game cinematics - Work together with the Larian Studios audio team.

Experience with in-engine Cinematics.

Attention to detail as well as an excellent global vision for linear media support.

Voice Director: https://www.larian.com/jobs/75670e7a-d807-408c-a7f6-da388092d20f

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The other games were kickstarted. And I think of all of Larian's games only D:OS1 and 2 had an EA.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm imagining Early Access in Spring, and full release next year.
:what:

you think they're gonna do an Early access?

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/bal...eplay-video-gamescom-kampfsystem,3345782.html

For Swen Vincke, whose team earned a lot of praise for the turn-based combat system in Divinity: Original Sin 2 , the question of the combat system is not something he wants to put to the vote, even though Baldur's Gate 3 is a kind of beta test or early-access before release Phase should go through .

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom