Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So we will visit Baldur's Gate at some point and there will be some characters from the first game like Volo. Nice. Can't wait for the massive butthurt at February 27th :D Because if it is turn-based and isometric, Bio's fans will go crazy, and if not, the Codex will rage at Swen and dethrone him.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't recall another game being announced then followed by this many months of downright useless promotion content without a shred of something tangible

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Edit1: there’re body tracking sensors but no face tracking, so isometric confirmed.

Not necessarily:

The_Last_of_Us_motion_capture_comparison.gif

No need to put things on the face.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How do we know it's a gameplay reveal on the 27th? Someone is making shit up for sensationalism me thinks. Also, the logo should've been Bhaal's symbol, but with tentacles somewhere, this new one is overdesigned.

latest

Either like this with tentacles instead of the armored glove fingers or the BG1 version with tentacles somewhere else.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is BG III financed from the outside? I know about Stadia, I guess they got some money from there... even if it's more or less dead now.

Turuko

Learned
I'm imagining Early Access in Spring, and full release next year.
:what:

you think they're gonna do an Early access?

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/bal...eplay-video-gamescom-kampfsystem,3345782.html

For Swen Vincke, whose team earned a lot of praise for the turn-based combat system in Divinity: Original Sin 2 , the question of the combat system is not something he wants to put to the vote, even though Baldur's Gate 3 is a kind of beta test or early-access before release Phase should go through .
Ah shit, i missed that

Mazisky

Magister
Will they use the "we cannot make day night cycles and NPC schedules because they aren't important" excuse this time? Both BGates had them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But this is a 27 second teaser trailer, not a solemn opening cinematic. Baldur's Gate on the whole wasn't known for its overly serious voice acting.

I mean it's very much Larian in its style, but IMO the Larian style itself is a close enough match to Baldur's Gate. (including the over the top orchestral music)

pomenitul

Arbiter
The BG series was ace at straddling the line between seemingly incompatible tones, which is something Larian has been unable to achieve since its inception. D:OS2's forced turn towards seriousness in response to customer feedback fell completely flat as far as I'm concerned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom