Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

It's a shekel grab and nothing more. That being said, without being optimistic in the least, maybe something decent will come out of it.

Interesting how Sven said in the latest video that they're "on an adventure to make the best RPG that was EVER made."
Crazy or bold?

:timcain:

:swen:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I find it a bit interesting that Larian managed to "wrangle" itself 30 extra minutes. Sven seems to be having some muscles now. Do you have to pay for the extra time, or is it just the art of persuasion?

Decado might be able to answer this question.

I don't work for PAX and I'm flattered that you'd think I know this, but my guess is they had extra time so they gave it to Sven. When PAX is lucky enough to get a game reveal of this kind (they don't get many), they're not going to be stingy with time slots. It is in their best interests to give Sven what he is asking for, knowing the cultural cachet of the game and the possible level of excitement. I very much doubt there was any serious "wrangling" going on.

So yeah, as I thought.

https://kotaku.com/sony-pulls-out-of-pax-east-over-coronavirus-concerns-1841791540

Lol. I'm betting they came to him, not the other way around.

Also, self-quoting because I don't give a fuck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's really cool to me since I never played the old games

So what the hell are you waiting for then?
Go and play BG1 (and not the fuckin Enhanced Shitdition), finish it and make a review for the Codex titled, "My impressions as a woke codexer on an RPG older than me."
lol actually expecting a woke thing to do something different than whine lol

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
lol actually expecting a woke thing to do something different than whine lol

Wait, that's a real account?
I thought that was a troll account :o
Too dumb to be a troll,it is a female.

Is it?
BrokenImage.png

In any case, xir woedica got triggered nicely by my desire to fleshcraft xir into a piece of furniture, so I would wager xir is not a troll.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's a shekel grab and nothing more. That being said, without being optimistic in the least, maybe something decent will come out of it.

Interesting how Sven said in the latest video that they're "on an adventure to make the best RPG that was EVER made."
Crazy or bold?

:timcain:

:swen:
Not crazy nor bold ,define best... Best in sven mouth could be the most mainstream and accessible rpg ever made, even putting to shame the like of Bethesda and bioware.

deuxhero

Arcane
Devs love to recast the same voices for some reasons.
Going to guess contractual reasons — almost guaranteed to be because of SAG being horrible. They attempt to treat the video game industry like movies and fail to understand that VAs are not the star of the show. Look at the big shitfit they threw a while back and game developers pretty much just laughed at them because they wanted a % of all profits from the game like real actors get with movies.
Upshot is that we're only about a decade away from quality voice synthesis.

Yeah, only problem is it was last decade, not next.

Codex Year of the Donut
Going to guess contractual reasons — almost guaranteed to be because of SAG being horrible. They attempt to treat the video game industry like movies and fail to understand that VAs are not the star of the show. Look at the big shitfit they threw a while back and game developers pretty much just laughed at them because they wanted a % of all profits from the game like real actors get with movies.

Vocaloid is not real voice synthesis, it's concatenative synthesis. It essentially has a massive library of sounds recorded from a real singer and uses them like an instrument.

deuxhero

Arcane

Vocaloid is not real voice synthesis, it's concatenative synthesis. It essentially has a massive library of sounds recorded from a real singer and uses them like an instrument.

And?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So yeah, as I thought.

https://kotaku.com/sony-pulls-out-of-pax-east-over-coronavirus-concerns-1841791540

Larian at the center of big guys: https://east.paxsite.com/news/article/pax-east-exhibitors
https://images.paxsite.com/east/paxeast2020expo.pdf

ACMCjiE.png

Funny it's bigger than Focus Home Interactive.

Looks like the Lord Belgium and Muldumarec Cromwelp the Bird Knight is planning a campaign.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
That they have delayed and drummed up so much hype around a "gameplay reveal" makes me believe it will be shit.
I.E. RTWP

It'll be a FPS where you can throw your boomerang sword at will with bangable companions which auto-level along with their equipment following their stupid IA archetype.

How many Codexers will think :" Oh that's cool, that's exactly the game i wanted to play" ?

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
So yeah, as I thought.

Larian at the center of big guys: https://east.paxsite.com/news/article/pax-east-exhibitors
https://images.paxsite.com/east/paxeast2020expo.pdf

ACMCjiE.png

Funny it's bigger than Focus Home Interactive.

Looks like the Lord Belgium and Muldumarec Cromwelp the Bird Knight is planning a campaign.

They have more time, more space. More press time,
More visibility.

Also basically no others rpg release in the same period.

It’s gonna be the new skyrim.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackofshadows

Magister

Crazy or bold?
Nah, he just said "best RPG that we've ever made", thus followed narrative about upgrading tools, technology etc makes perfect sence.
0-59

Mazisky

Magister
If it is not isometric people gonna launch rockets at their office, but i am pretty confident it will be: both BG and Divinitys are isometric, so why they gonna change?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
That they have delayed and drummed up so much hype around a "gameplay reveal" makes me believe it will be shit.
I.E. RTWP

It'll be a FPS where you can throw your boomerang sword at will with bangable companions which auto-level along with their equipment following their stupid IA archetype.

How many Codexers will think :" Oh that's cool, that's exactly the game i wanted to play" ?
Greatest prank of all time if they make it TOW with D&D.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom