Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
I guess it is expected with western civilization whose idea of food is
20708.jpg

dufqngnkpwvs4qrkfwx35e6a408f88360.jpg
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/images/thursday/dufqngnkpwvs4qrkfwx35e6a408f88360.jpg

Harthwain

Magister
That's a bat? Quality of the picture is so low I thought it was a torn-up garbage bag.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
why you think Pf:K received a such warm welcome here?
Because the world is bigger than the minds of a few delusional old men.

This is like hearing about why we should all eat vegetables.

turn based = vegetables
Well i could argue that most TB fans are vegetables.

Rtwpfags still butthurt?
That is the codexian way,you the TB faggots were butthurt for 20 years about BG being RTwP,now fuck off white larper! :obviously:

But rtwp is not meat. It's cheap and lazy substitute for both tb and pure rt. Basically - vegan meat.
No RTwP is the right way,a balanced diet. It has the serving of a TB salad and a nice juicy stake steak in the form of action spiced with pause.:smug:

All of your analogies are failures. The arguments are already known.

TB Fags
  1. CRPGs must be turned based, as they are derived from the design of RPGs.
  2. Real-time is incomprehensible to follow.
  3. Real-time is incomprehensible to play, due to ability bloat of modern design.
  4. Prefer all actions to be drip fed in a linear manner.
  5. RTwP offers the worst of both.
RTwP Fags
  1. Turned based rule sets can and have been successfully adapted.
    1. Very few developers have attempted to create an RPG with true real time mechanics, so it remains theoretical.
  2. RTwP is more visceral and engaging due to increased complexity. Multi-variable calculus vs linear algebra.
  3. TB is tedious with slow resolution.
  4. RTwP offers the best of both.
The arguments that systems designed as TB should remain pure and be implemented in a CRPG have merritt. The argument that worthy RTwP adaptions have never been performed is without merit. Beyond that, it seems to be more an issue that Turn-based zealots can't endure more thrill than a single dice roll at any given moment, and an inability to process more than one action at any given time. I betray my own preference with that statement, but I think it really summarizes the virulent and belligerent disdain that TB zealots ceaselessly vomit here on The RPG Codex.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nigga, admit - you hate tb because even on story mode it's too much clicking.
There is nothing to admit because i don't hate tb :). You are well aware that i had prised a lot of tb RPGs! I hate TB faggots tho :),and yeas,it is because i can't beat them in to a bloody pulp.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
RTwP Fags
  1. Turned based rule sets can and have been successfully adapted.
    1. Very few developers have attempted to create an RPG with true real time mechanics, so it remains theoretical.
  2. RTwP is more visceral and engaging due to increased complexity. Multi-variable calculus vs linear algebra.
  3. TB is tedious with slow resolution.
  4. RTwP offers the best of both.
Except none of this is, you know, actually true. The IE games were playable despite the RTwP. It's not more visceral and engaging due to increased complexity because the complexity is reduced to accommodate the RTwP thing. TB is not tedious or with slow resolution as long as we can skip animations or the turns of the enemies happen simultaneously (see Roguelikes). RTwP is a compromise and dilutes both.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
What is amazing to me is the utter obliviousness on the part of TBtards about how RTwP is actually played and why people prefer it.

They think it's autoplay or FPS.
You was told countless times why some people prefer TB over RTwP, yet you created your little "head canon" about what supposed "TBtards" think on RTwP. Just amazing.
I suppose this is how propaganda works.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nigga, admit - you hate tb because even on story mode it's too much clicking.

What is amazing to me is the utter obliviousness on the part of TBtards about how RTwP is actually played and why people prefer it.

They think it's autoplay or FPS.
No, nigga, we just know how fantadomat plays rtwp games. You are just new here.
Not really,you are just obsessed with me. Have no idea why tho. Do you want me to fuck you,is that it mate? Are you thirsty for some fat bulgar cock? You are kind off a weirdo.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Sure thing mate. At this point i am beginning to wonder if you actually believe that shit or you are just joking.
Wait, isn't it was you, who told about playing PoE it on story mode? I also was joking about it in same thread. In majority of cases I don't really care on which difficulty people decide to play games, but when people call game easy while playing on story mode, thats a bit funny.
In retrospective, PoE series was indeed relatively simple, but some autistic people decided to sacrifice companions for stats, despite claiming that game is easy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It was a screenshot he posted where he had like 6 or 8 camping supplies.
Yeah it was some talk about camp supplies and i posted a google pic that had a lot of supplies and from there it became a joke that i play on story mode. In reality i played on hard but cheated and didn't used supplies.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I’m really surprised all this food fuss kept cereals aside though it’s the only thing that has let our civilization exist and thrive for millenias. Without it you would’ve still been painting a cave ceiling with your own shit, living in constant cold, filth and misery.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It was a screenshot he posted where he had like 6 or 8 camping supplies.
Yeah it was some talk about camp supplies and i posted a google pic that had a lot of supplies and from there it became a joke that i play on story mode. In reality i played on hard but cheated and didn't used supplies.
giphy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom