Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dodo1610

Arcane
DOS attracted lots of casual players while POE was marketed towards old school RPG players.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Project Eternity crowdfunding started 2012 with the promise of a new game that's reminiscent of old Infinity Engine titles.
You cannot easily get someone who has never played an infinity engine game to play POE with its pre-rendered backgrounds and "complex" RTWP. Original Sin 1+2 are games that are a lot easier to get into for someone who has no experience with RPGs.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You cannot easily get someone who has never played an infinity engine game to play POE with its pre-rendered backgrounds and "complex" RTWP. Original Sin 1+2 are games that are a lot easier to get into for someone who has no experience with RPGs.

I disagree, but I'm sure your point of view and perception is valid to someone out there, so... moving on. Sorry for over reacting, I guess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Who cares about making a good game, they have sales quotas to hit.

2 years in development, 300-strong dev team, and making good games is out of fashion.
Here i will disagree with you mate. Larian may be lacking in the talent department,but they have always put a lot of effort and soul in their games. I may not like their last two games,but i do still respect them. I do really like their older games,it is shame that the same level of writing and imagination is missing in their newer games. Also they are pretty experienced with mixing genres and experimenting,thus i am not worried that they will fuck up on a mechanical level.

Tigranes

Arcane
Will they still have that soul now that they are hundreds of employees spread throughout multiple countries, needing to sell magnitudes more copies to stay afloat? Let's see.

turkishronin

Arcane

2 years in development, 300-strong dev team, and making good games is out of fashion.

Holy shit you guys are repeating the exact same pattern for over 100 pages.

Person A: It'll be gud
Person B: No because dev team has over 300 ppl
Baldur's Gate scholar: *lore stuff*
Lilura: BLOG FOR THE BLOG GOD

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here i will disagree with you mate. Larian may be lacking in the talent department,but they have always put a lot of effort and soul in their games.
Ta-daa:
participationtrophy.png

They can put all the soul they have, and as a player I will pick the games where the designers put their soul and made a good game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here i will disagree with you mate. Larian may be lacking in the talent department,but they have always put a lot of effort and soul in their games.
Ta-daa:
participationtrophy.png

They can put all the soul they have, and as a player I will pick the games where the designers put their soul and made a good game.
I agree with you mate,still i disagree that they are studio that only cares about "sales quotas to hit".

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Holy shit you guys are repeating the exact same pattern for over 100 pages.

Person A: It'll be gud
Person B: No because dev team has over 300 ppl
Baldur's Gate scholar: *lore stuff*
Lilura: BLOG FOR THE BLOG GOD
Welcome to the great autistic sabbath known as the RPGCodex!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Larian brought TB CRPGs back in the spotlight with tremendous success and both D:OS games are at the very least above average.
I doubt they would create TB games if they only wanted sales. They have a vision and are working towards it, regardless if they always do it successfully.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How ufortunate that both their tremedously successful games are declined shit. Someone had to say it.
Divinity: Dragon Commander,the best political/wifu simulator ever made! It is shame that this writing and interaction wasn't included in another game. This will make a great "kingdom ruling" game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"soon we shall dominate"

If soon is "over 100 years later"

Their average lifespan is 125 years or so, so it's not like they're elves. :M

Xeon

Augur
I kinda didn't like the Hidden, when I first saw that, I thought the Hidden would be someone who would make more of an impact but you only meet him if you do the Gnome's quest in the sewer and its kinda of a shitty quest he sends you to. They really made them feel incompetent or something.

Alhoon seemed kinda better but I am not sure if you'll ever meet him again if he manges to escape.

Tb got ahead. This is interesting.

https://strawpoll.com/s4561xkh

It's funny how you think this poll matters. If this poll was on my blog, it'd have 10,000 votes.

Here is one poll I put up:

The figures don't matter. The goal is to draw attention.

Steam link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/1639788130267067237/
Larian forum link: http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=652746#Post652746

That poll is irrelevant. That fact that you cite it says sums about your discerning "intellect" (and anyone else who has cited it). Want me to put a similar poll up on my blog and see how many votes it draws? I will crush your pathetic "strawpoll".

Then do it!
Crush those pathetic peons with your might blog!

But is there anyone left to be punched up? Ahh! The SHOCK! The DISBELIEVE! The DISAPPOINTMENT!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom