Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
90s mechanic should stay in the 90s

Yes, we should get an amazing rpg with cooldowns, with retarded itemization where armor works more like your char's DNA determining muscle mass/iq instead of offering protection and deleting blows, where you never miss, but can only hit enemies at 13m with an longbow and needs to impale the enemy 40x in the head to kill the enemy... Then we can add RMAH and ""surprise mechanics" to BG3, where 99% of time you will get emoticons and, an battle royalle mode, modern mechanics are all amazing

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The armor is enchanted. Permanence dates back to OD&D(see Greyhawk supplement)

On D&D enhanced armor gives non stacking bonuses. This is very different if every wizard in D&D world had the same INT and secondary attributes, working like clones and the difference between an strong to an weak barbarian is not how muscle mass they have. Is how enhanced their carnival looking armor are. At this point, are you playing an character or the gear that they are wearing? Are you playing an RPG or an Barbie Dressing game? He mentioned that 90s mechanics should be on 90s without saying why. Why people accept BS like it easily in video games but if an novel writer create an fictional setting where every necromancer is an clone of other necromancers, people will criticize? And yes, modern games are full of BS.

Yosharian

Arcane
The game was revealed at Stadia's event, where Google also unveiled a controller.

Expect this to be gamepad focused, so... third person.

We can only hope.

Another pillows/pathfinder boring BG remake is not what this world needs.

90s mechanic should stay in the 90s
Can we send you back to the 90s too so we don't have to read your retarded posts?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The armor is enchanted. Permanence dates back to OD&D(see Greyhawk supplement)

On D&D enhanced armor gives non stacking bonuses. This is very different if every wizard in D&D world had the same INT and secondary attributes, working like clones and the difference between an strong to an weak barbarian is not how muscle mass they have. Is how enhanced their carnival looking armor are. At this point, are you playing an character or the gear that they are wearing? Are you playing an RPG or an Barbie Dressing game? He mentioned that 90s mechanics should be on 90s without saying why. Why people accept BS like it easily in video games but if an novel writer create an fictional setting where every necromancer is an clone of other necromancers, people will criticize? And yes, modern games are full of BS.

Bitch please. If done right, item management can be an integral and perfectly legal part of character development.
Newfags these days...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bitch please. If done right, item management can be an integral and perfectly legal part of character development.

The problem is when you ONLY have item development and everyone without items are clones.

Newfags these days...

I an not new. I an 28 yo and the first RPG of my life was M&M VII.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well that WoW type of name like S0rcererV1ct0r is pretty old school,still remember the glorious UrInusPounder3000 and 6onBi1ch :salute:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I never liked wow, but IMO they are transforming RPG's into barbie dressing games only to put RMAH or lootbox in the game... Is that hard to make character attribute like attributes aka measuring your characters capabilities and armor like armor aka offering protection and deflecting blows?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm:

On the first episode of our 4-part mini-series, Acquisition Incorporated "C"-Team member and D&D game designer, Kate Welch takes us on an adventure through this Baldur's Gate lead in, Dungeons & Dragons - Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Old Man Zep-- is not ready to make a proclamation on this game yet (Shit or Not-Shit)

However, currently leaning to Not-Shit.
Even though Swen abandoned us after the DOS Kickstarter was complete. Sad Really
Though, that may change.

I also don't give a shit about RTwP or Turn-Based. What I do CARE about is if it's a fun game regardless of the mechanics.

Zep--

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:prosper:
It is just a bunch of cucks and trannies talking make believe around a table! I expected baldur's gate something. Infinitron ,i expect a full reimbursement for those 30 seconds!

Frozen

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom