Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
In my old 3.5e group, nobody wanted to DM, so we had an dm "rotation" and when was my time to DM, i was literally using my notebook and spreedsheets to do all math for me. Was tolerable, but DMing on 3.5e felt more like an job than an hobby. Play 3.5e in other hands, was so amazing.. I know an guy who was an "professional 3.5e dm"
Start using tools like FG2 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/ . You get rids of most chores with that and the combat will be a hell lot smoother.You can be as professional you want to be.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I have no idea if Dzirrt survived up to the "current" D&D times but if he does I really look forward to the perspective of him being included to BGIII and killing him again.

Cael

Arcane
I have no idea if Dzirrt survived up to the "current" D&D times but if he does I really look forward to the perspective of him being included to BGIII and killing him again.
He did. They fast forwarded 100 years, and he is basically the only one left alive of the entire group. However, most of them have "reincarnated", and the gang is back together. They are even conveniently identified for you who their "previous lives" were. And yes, Cattie-brie is back in another body. A Bedine (i.e., the desert dwellers in NWN Shadows of Undrentide; aka FR arabs).

toroks

Educated
Swen: "You miss a lot in D&D—if the dice are bad, you miss," he says. "That doesn't work well in a videogame. If I do that, you're going to review it and say it's shit. Our approach has been implementing it as pure as we can, and then just seeing what works and what doesn't. Stuff that doesn't work, we start adapting until it does."

They're making a DND game where you can't roll 1...?
Getting a tiny bit sceptical here...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Infinitron, once details are revealed, can you split the thread and lock this one?

I'm sick of checking back through pages of blabbering about nothing looking for details that aren't even out yet.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Swen said:
if the dice are bad, you miss ... That doesn't work well in a videogame. If I do that, you're going to review it and say it's shit.

:swen:

Baldur's "button -> awesome" Gate. Is there anyone left that doesn't believe it will be grade A shit?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
He did. They fast forwarded 100 years, and he is basically the only one left alive of the entire group. However, most of them have "reincarnated", and the gang is back together. They are even conveniently identified for you who their "previous lives" were. And yes, Cattie-brie is back in another body. A Bedine (i.e., the desert dwellers in NWN Shadows of Undrentide; aka FR arabs).

Dafuq now ?!?!?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Why did you make me read up on this, you sick bastard!

While in Baldur's Gate, Artemis cuckolded him with Dahlia and they encountered Dahlia's son Effron again.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

While in Baldur's Gate, Artemis cuckolded him with Dahlia and they encountered Dahlia's son Effron again.
Are you guys talking about D&D or some turkish soap opera????

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
7990f542270870885336bd17d8d0728c.jpg

Cael

Arcane

Dafuq now ?!?!?
Welcome to 5th Ed FR, dudes. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Muahahahahaha!

Cael

Arcane

Just for you to see that, yes, casters are better than fighters. Salvatore was trying to make Cattie-brie dual class into a mage in the whole Obould saga, but then woked of the coast brought out 5th Ed, so why not go the whole hog?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
As of 5E, there's random bits of homosexuality everywhere. Two men sharing a bed, a married pair of male porters, a gnome settlement with two kings, and a shopkeeper with nonbinary pronouns all appear in 5e adventures. An attempt to Retcon the massively corrupt and crime ridden city of Waterdeep into "Seattle during Pride" was actually met with significant backlash.
Why?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It doesn't matter what you think. Larian has existed since 1996 and never made anything remarkable. Truth be told back in the day no one wanted to touch their stuff. Those weren't even second-rate RPGs, but third-rate ones, worth picking up only during a summer videogame drought.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom