Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The only scenario in an RPG I can think of where it's appropriate to involve yourself in gigantic battlefields is when you strategically go around picking off key targets. Huge army vs army battles don't mesh well with the usual party-based gameplay.
Throne of Bhaal,you fought off an army.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
The only scenario in an RPG I can think of where it's appropriate to involve yourself in gigantic battlefields is when you strategically go around picking off key targets. Huge army vs army battles don't mesh well with the usual party-based gameplay.
Visions of Battle of Yenwood Field intensifies.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hello Codex, it's your friendly Baldur's Gate Lore Autist here. The long-promised "Infernal Tides" comic has finally been released. Below I post the first cover. Will report on whether it has any connections to Baldur's Gate 3 once I find a "legit" copy.

http://www.jimzub.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/DDInfernalTides01-CoverA.jpg

More like

mrII3gI.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I feel bad for the monsters. I can see them just doing their regular shit of raping and pillaging,and from nowhere being charged by that group of degenerates and social outcasts. I too will become a fucking ghosts if i get killed by a tranny faggot wielding a huge claymore or by an elf faggot with a buttplug in the ass.

Elex

Arbiter
che comics look like is based on the BG: descent into avernus campaign.
a lot of cool blood war arts but i din’t think bg3 is about that.
ELHL3IrVUAAZpn8
I'm pretty sure Phalanx formation is not the best when opponents can lob fireballs!

Nor is attacking a phalanx with cavalry.
It looks like a Marvel comic. Decline.
you can if the enemy phalanx wear helmet that complete obscurate vision and the only helmet with eyeholes are the one of the devils with blindvision.

Elex

Arbiter
Oh boy. Lads, here's the summary of the second issue:

A devil-tainted puzzle box sends our heroes to the fortress-library known as Candlekeep.

I really can't wait until someone actually posts comics somewhere.

EDIT: Turns out the comic will be released December 11, a day before TGA happens.
that sound exactly like descent into avernus campaign.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why is there a goth with purple eyeshadow in the Forgotten Realms?

Edit: Oh I see https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Nerys_Kathon
Nerys Kathon was a cleric of Kelemvor

Nerys was a muscular woman with pale skin and black hair. She had purple eyes, accentuated with eyeshadow made from arrowroot

A priest using a blade upsets my AD&D purism. :rpgcodex:

Oh and apparently the blond guy is Coran's son.

Cael

Arcane

Nerys was a muscular woman with pale skin and black hair. She had purple eyes, accentuated with eyeshadow made from arrowroot

The problem with that one is that Gygax apparently didn't know that if you hit someone with a blunt instrument hard enough, it invariably draws blood :D

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He is the only one that looks almost normal in that picture,and he looks like a serial killer. I am sure that this goth cleric is actually a tranny transformed in to woman.....it reminds me of somebody....
maxresdefault.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

The problem with that one is that Gygax apparently didn't know that if you hit someone with a blunt instrument hard enough, it invariably draws blood :D

The whole "Clerics use blunt weapons" has apocryphal historical precedence. Clergymen during the Crusades used maces because they weren't allowed to "shed blood".

Xeon

Augur
I thought Coran had a daughter in BG1 and not a son.

Kinda sucks, even tho I liked Coran in BG1, he kinda turned to shit in BG2 falling for Safana and getting killed by the werewolf like a bitch if you didn't save him quick enough.

ELHL3IrVUAAZpn8
I'm pretty sure Phalanx formation is not the best when opponents can lob fireballs!

you can if the enemy phalanx wear helmet that complete obscurate vision and the only helmet with eyeholes are the one of the devils with blindvision.
seems like the artist has something against drawing eyes. Almost every single creatures or humanoid has their eyes covered or obscured in some manner. Sort of like that one comic artist who constantly hid the feet.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
ELHL3IrVUAAZpn8

seems like the artist has something against drawing eyes. Almost every single creatures or humanoid has their eyes covered or obscured in some manner. Sort of like that one comic artist who constantly hid the feet.

I can see Dumbo's eye!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom