Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Everyone leaches on the old dead Metulazeh corpse for vitae of hype and clicks....

And Larian is going to turn (it?) into an Abomination.

Lilura
Very positive outlook.
Well see how it goes...

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Behold. I have returned: bigger, badder and better than ever.

lilura.jpg

What brought me back? Baldur's Gate 3.

For those who don't know who I am, please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Lilura. I'm better than you because I have a blog that garners millions of views per year, and you are naught but a shitposter lost in the shuffle, and unread. You are but a gnat compared to my power.

That's right: I have a blog. It's a big blog. A big Baldur's Gate blog. Built by me from the ground up. Not a cent has been invested and not a cent has been requested. I can neither be bought, bargained with nor reasoned with. This is pure power-blogging at work.

My blog started off small and then BOOM - Lilura ruled. The incline steepened acutely. Stack me up against other commentators. Oh, that's right. You can't because I've crushed the competition with my King Content. These impudent, spineless and fickle upstarts pulled the plug when they realized they couldn't compete. They looked upon my write-ups and despaired.

In this (admittedly limited) sphere of human endeavour, I am the butthurt generator par excellence. I have written off people here, there and everywhere, I've deleted hundreds of comments, blocked all kinds of posters, conducted what amounts to a blog-wide purge, and yet I'm still number one, still on top, indeed, still soaring above and looking DOWN, because no one can doubt my integrity, dedication and passion for Renaissance-era RPGs such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate and Jagged Alliance 2. When it comes to defending the legacies of these classics against criticisms based on degenerate current gen fads, trends and "sensibilities", I have been, are now, and always be poised.

This announcement of BG3 will only reinforce my dominance of the Baldur's Gate narrative: I will leverage my prolific extant commentary in order to push my BG3 commentary to the apex and forefront. This is grave news for those who have posted against me in the past out of petty spite, but good news for everyone else.

Looking forward to watching my blogstats incline by an order of magnitude as a direct result of this announcement. This is going to be good.
As a newbie to BG, I read your blog and thought it was shit. I just went to Sorcerers, bro.

Codex Year of the Donut

For those who don't know who I am, please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Lilura. I'm better than you because I have a blog that garners millions of views per year, and you are naught but a shitposter lost in the shuffle, and unread. You are but a gnat compared to my power.

That's right: I have a blog. It's a big blog. A big Baldur's Gate blog. Built by me from the ground up. Not a cent has been invested and not a cent has been requested. I can neither be bought, bargained with nor reasoned with. This is pure power-blogging at work.

My blog started off small and then BOOM - Lilura ruled. The incline steepened acutely. Stack me up against other commentators. Oh, that's right. You can't because I've crushed the competition with my King Content. These impudent, spineless and fickle upstarts pulled the plug when they realized they couldn't compete. They looked upon my write-ups and despaired.

In this (admittedly limited) sphere of human endeavour, I am the butthurt generator par excellence. I have written off people here, there and everywhere, I've deleted hundreds of comments, blocked all kinds of posters, conducted what amounts to a blog-wide purge, and yet I'm still number one, still on top, indeed, still soaring above and looking DOWN, because no one can doubt my integrity, dedication and passion for Renaissance-era RPGs such as Fallout, Baldur's Gate and Jagged Alliance 2. When it comes to defending the legacies of these classics against criticisms based on degenerate current gen fads, trends and "sensibilities", I have been, are now, and always be poised.

This announcement of BG3 will only reinforce my dominance of the Baldur's Gate narrative: I will leverage my prolific extant commentary in order to push my BG3 commentary to the apex and forefront. This is grave news for those who have posted against me in the past out of petty spite, but good news for everyone else.

Looking forward to watching my blogstats incline by an order of magnitude as a direct result of this announcement. This is going to be good.
Your blog is pretty much the only site with good info for SoD, so, thanks.

Zeriel

Arcane

As a newbie to BG, I read your blog and thought it was shit. I just went to Sorcerers, bro.

Based and Baldurdash-pilled.

Zeriel

Arcane
I think she's trying to do an "amusing" affectation, but it just comes across as the real thing.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’ll be honest. I didn’t like Lilura’s aesthetic look of her blog, so I went to Sorcerers where it looked pretty. Yea, it’s really that simple.

Jinn

Arcane
Understandable. My blog is for veterans only. Newbies are usually not allowed to comment on my blog.

Welcome back, Lilura. I was actually just reading your blog the other day, wondering what you were thinking about the BG 3 announcement. I can't imagine you have much optimism for it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Welcome back, Lilura. I was actually just reading your blog the other day, wondering what you were thinking about the BG 3 announcement. I can't imagine you have much optimism for it.

Thanks, Jinn. I don't like Larian's games at all. I'm only going to cover BG3 because it's WotC-sanctioned canon, and cannot be ignored. I ignored their Divinity franchise entirely: beneath contempt. I screened out any comments that praised it over the classics.

J1M

Arcane
Fuck wizards and fuck everyone in marketing everywhere.

I ignore this Baldur's Gate III bullshit until now, but it's picking up some chatter so I have to track down and CTRL-F three articles before I find someone who asked the most important and basic question: is it turn-based? And these assholes won't even answer the fucking question.

I know exactly what you marketers are doing. You are trying to market at every fucking person on this planet by taking for granted the dollars of those who are your core audience. By acting terrified to exclude anyone as a potential customer you are refusing to answer basic questions about the game. Put me squarely in a new market demographic of people who are unwilling to purchase products that advertise in such a transparently cynical way. Fuck off.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
They are acting coy and like buffoons PR-wise, but they also exhibit business acumen.

1.6 mil views on the teaser trailer in just a few days. For a franchise resurrected after two decades with a name most people can't spell or pronounce. Not bad.

Oh, and my blogstats have tripled. That means there are shitloads of people wanting to play BG and BG2 due to the announcement.

I'll bet Beam-mutt are happy flogging extra EEs, too.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
BG3 trailer is pretty dumb.

Why the res evil blobby face shit?

Larian trying to add edgy horror to their repertoire of shiny WoW graphics and shitty writing?
Eh? If you're fast-tracking ceremorphosis for a teaser I don't know how else you do it than quickly deforming the shit out of everything.

Cael

Arcane
Thanks, Jinn. I don't like Larian's games at all. I'm only going to cover BG3 because it's WotC-sanctioned canon, and cannot be ignored. I ignored their Divinity franchise entirely: beneath contempt. I screened out any comments that praised it over the classics.
Hehe I like you.:bounce:
First it's "Hehe! I like you." Then, ZAP! Frog time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I didn't expect you to treat a 3rd person action game seriously just because they've named it BG3. I wonder, by what standards will you be evaluating its RPG qualities? You wrote something about holding it up to the classics, but I don't see how this will work.

Yosharian

Arcane
I didn't expect you to treat a 3rd person action game seriously just because they've named it BG3. I wonder, by what standards will you be evaluating its RPG qualities? You wrote something about holding it up to the classics, but I don't see how this will work.
How do you know that it's a third person action game?

Grimlorn

Arcane
How do you know that it's a third person action game?
Well that's the most likely guess atm. They won't admit it's isometric, meaning it likely isn't. Because you could admit its isometric and it could still be turn based or RTWP. Plus Sven said something about there being no misses because it's boring. Seems likely to be some sort of Dragon Age 2 like action with pause game.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
didn't expect you to treat a 3rd person action game seriously just because they've named it BG3. I wonder, by what standards will you be evaluating its RPG qualities? You wrote something about holding it up to the classics, but I don't see how this will work.

I take Vamp Bloodlines and The Witcher seriously.

Both of those games have more reactivity than BG and BG2 combined.

We can potentially make many comparisons but we need more info first. At this point, we know next to nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom