Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate III by Larian Studios - No, there are no actual gameplay details yet

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by Belegarsson, May 30, 2019.

1. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    You should see the other idiot we have in this place, who admitted that he was wrong, but refuse to admit he is wrong in the same post because the person he is arguing with might be the homophobe the guy claimed he is but is too polite to say it out loud. No seriously. He knew he was wrong, but he immediately made shit up so that he doesn't have to apologise. It was basically the clown news network manifest in one kid.

Of course, he claimed to be a hot-headed kid from Eastern Europe, but he has only 130+ posts since 2017, and have posted at least a dozen posts in the last day or so. He hits so many caricatures, that I am left wondering if he is a trolling alt.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Harry Easter Savant

Harry Easter
    Nah, Swen is not a fan of that stuff. But I could imagine, that they could to let the camera zoom in on the speaker and you have conservations like in Dragon Commander, but gameplaywise it's more like D:OS. Or like NWN2, without the shitty camera.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. smaug Savant Patron

smaug
    He's gay what do you expect?

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    I haven't blocked you specifically. Just PMs generally. If anyone wants to see my friendlier side, there's always the blog's comments section. :)

I've created a couple of threads before for this and that write-up, but they didn't go down too well so I just stopped.

Yep, right now, I only have the time to boot up MAME and play some Golden Axe or something. :P

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    I know and am friends with homosexual people of both genders. They definitely do not act like that. He seems more like a wannabe like Kevin "I Wrote For You" Maginn than the real deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    That was pre-patch. NWN2's strategy cam is the most powerful and flexible in the genre. BG3 would do well to employ something similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Harry Easter Savant

Harry Easter
    Could be. It's been a whil and back then my internetconnection was too shitty, to patch my version of NWN2. So maybe I should replay it soon.

• incline incline x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Rivmusique Arcane Patron

Rivmusique
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    If there's not a "milked by mindflayers" game over state with accompanying in-engine cutscene then this has all been for naught.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. onemananadhisdroid Augur

onemananadhisdroid
    I came late to NWN2 but the camera (all of them) is easily the worst aspect of the game. Every time I kept on thinking -- oh if only this was just made in an isometric engine -- not that they added anything to that gameplay wise anyway, except for "cinematic" feels in dialogues and an optionally 3rd Person cam view. Speaking of which, still hopeful that Larian and their system driven approach may teach that very old dog some new tricks not actually seen before.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What, because it reuses some of the same general design concepts? Well so do Dragon Commander and Divinity: Fallen Heroes, but one of those is a base-building RTS and the other is a turn-based tactics game.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    Are you kidding me? NWN2's strategy cam is as close as it gets in 3d to a tactical isometric experience. You just lack the basic human intelligence required in order to work it out. I'm dead set serious: you 'tards are on par with those who can't work out Gothic's controls. It's a sure sign of console 'tards that shouldn't be gaming on PCs in the first place. Get out of the genepool, pls.

• Funny x 7
    • Brofist x 3
    • retadred x 3
    • (autism) x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Pretty Prophet

Pretty
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Please don't leave again, Lilura

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It would be nice if anyone could compare this with interviews Sven was giving before D:OS2. Was he talking more often about a videogame or about an RPG specifically? Maybe this is just his way of speaking, or maybe this means something about the game that's to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XnNndec12s
    https://youtu.be/8igzue_fNDQ?t=412
    https://youtu.be/Ju12JNh8gJs

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Harry Easter Savant

Harry Easter
    Come on now, do you really think that they would overhaul the whole game, after naming BG as an inspiration (even if it was Ultima, but details) and making millions with games like D:OS1 and D:OS2, while developing a successor to BG and having made good experiences with those kind of games? That would be stupid, considering what the idea of BG means. I don't know why everbody thinkssuddenly of DA, that's not the kind of game Larian wants to make anymore and not what Swen wants to do. Swen knows what he likes. And he doesn't like Divinity 2, which came the closest to an DA or Elder Scrolls (or Two Worlds *snicker*)- game. Relax people, I think it will be close enough to BG. And then you will hate the writing and the monsterdesign and complaining that your overpowered build doesn't work. Everything will be as usual.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. onemananadhisdroid Augur

onemananadhisdroid
    Deadly serious. I'm not arguing against some of the benefits. However I was constantly reminded of when RTS developers a good decade earlier started adopting 3d. You could see the benefits that may eventually come; but the hassle added on top of it eventually still outweighted that benefit, and the fixed top down static predecessors still remained far nicer to play. Which likely is no coincidence, as Obs at that Point had limited experience with it all. Good ideas; flawed implementations. Unless you are talking about a community mod rather than official patches, anyway.

^ Top  
  16. Lutte Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Lutte
    AwesomeButton
    Well, this is Larian before they launched the DOS KS :

They didn't shy away from showing some game content way before game release too :
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120531220546/http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/media.php
    the 2012 website

2012 shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stating at least its combat system principles was one of the main focus of the initial game unveiling and announcement.

Somehow they can't at least clear up whether this (bg3) is even TB or not yet all the retards don't have any common sense about what is going on.

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XmTGJ19
    So, the Divinities were RPGs, and Baldur's Gate III will be a videogame... :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Remember that guy who was doing those cool keen commander games, what has he become... It's Sven turning into a scheming evil billionaire too. Corporate secrecy, no devs talking with us anymore(even if we have some newsposter who would shill to death for them given the opportunity , cdkeys and a reasonable bribe) , shady deals with google stadia, forsaking the old audience and classics to make an online competitive action game.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Strange Fellow Magister Patron

Strange Fellow
    Or it's just less confusing to use the term video game when you're making comparisons with a PnP RPG, and you should dial down the paranoia a little.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Yes, it could be that, completely possible. But in the absense of definitive information, hypothesizing is the only thing we can do.

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. onemananadhisdroid Augur

onemananadhisdroid

He may have just confirmed a new Thief.*fabulously optimistic*

:incline:

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Yeah, I'm not fond of this PR style... Well, at least they're not taking blind pre-order like Bloodlines 2, or worse, Fallout 76.

^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    Yes, maybe it's a new Thief, with a 300-strong development team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Darth Canoli Arbiter

Darth Canoli
    They're going TB, it's obvious, why else would have they been selected ?

They're not revealing it yet not to shy away the RTwPtard' generation, guessing they're going to be too hyped to loose interest after they see it in action.

Incline can't be stopped!

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    I would have considered that probable if it wasn't for the "missing isn't fun" bit.

• meh meh x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)